ADVERTISEMENT

The biggest crowd ever...

Your wife, the USM grad who abandoned her alma mater because her husband is an MSU fan/grad, is one of the reasons why our fan base sucks. If your wife was a true USM fan, she would have never abandoned her college to begin with...

I hope to marry a USM fan, but if my husband turns out to be an fan/grad of another college, I will NEVER stop bleeding black & gold. We need true die-hard fans, such as myself, who never give up on USM, even when they've had 3 losing seasons (btw, the last time USM had back to back losing seasons was 1931.) I'm not living in the past, but stating a fact.

I think it's better to be a fan of a college you actually attended & earned a degree from than be a bandwagon fan. I'm sorry your wife had no loyalty to USM. I loved my time at USM - believe it or not, there's a lot of USM alums (more than 10 - the lame USM has 10 fans joke) who feel the way I do. Our school means something to us. It's really disgusting that we have alums that took USM for granted and have become hung up on SEC schools instead.
Don't fall for it Amy, he made it up about his wife being a USM fan. I doubt he even has a wife. He came on here to tell his lies so don't fall for them. He's probably a Walmart SEC fan himself. The vast majority of the are.

It's game week and I still haven't heard that the game is officially sold out. Is that surprising to anyone?

Anyone who says Starkville has more to offer than Hattiesburg is delusional. I grew up in Meridian, so I'm familiar with Starkville. Hattiesburg has way more to offer when it comes to shopping, restaurants, & night life. Starkville doesn't even compare in those areas.

I really don't understand why State fans make fun of our campus, either. USM has a beautiful campus. We do have a smaller stadium, but comparing it to a high school is ridiculous.

Oh well - they can get a good look at what all our campus has to offer when they tailgate on September 5th. I walked through "The Junction" whenever we played State last year, and wasn't really impressed.
Amy that just proves the sheer stupidity of each of them. One thing that group has never been noted for is brains.
As far as the comparisons go, two people i grew up with ended up there. One flunked out of our college of business. He transferred and became a straight a student. He told me later, if you want to learn to go to usm, if you want easy a's state is the place.
Another high school classmate of mine ventured down here for summer school. She was chasing two guys who would end up at UMC. This girl failed 2 chemistry classes here. But she didnt get discouraged. She has been TEACHING at state for over 20 years.

Amy that just proves the sheer stupidity of each of them. One thing that group has never been noted for is brains.
As far as the comparisons go, two people i grew up with ended up there. One flunked out of our college of business. He transferred and became a straight a student. He told me later, if you want to learn to go to usm, if you want easy a's state is the place.
Another high school classmate of mine ventured down here for summer school. She was chasing two guys who would end up at UMC. This girl failed 2 chemistry classes here. But she didnt get discouraged. She has been TEACHING at state for over 20 years.
Dude.... please tell me that is your real picture...

Anyone who says Starkville has more to offer than Hattiesburg is delusional. I grew up in Meridian, so I'm familiar with Starkville. Hattiesburg has way more to offer when it comes to shopping, restaurants, & night life. Starkville doesn't even compare in those areas.

I really don't understand why State fans make fun of our campus, either. USM has a beautiful campus. We do have a smaller stadium, but comparing it to a high school is ridiculous.

Oh well - they can get a good look at what all our campus has to offer when they tailgate on September 5th. I walked through "The Junction" whenever we played State last year, and wasn't really impressed.

Not saying you don't have a beautiful campus. I think for being a small school, USM has made huge strides. But if you take a walk around both campuses, it's night and day. I'll bet none of you southern fans have been to Starkville in the past 20 years either.

Was there 3 weeks ago. Pretty enough as most college campuses are but certainly not as pretty or atmospheric as Southern Miss. Much too spread out to offer an impression of oneness, rather a collection of different buildings which are, for the most part, attractively landscaped. USM is obviously landlocked so that it has to blend the pieces much better. For your fans who haven't seen our campus in twenty years there will be a pleasant surprise, if you will allow yourself to be honest. Sure our stadium is smaller than those on SEC welfare but they have done a good job with surrounding it with attractive buildings so that now it is tucked nicely amongst classy old buildings and well-designed newer ones. A great feel for a college stadium and not the professional football type stadiums that are becoming commonplace. There is much more work to be done from an esthetic standpoint but we are well on our way. Look forward to the day when we can brick the entire structure. (I know that as a State fan you had no interest in hearing good things about us but a little education is not as bad as you may think). Looking forward to a good game with no serious injuries.

Not saying you don't have a beautiful campus. I think for being a small school, USM has made huge strides. But if you take a walk around both campuses, it's night and day. I'll bet none of you southern fans have been to Starkville in the past 20 years either.

Dude, this is the problem with SEC Fans from SEC Schools...outside of your sandbox, it is impossible for you or your ilk to merely imagine that some other guy/gal from some other school, ANY SCHOOL, could have a rewarding, satisfying college experience anywhere else...my Ole Miss friends are the first to admit that THEY are the worst about that, and now after your monumental 2014 season you are acting just like the average Rebel Fan....oh, those Rebels that you revile so much...seems to me that you want to be them in many ways, but you are too stupid to realize that...I have been to Starkville in the past year....lovely campus....only one problem...it ain't mine....I am pretty sure that you would be impressed with our campus post-tornado, that is, assuming you can get a ride down there on Saturday from the Fulfillment Plant that you work at...I would not trade my college experience at So Miss for all of the Tea in China....Saw Favre play some football...saw Clarence Weatherspoon play some Hoops....5 to 1 Female to Male ratio in 1987...lifelong business associates & contacts established in college that I am still connected to this very day after graduating 26 years ago....I hope that you had that experience at whatever school you went to (assuming it was State)...you can beat us another 10 straight years and this Fan Base (as splintered as it is from the effects of 4-32) will never, ever respect you...it's not so much that we don't LIKE you (we don't, really) we really just do not respect you at all...nada

I already told you I'm going to be in Napa smashing grapes and pounding reds. I can only make it to a few games a year and I have no interest at all in going to games at schools likes USM, South Alabama and La Tech. No SEC charm in towns like that.

So take that for arrogance...

You must not have read the last sentence of my post. I said I walked through "The Junction" last year when we played State.

So, yes, I have been to MSU in the last 20 years.

BTW, been to Napa several times. Beautiful area. Be sure to take in the surrounding area as well. Tahoe is drivable and don't forget to stop at Sutter's mill if you like history. Don't miss the chance to go down the coast and visit former mayor Eastwood's home town. Be sure to take a deep breath before climbing back up to the streets through that heavy sand. By far my favorite part of California--you can keep the southern end for the most part. Enjoy your trip. Don't let this loss to the Eagles upset you too much. Life is too short.

Someone's going to release the "sellout" headline a few days before the game, but it's left to speculation as to whether that statement will be true. Good grief, as long as the stadium is over 95% capacity, you seriously can't tell the difference, especially on t.v.. Even in a sellout, people will not show. I'm happy about attendance right now, regardless of a sellout.

Another forum is saying there are 2000 seats left. Don't know where they are getting their info though....

I already told you I'm going to be in Napa smashing grapes and pounding reds. I can only make it to a few games a year and I have no interest at all in going to games at schools likes USM, South Alabama and La Tech. No SEC charm in towns like that.

So take that for arrogance...

You told me? NAPA? Are we friends? You must be mistaken....I've been to NAPA twice....Camo is frowned upon there, so FYI....I'll take in at least 5 So Miss games this year and I live in DFW.....you're some Fan there, Sammich.....I'll bet your Satellite Package in Governent Housing is the best on the block ....you are a Clown, Dude....have fun touring the Franzia Vineyard....Simpleton

Reactions: Goldenfeen87
You told me? NAPA? Are we friends? You must be mistaken....I've been to NAPA twice....Camo is frowned upon there, so FYI....I'll take in at least 5 So Miss games this year and I live in DFW.....you're some Fan there, Sammich.....I'll bet your Satellite Package in Governent Housing is the best on the block ....you are a Clown, Dude....have fun touring the Franzia Vineyard....Simpleton
He isnt on the left coast, he is at the auto parts store.
napa-know-how-o-s.gif

Actually, they say "Wow, that;'s where Heisman-frontrunner Dak Prescott goes to school. And we all remember how brave your university was when you defied the Ole Miss Legislature and its racist governor and went to play a game against black people in the 1960's. Why, you were an island of racial tolerance in a sea of bigotry and hatred."
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...te-loyola-cannot-forgotten-college-basketball

"An Island of Racial Tolerance?!"

Tell that to Demarcus Cousins circa 2010

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/3993/cousins-receives-of-racist-messages

The real question is, Does USM require the visiting team, MSU this week, to bring a minimum of 10k to 15k fans to have any shot at selling out the diminutive MM Roberts Stadium and its "enormous" 36k seating capacity????
I think we all know the answer to that question...............

Guys, can they outdraw and have more fans here than Alcorn?

Doesn't look like they can outdraw Alcorn....Hilarious! If we could get another real team in here Like FSU, Texas A&M, Nebraska, or Oklahoma State...or like MSU does, gets Alabama, Auburn, and LSU to fill up their stadium....

Reactions: J.C.TTT7587
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT