ADVERTISEMENT

If UH and Cincy bolt for the Big XII...

I would honestly not pay a dime to move to the AAC. If they give even revenue sharing and take Marshall or La Tech with us, then fine. Otherwise, we are just fine in C-USA. I like C-USA! Those that left us behind should have to live with the mess that they created. The AAC will definitely take a big financial hit if they lose Cincy and Houston.

I would honestly not pay a dime to move to the AAC. If they give even revenue sharing and take Marshall or La Tech with us, then fine. Otherwise, we are just fine in C-USA. I like C-USA! Those that left us behind should have to live with the mess that they created. The AAC will definitely take a big financial hit if they lose Cincy and Houston.
I am fine where we are. We are going to take a little time to build CUSA, but we will get there. AAC will take a hit on their next TV contract negations, everyone is.
The thing about the B12, they can't see past their nose, all they see is what they think is population and TV sets, but when Southern Miss is on TV, most people would rather watch us than a Rutgers or Uconn, or West Virginina, Central Florida, or much less a Cincy. What we bring to the table is what they need and T&Am got and so did Mizzo and really Ole Miss. Recruiting!!!!. Ole Miss reached into Texas and took the number 1 lineman in the nation this year and is recruiting Texas like crazy. T&am is recruiting the SEC area like they never have before since joining. If the so called brains of the B12 were to let us in, within 2-3 years we would not be the lowest ranked team in the B12, we would be recruiting 3,4 and some 5* players.But the real advantage for the B12 would be the recruiting advantage for the rest of the B12 and the hurt they would put on them, aka Jim Harbour of Michigan, and Ohio State's coach Urban Myles doing the same. Why because they know what kind of athletes their are down here and they are now starting to get them and Nick Saben is worried big time about it. If the Big12 took us look at the foothold that they would have. They would a member school right dead smack in the middle of the SEC country, between La, Tenn,Al,Fl,Ga,. And what teams have won the national championship the most the last few years between them, Bama,LSU,Florida. With Miss and our surround state having such rich recruiting grounds and we are a plus. I know that Central florida has been mention, but we have so much more to offer.
I truly wish I and a group of us GW included, could sit down with the commish of the B12 and explain to him the errors of his ways and the pros and cons. Such as travel expenses. West V. was a big mistake, and they haven't brought nothing to the table but expense and they know it .We would save them time and money and bring them honor and respect given a chance. And that my fellow eagles is one man's opinions. Have a nice day.

getting the heck out of cusa would save our athletic program. theres no bigger joke of a conference than cusa. its completely embarrassing to be in a conference with charlotte, old dominion, fl int, fl atl, utsa, etc., the list goes on. and it makes no sense from a financial standpoint. our attendance (and finances) instantly improves being in the aac. sure hope it happens. then can dream of the Big 12.

The AAC is a better conference than CUSA. It is, so stop fooling yourself. It's the only move UP we can make. Thinking the BIG12 would even give us a sniff is crazy. Our academics alone would probably keep us out.
CUSA has been a disaster since the formation of the AAC. It's basically us and a bunch of programs with no football history, save maybe Rice a million years ago. Even if the BIG12 pulls Cincy and Memphis, the AAC is still better!
If somehow the Big 12 decides to take Cincy and BYU and Southern Miss then somehow replaces Cincy, then thats a great move for USM to be back in a conference with Memphis, ECU, Houston, UCF, USF, SMU, Tulane and Tulsa.

The AAC would be a great move because it has schools with established football programs that draw better than the current members. The current CUSA has upstarts that might bring more to the table in the future, but this time cannot bring the fan and financial support the current AAC. Keep in mind that some of the old CUSA members were able to move up by and large in part by making improvements to their athletic programs and by voicing their opposition to complacency.

Reactions: EasyEagle
If for no other reason than to play at Tulane every other year, going to the AAC is a good idea. Add going to Memphis every other year and it is a no brainer.

Reactions: BR Eagle
Tulane may have poor support, but at least they built nice stadium that is more on par with fan support that they do have. BTW I would love to read stories from those old enough to remember the original Tulane Stadium(Sugar Bowl). I could read those stories for hours, including how easy it was to get into the Super Bowl, or Tom Dempsey kicking a FG to the goalposts on the wrong end of the field.

Also ECU added to their stadium, and it paid off. >They have had crowds of 50k plus at their games.

Heard from a pretty reliable source we are the top choice and it should happen next year or the one after. Utep will begging to get into MWC. UAB about to be SOL

Everyone wants to be a P5. No one is leaving the AAC for something else other than P5. Wouldn't you rather play Memphis and Tulane than North Texas and FIU??

Not really. They all suck. Arguing over whether or not the AAC or CUSA is better is like arguing over whether Burger King or McDonalds is better.

Reactions: Norcrosseagle
Not really. They all suck. Arguing over whether or not the AAC or CUSA is better is like arguing over whether Burger King or McDonalds is better.

Are f'n serious? Dear God you haven't been an Eagles fan long. We've played ECU, Tulane and Memphis for the last 30 years. With exception to La Tech, we have zero in common with anyone in CUSA and it's a freakin joke of a conference. An ABSOLUTE embarrassment. We BELONG with our former brethren in the AAC. It'll be like coming home. This is by far the BEST news (even if its rumor for now) that we might be finally invited to join and get out of this godforsaken craphole joke of a conference.

Sorry guys. If we stay in CUSA we die a slow death. AAC is the conference that the P5 will be pulling from for the foreseeable future, not CUSA. We will not survive as a D1 school long enough to "grow this conference ". CUSA has never helped us in any way, or itself for that matter. CUSA is fine in its bottom feeder position and has never tried to me anything else. CUSA even gave well wishes those teams that left us, like those teams were doing CUSA a favor by making room for the unrecognizable rabble that we ended up with.

Stay in CUSA and we can alwayd fight to be the best of the middle of the pack of the bottom feeders.....

I agree. That's like getting together with with the woman that dumped you at the altar. Have ya'll no pride. I have no desire to go crawling back to the likes of Memphis, Tulane,East Carolina and especially UCF or any other of the jerks. We can make it on our on where we are given the time. Ya'll are just like a bunch of cows, you just think the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and not are ever happy.

Not saying the grass is greener. Saying that there may not be any grass left on this side for us. Do you think for one second that WKU, Charlotte, or N Texas would pass up an opportunity to move out of CUSA to the AAC?
Yeah, those jerk teams that left us "standing at the altar" suck. The got tired of living in the "run down trailer park of football", with USM telling them how great it was living in this dump. But every other team in CUSA would do the same thing given the chance. In fact, Im sure they have plans of doing so.

Are f'n serious? Dear God you haven't been an Eagles fan long. We've played ECU, Tulane and Memphis for the last 30 years. With exception to La Tech, we have zero in common with anyone in CUSA and it's a freakin joke of a conference. An ABSOLUTE embarrassment. We BELONG with our former brethren in the AAC. It'll be like coming home. This is by far the BEST news (even if its rumor for now) that we might be finally invited to join and get out of this godforsaken craphole joke of a conference.

What was their bowl record again?

Our caliber athletics, football, baseball and basketball, is on par with ECU and Memphis and UCF (not CUSA these days). More importantly, they are our traditional rivals (throw in Tulane). We belong with them. Hope these rumors are true.

Reactions: BR Eagle
Our caliber athletics, football, baseball and basketball, is on par with ECU and Memphis and UCF (not CUSA these days). More importantly, they are our traditional rivals (throw in Tulane). We belong with them. Hope these rumors are true.

0-12 UCF?

Just a simple thought, from reading the messages. I'm not against a move to the AAC but its not as exciting as some make it out to be. It appears the common thread is perception of what the AAC is to what CUSA is. So are we willing to pay millions (we don't have) in exit/entrance fees for the perception of being in a better conference? Fan support, sell-out games, and increase in athletics budget won't be gained by moving to the AAC to play those we didn't sell-out, pony up money for the first time we were in a conference with them. What team would we play in the AAC while get us to sell-out? Did they over the last couple of decades when we played them?

Very few P5 moves will happen so it's not like they will be raiding the AAC in any regularity where at any point USM is in that conference and will be next on the list.

People comparing our bowl records is hilarious. Look at who they played. I'm not saying we didn't have decent teams this year, but they had three in the top 25 at one point. Not only that, but they are the teams we've played historically, not the directional schools we're lumped with now. If we get the opportunity, it's suicide not to take it.

People comparing our bowl records is hilarious. Look at who they played. I'm not saying we didn't have decent teams this year, but they had three in the top 25 at one point. Not only that, but they are the teams we've played historically, not the directional schools we're lumped with now. If we get the opportunity, it's suicide not to take it.

I'll ask again. What was their bowl record? Excuses aren't really my thing.

I'll ask again. What was their bowl record? Excuses aren't really my thing.

By that logic, let's just join the Sun Belt and stomp teams. Who cares who we're playing! Record is what matters! SEC invite? Nah, we want a winning record every year, not competition.

By that logic, let's just join the Sun Belt and stomp teams. Who cares who we're playing! Record is what matters! SEC invite? Nah, we want a winning record every year, not competition.

I am assuming that the AAC's bowl record wasn't very good since you're refusing to post it.

I am assuming that the AAC's bowl record wasn't very good since you're refusing to post it.

how many bowl games did the AAC play in compared to CrapUSA? how many bowl games did the AAC play against P5 schools? How many did CrapUSA play against P5 schools? What conference had a team finish in the top 10, two of the last three years? what conference hasnt had a team ranked in the top 20 since 2011?

how many bowl games did the AAC play in compared to CrapUSA? how many bowl games did the AAC play against P5 schools? How many did CrapUSA play against P5 schools? What conference had a team finish in the top 10, two of the last three years? what conference hasnt had a team ranked in the top 20 since 2011?

So I guess nobody is going to answer my question. Excuses are for losers.

drop mic and walk away.....

Yes, and CUSA is Burger King and the AAC is McDonalds. Ask anyone potential franchise owner which restaurant they'd rather own.......100% would say McDonalds because it's far more recognizable and profitable....it's not even close.

Reactions: Speedeagle_3
BevisButtheadThreadSucks.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT