ADVERTISEMENT

If UH and Cincy bolt for the Big XII...

Are f'n serious? Dear God you haven't been an Eagles fan long. We've played ECU, Tulane and Memphis for the last 30 years. With exception to La Tech, we have zero in common with anyone in CUSA and it's a freakin joke of a conference. An ABSOLUTE embarrassment. We BELONG with our former brethren in the AAC. It'll be like coming home. This is by far the BEST news (even if its rumor for now) that we might be finally invited to join and get out of this godforsaken craphole joke of a conference.

who can tell me what program we have played historically more than any other?
answer- Memphis

Reactions: JxCtyEagle
Really? You use this "opinion piece" as you source for a rumor? It's one dudes opinion. Not saying I disagree with his suposition, but it's no rumor and it won't happen. UCONN isn't leaving the AAC.

It took you almost a week of research, and that's the best you could come up with? Ouch.

I wouldn't be surprised if UH went to the Big XII...their first game this year is against OU and they can expand their stadium to 50k in the future. Patty seems to think that USM's best shot is if only one member of the AAC leaves. Munz says Bill Mac part II won't talk publicly address the rumor, but he did attend the AAC basketball tourney, which is more than "monitoring the situation" and having " contingency plans" should more realignment occur.

I would argue that the new AAC conference has shown more high end success than when their members were in CUSA. This past year Memphis had perhaps their best team ever, Temple was ranked(should have beaten ND) for the first time since 1979, and UH had arguebly their best season ever, as well as Navy. I can't quite put my finger on how the "rebranding" former CUSA teams helped, but it certainly did. There was national appeal to several of the AAC games, including UH's last two games on ABC. My point is if this happens, this will help USM in many ways, including more national exposure.

If that happens, what will all of you complainers who complained about playing them when they were in CUSA complain about then?

You won't here me complain about the AAC conference as we were humbled 4 years ago. Don't know what ya got til it's gone. The only certainty now is that we are in the worst conference EVER all while watching our former rivals (Louisville in particular) move on to bigger and better things. Our best rivals have moved up while we've actually gone backwards. Depressing.

Reactions: EasyEagle
After thinking about it, most of the schools now in the AAC had major facility overhalls. If USM joins the AAC, the first major overhaul is Reed Green . I like the plans, and not renovating it is not an option.

You won't here me complain about the AAC conference as we were humbled 4 years ago. Don't know what ya got til it's gone. The only certainty now is that we are in the worst conference EVER all while watching our former rivals (Louisville in particular) move on to bigger and better things. Our best rivals have moved up while we've actually gone backwards. Depressing.

Lol. I would bet the mortgage that you'll still find plenty to complain about.

If the AAC is so awesome, why is everyone there so desperately trying to leave it?
Yep, it wasn't too long ago that posters on this board were complaining about how it sucked to be in a conference with those schools in the AAC. The grass is always greener...

Yep, it wasn't too long ago that posters on this board were complaining about how it sucked to be in a conference with those schools in the AAC. The grass is always greener...

I think it's more about certain people here that just aren't happy unless they are complaining about anything and everything. If we moved to the SEC-East, those same people would complain that we weren't in the SEC-West.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT