ADVERTISEMENT

USM professor Kate Greene is an idiot

the example you're looking for is when the Christian right tried to keep a Muslim community center out of New York

Originally posted by laureleagleson:
the example you're looking for is when the Christian right tried to keep a Muslim community center out of New York
As usual, you're completely wrong. Muslims wanted to put a mosque at ground zero to mock the victims of 9/11. Many people, conservative and liberal, fought against that. Even a ton of muslims came out against it.

The opponents only wanted it a few blocks away instead of at ground zero, not "out of New York". It's really sad when you sick and twisted liberals just make foolish things up to try to make conservatives look bad. But then again, you people enjoy being douchebags like this guy to show how "tolerant and open minded" you are...

http://www.businessinsider.com/vante-cfo-bullies-c

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:
As usual, you're completely wrong. Muslims wanted to put a mosque at ground zero to mock the victims of 9/11. Many people, conservative and liberal, fought against that. Even a ton of muslims came out against it.

The opponents only wanted it a few blocks away instead of at ground zero, not "out of New York". It's really sad when you sick and twisted liberals just make foolish things up to try to make conservatives look bad. But then again, you people enjoy being douchebags like this guy to show how "tolerant and open minded" you are...

"Right-wing political commentators, politicians, hard-line Christian ministers, bloggers and some families of 9/11 victims have charged that it is insensitive to 9/11 families, dishonors memories of the victims and will be a "monument to terrorism.""

"But here are the facts:The center is not at Ground Zero but two blocks away, and the Cordoba Initiative seeks to build a center, not a mosque. The center is not designed as a local mosque for a Muslim community but rather to serve the wider[/I] community.

It is meant to improve interfaith and Muslim-West relations and promote tolerance -- not just to provide services to Muslims. The proposed 15-story community center will include a prayer room, offices, meeting rooms, gym, swimming pool and performing arts center."

... You were saying? I mean, it was hard to get your meaning between all the d-bag, twisted, foolishness that was being thrown around in your post.

LINK

"Right-wing political commentators, politicians, hard-line Christian ministers, bloggers and some families of 9/11 victims have charged that it is insensitive to 9/11 families, dishonors memories of the victims and will be a "monument to terrorism.""

"But here are the facts:The center is not at Ground Zero but two blocks away, and the Cordoba Initiative seeks to build a center, not a mosque. The center is not designed as a local mosque for a Muslim community but rather to serve the wider[/I] community.

It is meant to improve interfaith and Muslim-West relations and promote tolerance -- not just to provide services to Muslims. The proposed 15-story community center will include a prayer room, offices, meeting rooms, gym, swimming pool and performing arts center."

... You were saying? I mean, it was hard to get your meaning between all the d-bag, twisted, foolishness that was being thrown around in your post.
Yeah, it was all the "evil right-wing Christians". Oops. I guess you forgot you're not the only one that knows how to use Google...

Muslims oppose Ground Zero mosque

If I were you, I'd go crawl back to whatever rock you've been hiding under the last 5 years or so. You aren't faring any better now than you did back then.
happy0007.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 8/3 12:24 AM by Legendary Eagle

Your link doesn't lead anywhere. Why don't you figure out how to work that before you tangle with me, son.

Your link doesn't lead anywhere. Why don't you figure out how to work that before you tangle with me, son.
lol. A 20-something twerp calling me "son". Or have you even reached 20 yet? You just continue to perpetuate the liberal douchebag stereotype. And it's not really "tangling" when I win so easily.

The link works just fine for me, but since you have trouble using a mouse, here it is one more time.

http://www.newsmax.com/Emerson/muslimgroundzeromos

Congrats on learning "link." Let's continue... Congrats! You were wrong on everything you said except that there were some Muslims in the world who opposed the community center being built blocks away from Ground Zero. The funny thing is that it took you finding an obviously biased article to prove that small point. But, again, congrats.
Here's a list for you, though. Read it, then fade away. No matter how many tantrums you throw, names you call, or hyperbolic statements you make, the fact that the Christian right have tried to impede the construction of Muslim centers and mosques simply because of religious differences will always remain just that, fact.

This one is my favorite:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20013448-503544.html

Link

Congrats on learning "link." Let's continue... Congrats! You were wrong on everything you said except that there were some Muslims in the world who opposed the community center being built blocks away from Ground Zero. The funny thing is that it took you finding an obviously biased article to prove that small point. But, again, congrats.
Here's a list for you, though. Read it, then fade away. No matter how many tantrums you throw, names you call, or hyperbolic statements you make, the fact that the Christian right have tried to impede the construction of Muslim centers and mosques simply because of religious differences will always remain just that, fact.

This one is my favorite:
lol. You complain about a "biased article", and then post a link to freakin' CBS? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Man, I've missed having you around here. You always provide me with nonstop laughs.

Let's see what's actually happened here, and not your twisted version of things:

1) You claimed that it was a "community center" and not a mosque. I provided about half a dozen links proving you wrong. Winner: Legendary Eagle.

2) You claimed that it was a Christian conservative effort to "keep the mosque out of the city". Again, I provided half a dozen articles that prove you wrong. The show that the effort was supported by conservatives, liberals, muslims, and over 60% of Americans in general. Winner: Legendary Eagle

I'm not sure what strange parallel universe you reside in where losing a debate is some sort of victory, but here on planet reality you've been beaten soundly.

Once again, time to go crawl back under the rock you've been hiding under. You brought a french tickler to a gun fight, and just got blown into oblivion by a Howitzer.

This one is my favorite:
I will give you one small point, though, as I don't want you to toss and turn all night from nightmares of the beatdown you just got. There are plenty of hateful Christians out there that are wrong about many things, including being against Muslims, hating on gays, and quite a few other un-Christian things that they do in the name of religion. However, that's the case for all groups of people. Just like there are plenty of bigoted liberals that are showing their asses right now. So congrats. You proved that Christians aren't perfect either. Feel better now?

What do you consider a source? Only things that you post? Fox? Limbaugh? If you won't even recognize the credibility of CBS, then what is the point. You found a democratic senator... congrats. You found 50% of democrats... congrats.... you left out 80% of republicans (an overwhelming majority, wouldn't you say?). You did nothing to show that it wasn't a community center, so I don't even know why you think that you did. And you also said that the compromise would be that it should be placed a couple blocks away when it was actually proposed to be a couple blocks away to begin with.

You can always find people supporting an issue that would normally be apart of the opposition, but even your article states that the vast majority and the leaders of the opposition were right wing christians.

You also forgot about the christian right attempt to stop mosques from being built in Tennessee and Wisconsin, as well as other areas in the country.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/12707603/opposing-sides-come-face-to-face-at-mosque-rally?redirected=true

What about Herman Cain (a presidential hopeful) saying that Muslims have no rights to the first amendment and therefor have no right to build mosques in the US?

On Fox News Sunday today, host Chris Wallace pursued Cain's reasoning behind his rabid opposition to the Tennessee center. Cain explained that while the Constitution guarantees a separation of church and state, the Islamic faith "combines church and state. They're using the church part of our First Amendment to infuse their morals in that community." Noting his constant invocation of the Constitution which guarantees the freedom of religion, Wallace asked Cain whether any American community has a right to ban a mosque. Cain replied, "Yes, they have the right to do that":
WALLACE: But couldn't any community then say they don't want a mosque in our community?
CAIN: They could say that. Chris, lets go back to the fundamental issue that the people are basically saying they're objecting to. They're objecting to the fact Islam is both a religion and a set of laws, Sharia law. That's the difference between any one of our other traditional religions where it's just about religious purposes.[/B] The people in the community know best, and I happen to side with the people in Murfreesboro.
WALLACE: You're saying any community, if they want to ban a mosque?
CAIN: Yes. They have a right to do that.[/B] That's not discriminating based upon religion.[/QUOTE]

You proved that Christians aren't perfect either. Feel better now?
A member of the Christian right finally admitting it is a step in the right direction.
Actually, 100% of true Christians admit that. You can't become a Christian until you admit that you're a sinner that needs the salvation provided by Jesus' blood. Anyone claiming to be a Christian that thinks they are better than anyone else probably isn't really a Christian.

What do you consider a source? Only things that you post? Fox? Limbaugh? If you won't even recognize the credibility of CBS, then what is the point. You found a democratic senator... congrats. You found 50% of democrats... congrats.... you left out 80% of republicans (an overwhelming majority, wouldn't you say?). You did nothing to show that it wasn't a community center, so I don't even know why you think that you did. And you also said that the compromise would be that it should be placed a couple blocks away when it was actually proposed to be a couple blocks away to begin with.

You can always find people supporting an issue that would normally be apart of the opposition, but even your article states that the vast majority and the leaders of the opposition were right wing christians.

You also forgot about the christian right attempt to stop mosques from being built in Tennessee and Wisconsin, as well as other areas in the country.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/12707603/opposing-sides-come-face-to-face-at-mosque-rally?redirected=true

What about Herman Cain (a presidential hopeful) saying that Muslims have no rights to the first amendment and therefor have no right to build mosques in the US?
On Fox News Sunday today, host Chris Wallace pursued Cain's reasoning behind his rabid opposition to the Tennessee center. Cain explained that while the Constitution guarantees a separation of church and state, the Islamic faith "combines church and state. They're using the church part of our First Amendment to infuse their morals in that community." Noting his constant invocation of the Constitution which guarantees the freedom of religion, Wallace asked Cain whether any American community has a right to ban a mosque. Cain replied, "Yes, they have the right to do that":
WALLACE: But couldn't any community then say they don't want a mosque in our community?
CAIN: They could say that. Chris, lets go back to the fundamental issue that the people are basically saying they're objecting to. They're objecting to the fact Islam is both a religion and a set of laws, Sharia law. That's the difference between any one of our other traditional religions where it's just about religious purposes.[/B] The people in the community know best, and I happen to side with the people in Murfreesboro.
WALLACE: You're saying any community, if they want to ban a mosque?
CAIN: Yes. They have a right to do that.[/B] That's not discriminating based upon religion.
[/QUOTE] 1) Several of the links I provided showed that a mosque was a component of the community center. It was a 17 story building, with part of it being a mosque. Not really sure why you're arguing that, as it's well known that a mosque was part of it.

2) I didn't say I didn't recognize CBS' credibility. I just laughed at the irony of you whining about a biased article, then posted something from one of the most leftist news organizations out there. And your article didn't prove anything. It was about some vocal citizen being an idiot. That really doesn't rise to the level of people like Rahm Emmanuel and mayors of cities banning an American business that's run by an American citizen from doing business in their cities.

3) Survivors of 9/11 and victims families thought it was too close to ground zero. Whether it was 2 cm, or 2 blocks, if those people opposed it, then I listen to them. If they consider that ground zero, then I listen to them. I don't really care what a street map says, or if you want to go measure it out to try to prove me wrong. I listen to the people that were in the towers when they were hit by Muslim extremists. If they were offended by a mosque going up there, then I support them in their quest to have it built elsewhere.

4) You tried to make this a Conservative Christian issue. In reality, it was an American issue. Being New Yorkers, I sincerely doubt that many, if any, of those 9/11 victims and families were conservatives. Yes, a lot of conservatives defended them and took up there cause. But so did a ton of liberals, the vast majority of Americans, and many, many Muslims themselves.

5) This was not even an issue about freedom of speech, freedom of religion, or being against someone because of their beliefs (like the current CFA situation). It was about common courtesy and respect. It was a slap in the face to the victims of 9/11, and to Americans in general, to erect a Muslim "community center" at that site. It was a disrespectful move to try to do that, just like it would be if Ole Miss tried to open up a store full of OM wear on our campus. Trying to turn this situation into conservative Christian hate is just not even feasible.

6) Herman Cain is an American citizen, and he has his own opinions. He's never been elected to office, and it's doubtful that he ever will be.

7) I have still yet to see a sitting Republican official threaten to refuse a permit to a legitimate business for something that the owner of that business said in an interview.

LOL! Keep pushing further and further into semantics all you like. It's not going to spontaneously change facts.

LOL! Keep pushing further and further into semantics all you like. It's not going to spontaneously change facts.
Ummm, yeah. I don't really need to change facts. I won this debate several hours ago in slam dunk, teabagging your face while I shattered the backboard fashion. I mean, why you're even still trying to argue has me scratching my head. I guess you still haven't grown up enough to be able to admit when you're wrong. I'm just being nice and trying to help you understand. I forgot that being nice doesn't really get me anywhere with you.

I won this debate several hours ago in slam dunk, teabagging your face while I shattered the backboard fashion.
That bit of words deserves at least it's own post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT