ADVERTISEMENT

USM professor Kate Greene is an idiot

Eagle in the gym

BGN Pro Poster
May 20, 2003
USM professor Kate Greene has requested the issue be put on the faculty senate's agenda.

"We have a non-discrimination policy at USM
that includes sexual orientation and so if we have that policy, I think
to live up to that, then we should not be doing anything to support
organizations that are anti-gay," said Greene.

So...you aren't tolerant of something for being religious, because they aren't tolerant toward homosexuals. Isn't that sort of...intolerant?

All in the name of open-mindedness

Originally posted by Eagle in the gym:

USM professor Kate Greene has requested the issue be put on the faculty senate's agenda.

"We have a non-discrimination policy at USM
that includes sexual orientation and so if we have that policy, I think
to live up to that, then we should not be doing anything to support
organizations that are anti-gay," said Greene.

So...you aren't tolerant of something for being religious, because they aren't tolerant toward homosexuals. Isn't that sort of...intolerant?
EitG,

But it's ok to be intolerant of anything that might have to do with Christianity. You just need to get the book on how to be a good tolerant American, and you will understand. For example, "They dont agree with me. They are intolerant, so I want them off my campus."

Originally posted by Eagle 70:
Where can we sign the petition in person??
I heard they were taking signatures for the petition at a table inside Chick-fil-a. Just grab a bite to eat, sign the petition, and get one of those good milkshakes on the way out.
laugh.r191677.gif

So, has Chic-fil-a failed to serve a gay person due to his or her sexual orientation? I don't think so. Americans have always had the right to boycott a business, even for the most nonsensical reasons. I for one support traditional marriage as does Chic-fil-a ownership. This will blow over because Chic-fil-a is a great organization that has strong Christian values and if they stick by their guns on not being open on Sunday and lose revenue because of it, do you really think people like Greene will phase them any? I would be shocked if they caved. I will just plan on eating more when I go.

Liberals are such hypocrites. They scream about free speech, equality, and open-mindedness....until you dare to do or say something that they disagree with. Then, they prove what closed-minded bigots they really are.

This post was edited on 7/31 9:01 PM by Legendary Eagle

Think i may go up on campus tomorrow to see what is going on. I'll be good. maybe
laugh.r191677.gif

has nothing to do with liberalism or conservatism...both sides have their share of intolerant Bastahds....intolerance is wrong no matter the political affiliation.....btw lumping anyone who isn't a diehard conservative by your definition into the same category as Kate Green, is like saying all dogs have spots cause yours does, lol

Smoke is certainly correct, but the ACLU is definitely a part of the liberal left in the political world. There are varying degrees of everything and intolerance is an issue that exists along the spectrum. When you have a strong belief in anything it is more difficult to honor the opposing view. By definition.

Originally posted by smokewrings:
has nothing to do with liberalism or conservatism...both sides have their share of intolerant Bastahds....intolerance is wrong no matter the political affiliation.....btw lumping anyone who isn't a diehard conservative by your definition into the same category as Kate Green, is like saying all dogs have spots cause yours does, lol
Ummm, yeah. Let me know when conservative mayors and city leaders start threatening private companies because they don't espouse their beliefs.

Prof. Green is a smart woman and a good professor. I am glad to have had the opportunity to take some of her classes at USM. Didn't agree with all that she stood for, but she is not an "idiot." Can we please get this thread removed from a sports message board?

Originally posted by Legendary Eagle:

Ummm, yeah. Let me know when conservative mayors and city leaders start threatening private companies because they don't espouse their beliefs.
Hmm, was it Conservative Christian values that prohibited the Black couple from getting married in the Baptist Church in Crystal Springs, Ms. just a week or so ago? Would that be considered Intolerance? Maybe I missed it, and hope I did, but I have not seen Conservative Christian leaders take a stand against this type of intolerance. If that is what is meant by Conservative moral leaders, then count me out boys!...Black/Gold

Originally posted by PensacolaEagle:

Hmm, was it Conservative Christian values that prohibited the Black couple from getting married in the Baptist Church in Crystal Springs, Ms. just a week or so ago? Would that be considered Intolerance? Maybe I missed it, and hope I did, but I have not seen Conservative Christian leaders take a stand against this type of intolerance. If that is what is meant by Conservative moral leaders, then count me out boys!...Black/Gold
actually it was because they attended that church but were not members. Most churches dont allow non members to use the facilitiy

Originally posted by WastinawaynNitChampsburg:

actually it was because they attended that church but were not members. Most churches dont allow non members to use the facilitiy
That may be true, and it is the type of thing the Pastor tells a couple right when they ask. My Uncle refused to marry me because I was marrying a woman that had been married before. He told me so upfront and to my face. Nothing I have read says anything remotely similar.....Black/Gold

I said mayors and government leaders, not private institutions. I support private citizens boycotting CFA, if they so choose. I support private companies not associating with anyone that they choose not to. I don't, however, support mayors of cities boycotting and threatening businesses, citizens, or anyone else that practices freedom of speech. And that goes for freedom of speech that I agree or disagree with.

Now, if you would like to find a real example of what I actually asked for, then I'm all ears.

I said mayors and government leaders, not private institutions. I support private citizens boycotting CFA, if they so choose. I support private companies not associating with anyone that they choose not to. I don't, however, support mayors of cities boycotting and threatening businesses, citizens, or anyone else that practices freedom of speech. And that goes for freedom of speech that I agree or disagree with.

Now, if you would like to find a real example of what I actually asked for, then I'm all ears.
I don't think anyone attacked Freedom of Speech, we all believe it's a great blessing, but, when you use that Freedom, like the owner of CFA did, people are going to react all kinds of ways. Personally, I don't have a problem with people on either side of the arguement. I like CFA, if I want one, I will buy one. It was the position he head of CFA took that brought on the whole scene. I don't know if you believe it or not, but Liberals believe in Freedom of Speech. Politicians, which would include Mayors, take positions on social issues all the time, and at times use those positions to pressure businesses, while I can't quote you specific instances to combat your arguement, they should not be hard to find by someone looking, I don't have the time nor desire to start such a search....Good luck if you do...Black/Gold

I don't think anyone attacked Freedom of Speech, we all believe it's a great blessing, but, when you use that Freedom, like the owner of CFA did, people are going to react all kinds of ways. Personally, I don't have a problem with people on either side of the arguement. I like CFA, if I want one, I will buy one. It was the position he head of CFA took that brought on the whole scene. I don't know if you believe it or not, but Liberals believe in Freedom of Speech. Politicians, which would include Mayors, take positions on social issues all the time, and at times use those positions to pressure businesses, while I can't quote you specific instances to combat your arguement, they should not be hard to find by someone looking, I don't have the time nor desire to start such a search....Good luck if you do...Black/Gold
Like I said, I don't mind individual reactions to Mr. Cathy's beliefs. If someone wants to protest CFA, then go for it. I find it extremely hypocritical of liberals that are always screaming about tolerance and freedom of speech to react in the way that they have, but we both know that that is typical liberal behavior. They have the right to remain stupid and intolerant, and I don't really care if they continue to embarrass themselves.

However, what mayors and city officials in places like Chicago, Boston, SF, etc. are doing by promising to deny CFA permits to put up restaurants is illegal, and violates Mr. Cathy's 1st amendment rights. THAT is what I have a problem with. And THAT is what is making liberals look even worse than their blatant hypocrisy.

So if this thread is still gonna be here.. Whats everyone's take on abortion?

It could be something as simple as Ms Greene is not a fan of chicken nuggets and prefers the breast or thigh, or simply prefers to dine at the Y.

Pensacola, you took what a few in a congregation of many and painted the whole Christian faith as them. Nice spin. 95% of that congregation believed that the couple should be married in the church and have had rallies about it since. It would be nice if those who made a point about this matter at least told the whole truth. No true Christian would have had any problem with the event.

I steered clear of Kate while I was at USM because she doesn't grade based on objectivity, rather on how well you promote her agenda. To put it nicely, she is a piece of work.

This has nothing to do with USM athletics. There are many of us that may differ when it comes to political views, religious views, and so forth. To me this area is where we can all discuss Southern Miss athletics in which actually should be at most in form of healthy debate. No place for politics or religious debates in this area.

Completely agree with Neil. Might not agree with all her views, but Prof Greene was an extremely intelligent and fair professor who allowed open debate in class and did not penalize those who disagreed with her.

However, Coastal hit the nail on the head. Prof Greene speaking out for gay and lesbian rights is about the same as Nancy Pelosi speaking out in favor of an all Democratic congress. Duh.

Originally posted by RaptorBpW:
Completely agree with Neil. Might not agree with all her views, but Prof Greene was an extremely intelligent and fair professor who allowed open debate in class and did not penalize those who disagreed with her.
But 180 degres different from the statement she made.

Actually, a ton of conservative leaders were outraged at the Crystal Springs church. I saw many saying thy a faith family that could not be multi racial should just be shut down. Heaven isn't going to be just white.

My employer who is not a usm alum, but is a long time ec member, season ticket holder, sent 2 daughters to usm and has a son in law who is a former football player just spent $400 to buy the office lunch from chic fil a.

He also emailed lucas and said if the cla is taken out of the hub he will stop his support lol.

Originally posted by USMSean:
This has nothing to do with USM athletics. There are many of us that may differ when it comes to political views, religious views, and so forth. To me this area is where we can all discuss Southern Miss athletics in which actually should be at most in form of healthy debate. No place for politics or religious debates in this area.
If you don't like this thread, then move on to one of the several hundred other threads on this board. Surely you can find one that you like. This is a Southern Miss board, and this is a Southern Miss issue.

Amen to that. And Heaven will also be a tolerant place. Won't care of your skin color or sexual orientation. Only your salvation will count.

It's thoughts like some US religious bigots that make Christianity just as bad as some of the Muslim or other groups. ANY group thta tries to force their beliefs on others are just as bad as what a small majority of Muslims are trying to do. The only difference is that each group thinks they are on the right side. If everyone was truely acting "with love", it wouldn't matter. Free speach - yes. Putting others down in the process and condeming them for their orientation, color, or religious beliefs is antoher matter. It makes for a "holier than though" attitude, and for that they will be judged at the appropriate time.

Originally posted by Traveling Eagle:

It's thoughts like some US religious bigots that make Christianity just as bad as some of the Muslim or other groups. ANY group thta tries to force their beliefs on others are just as bad as what a small majority of Muslims are trying to do. The only difference is that each group thinks they are on the right side.
Christians "forcing" their beliefs (how do they force their beliegfs, btw?) is as bad as jihad or terrorism? Brother, you and I could not disagree any more. I'm on one pole and you are on the other.

Legendary you are absolutely right this is a Southern Miss issue. The problem is this does not belong in the Loyalty Board section. You know were The Hub is, I see you have actually posted there before. That is where this belongs. You and every other Loyalty Board member knows this. Keep politics and religious articles over there and stop taking space on the Loyalty Board. Thanks.

Originally posted by Traveling Eagle:

Amen to that. And Heaven will also be a tolerant place. Won't care of your skin color or sexual orientation. Only your salvation will count.

It's thoughts like some US religious bigots that make Christianity just as bad as some of the Muslim or other groups. ANY group thta tries to force their beliefs on others are just as bad as what a small majority of Muslims are trying to do. The only difference is that each group thinks they are on the right side. If everyone was truely acting "with love", it wouldn't matter. Free speach - yes. Putting others down in the process and condeming them for their orientation, color, or religious beliefs is antoher matter. It makes for a "holier than though" attitude, and for that they will be judged at the appropriate time.
The only one coming off as a bigot is YOU. You anti-Christian fanatics are the ones spewing hate, and trying to oppress the 1st amendment rights of Christians. Dan Cathy voice his OPINION. He didn't force his beliefs on anyone. He didn't make it a law. He didn't say that gays couldn't visit his restaurants. He didn't say that gays couldn't work at his restaurants.

You militant atheist/liberal/homosexuals are the bigots. You preach about fairness, open-mindedness, and acceptance, yet you hate Christians and try to suppress their views. Take a nice, long look in the mirror before you continue with your hate speech.

Legendary you are absolutely right this is a Southern Miss issue. The problem is this does not belong in the Loyalty Board section. You know were The Hub is, I see you have actually posted there before. That is where this belongs. You and every other Loyalty Board member knows this. Keep politics and religious articles over there and stop taking space on the Loyalty Board. Thanks.
lol. Who do you think you are? I'll post my comments wherever I please. If the mods want them elsewhere, they'll move them. You're not a mod, and you don't have the authority to lecture me on what to post. You are free to post as you see fit, but don't try to tell me what to do. Thanks.

lol. Who do you think you are? I'll post my comments wherever I please. If the mods want them elsewhere, they'll move them. You're not a mod, and you don't have the authority to lecture me on what to post. You are free to post as you see fit, but don't try to tell me what to do. Thanks.
Sheesh you're a crotchety bastard. Is heaven to be filled with love like yours?

Originally posted by slakfish:
Sheesh you're a crotchety bastard. Is heaven to be filled with love like yours?
I don't claim to be perfect. I'm a sinner just like everyone else on this planet. We live in a world with the presence of evil. An evil which won't be present in Glory. That answer your smart aleck question?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT