ADVERTISEMENT

The biggest crowd ever...

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
Sept 5 will have the largest crowd ever. There will be people unable to get in. It looks like the corners of the top of the Rock may actually fill up. People need to be allowed to atleast stand in the breezeway. What is insane is the line today for the students trying to pick up their tickets. Wow....

I have concerns. I wonder if the athletic department has tried to sell season tickets too long and has now missed the opportunity to fill up the stadium by selling single game tickets. The question that I ask is is it better to keep trying to make the money and not sell out or is it better to sell out the stadium by opening single-game ticket sales to everyone. I understand what the athletic department is trying to do but I'm afraid it may hurt us in the long run. I would rather see the stadium sell out, but I don't pay the bills.

I have concerns. I wonder if the athletic department has tried to sell season tickets too long and has now missed the opportunity to fill up the stadium by selling single game tickets. The question that I ask is is it better to keep trying to make the money and not sell out or is it better to sell out the stadium by opening single-game ticket sales to everyone. I understand what the athletic department is trying to do but I'm afraid it may hurt us in the long run. I would rather see the stadium sell out, but I don't pay the bills.
It will sell out regardless smh. Idk why anyone thinks it won't lol

Should be a sell out. How many MSU fans will be there? I'm guessing there will be close to 8-9,000, maybe more. What was their allotment for the game, 5,000?

wowowowowowowowow!!!!!!! ELECTRICITY, I AM EXCITED !!!

I have never seen a line like that for student tickets. The only thing I can compare it to was the 2002 JSU game, and I'm not sure what the Nebraska ticket line was either. The student tickets will be gone, and my guess is that there is a very small number of general tickets being held out. I'm going to guess the final attendance at 37,000+. I know the stadium is listed at 36,000(I've seen 36,500 sometimes) and fans can stand on top of the south endzone. If the admin were smart they would sell SRO tickets for the top of the south endzone.

Oh it will sell out unless we have a hurricane you forget our infamous walk up bunch. I just hate we will have 4-5,000 people try to buy a ticket the day of and get frustrated. But we need to be cordial and say sorry please buy earlier next time.

Oh it will sell out unless we have a hurricane you forget our infamous walk up bunch. I just hate we will have 4-5,000 people try to buy a ticket the day of and get frustrated. But we need to be cordial and say sorry please buy earlier next time.
There is absolutly no concern about a sellout. We could sell 60,000 tickets to this one. The only question is will we sell them all before they go on sell to the general public. For those of you who are waiting until they do you probably will be out of luck. Right now there are reportedly less than 2,000 left and they are still going out the door with only being sold to USM lists (season tickets, Eagle club, alumni) and not the general public.There will be a lot of USM fans left out who would love to have had a ticket to this game, not to mention leg humper fans.

Reactions: Eagleyed
There is absolutly no concern about a sellout. We could sell 60,000 tickets to this one. The only question is will we sell them all before they go on sell to the general public. For those of you who are waiting until they do you probably will be out of luck. Right now there are reportedly less than 2,000 left and they are still going out the door with only being sold to USM lists (season tickets, Eagle club, alumni) and not the general public.There will be a lot of USM fans left out who would love to have had a ticket to this game, not to mention leg humper fans.
Single game tickets go on sale Monday. I guess they have sold all the season tickets they can.

Sept 5 will have the largest crowd ever. There will be people unable to get in. It looks like the corners of the top of the Rock may actually fill up. People need to be allowed to atleast stand in the breezeway. What is insane is the line today for the students trying to pick up their tickets. Wow....
You're welcome.
We realize that this is your Super Bowl, the most important game of the new millennium for you. All your players, coaches, and dozens upon dozens of fans will be fired up to bring in a National Powerhouse like The Mississippi State University.

And who knows? You might just catch us looking ahead. The next week, we host LSU in what we hope will begin our National Championship run. I just hope that we don't get upset the same way Archie Manning and ole miss (who was named after a slave owner's wife) were by you in 1970.
http://www.southernmiss.com/100/1970-vs-ole-game.html

Here's to hoping neither team gets hurt in this pre-conference friendly.

1280px-Maine_Black_Bears_Logo.svg.png

Mutt, maybe your USM wife can teach you a Little manners and maturity if it can be taught. I feel sorry for her, but at least she has a challenge in life to work on.
Sorry, but after over 20 years of Dawg-sized lovin', she had this to say:

"I am officially a traitor to my alma matter. I am a Mississippi State Fan . Despite my best efforts, I can not root for Southern Miss unless they are not playing State. The dogs are winning out for my support. Go eagles, but I am ringing the cowbells for today. And, yes, I know no one else really cares. I just have to admit it in public. MSU has my allegiance."

Don't be upset by this. Lots of smaller schools (like Millsaps, Belhaven, Blue Mountain, MUW, USM, Delta State, etc.) have a larger school they root for during the season. Hopefully, after we play we'll have your support when we start our regular season against the LSU Tigahs.

"I am officially a traitor to my alma matter. I am a Mississippi State Fan . Despite my best efforts, I can not root for Southern Miss unless they are not playing State. The dogs are winning out for my support. Go eagles, but I am ringing the cowbells for today. And, yes, I know no one else really cares. I just have to admit it in public. MSU has my allegiance."

Don't be upset by this. Lots of smaller schools (like Millsaps, Belhaven, Blue Mountain, MUW, USM, Delta State, etc.) have a larger school they root for during the season. Hopefully, after we play we'll have your support when we start our regular season against the LSU Tigahs.

I didn't realize that inflatable women could talk.

Just like you didn't know (until sept 5th) that Southern Miss will beat your picked to finish last in their division bullpups
And we were picked to finish last in 2014 as well. Like USM, The Mississippi State University gets underestimated. If we both are caught looking ahead (The Mississippi State University to LSU, USM to Austin Peay), both teams could make a bunch of huge mistakes.

It's gonna be so awesume! ERMEHGERD WE GONNA HAVE AT LEAST 5 FANS THERE MAYBE EVEN ALL 10 OF THEM! OH mayn it's gonna be out of sight! Southern miss fans as far as I can reach my arm!!!

The leg humpers voted and this guy won the contest for their best and brightest for them to send over here to post his lies and fantasies. Keep posting leg humper. The more you do, the sillier you and your cow college look.

This game is shaping up to be huge. I really see it being closer than 23 points. I actually took USM +22. Good too see State fans active on our boards. Makes for a better rivalry game, which make no mistake, this game is. MSU has one good year in the last decade and Dak is the heisman front runner lol. I was definitely impressed with them last year but there tradition is about as good as Sylvester Crooms coaching resume. I'd rather be a consistent winner in CUSA (save for the last couple years) than a SEC bottom feeder. I received academic scholarships to both USM and MSU and Starkville doesn't even compare to Hattiesburg! SMTTT

I'd rather be a consistent winner in CUSA (save for the last couple years) than a SEC bottom feeder.

I'd say that too if my team had only won 4 games in 3 years in the worst conference in college football. I'd come to your pathetic stadium to watch us play your pathetic football program, but I'll be in Napa that week smushing grapes and pounding reds.

I'd rather be a consistent winner in CUSA (save for the last couple years) than a SEC bottom feeder. I received academic scholarships to both USM and MSU and Starkville doesn't even compare

What is the "CUSA"? Oh, wait, that's what we're in ain't it? I'd never heard of it before just now. Hopefully there's more people out there that have heard of this "CUSA" :)!!! Hattiesburg is awesum! We've got a CVS pharmacy and everything! Two, count them, TWO Dollars Gentralls also! :)

What is the "CUSA"? Oh, wait, that's what we're in ain't it? I'd never heard of it before just now. Hopefully there's more people out there that have heard of this "CUSA" :)!!! Hattiesburg is awesum! We've got a CVS pharmacy and everything! Two, count them, TWO Dollars Gentralls also! :)

No you are forgetting they have a mall and about 6 miles of suburban strip malls with traffic congestion out west. That's what I look for in a college town.

I'd say that too if my team had only won 4 games in 3 years in the worst conference in college football. I'd come to your pathetic stadium to watch us play your pathetic football program, but I'll be in Napa that week smushing grapes and pounding reds.

4 wins in 3 years, and we're still more respected and known. Poor MooU. Nobody outside of MS even knows who you are, or that your third-rate farming school even exists. If you say "Mississippi State", people ask if that was where Archie went, or where Brett went. I guess that's why you have such a massive inferiority complex.

The Orlando Sentinal has CUSA rated as the top non-Power 5 conference this year. Mistake is a welfare school whose main recruiting pitch is "look who we play (the conference forces them to come here and play us)."

4 wins in 3 years, and we're still more respected and known. Poor MooU. Nobody outside of MS even knows who you are, or that your third-rate farming school even exists. If you say "Mississippi State", people ask if that was where Archie went, or where Brett went. I guess that's why you have such a massive inferiority complex.
Actually, they say "Wow, that;'s where Heisman-frontrunner Dak Prescott goes to school. And we all remember how brave your university was when you defied the Ole Miss Legislature and its racist governor and went to play a game against black people in the 1960's. Why, you were an island of racial tolerance in a sea of bigotry and hatred."
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...te-loyola-cannot-forgotten-college-basketball

No one thinks Dak is close to a "Heisman-frontrunner." He's turnover prone and chokes in big games. The only people who think he is wear maroon.

Your troll job has fired up some people here though, so I guess you accomplished what you sought to do.

Reactions: Goldenfeen87
Actually, they say "Wow, that;'s where Heisman-frontrunner Dak Prescott goes to school. And we all remember how brave your university was when you defied the Ole Miss Legislature and its racist governor and went to play a game against black people in the 1960's. Why, you were an island of racial tolerance in a sea of bigotry and hatred."
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...te-loyola-cannot-forgotten-college-basketball
Yep, I remember all that racial tolerance from Mistake back when they were forced to play Alcorn in the NIT in1979. The Mistake fans I knew were loudly complaining about how embarrassing it was for an "SEC" school to have to play a black school and how horrible it would be to lose to them. Man what a great day it was to watch that exciting undefeated Alcorn team beat Mistake. The Mistake fans were sick the next day saying how disgraced they were. Loved it.

Yep, I remember all that racial tolerance from Mistake back when they were forced to play Alcorn in the NIT in1979. The Mistake fans I knew were loudly complaining about how embarrassing it was for an "SEC" school to have to play a black school and how horrible it would be to lose to them. Man what a great day it was to watch that exciting undefeated Alcorn team beat Mistake. The Mistake fans were sick the next day saying how disgraced they were. Loved it.
We lost to a better team that day. We at The Mississippi State University didn't like losing, but race had nothing to do with it. We at The Mississippi State University had an all-black starting lineup that day as well, and it was nothing like when Willie Heidelberg puddlestomped Ole Miss' National Championship hopes in 1970.

Your wife, the USM grad who abandoned her alma mater because her husband is an MSU fan/grad, is one of the reasons why our fan base sucks. If your wife was a true USM fan, she would have never abandoned her college to begin with...

I hope to marry a USM fan, but if my husband turns out to be an fan/grad of another college, I will NEVER stop bleeding black & gold. We need true die-hard fans, such as myself, who never give up on USM, even when they've had 3 losing seasons (btw, the last time USM had back to back losing seasons was 1931.) I'm not living in the past, but stating a fact.

I think it's better to be a fan of a college you actually attended & earned a degree from than be a bandwagon fan. I'm sorry your wife had no loyalty to USM. I loved my time at USM - believe it or not, there's a lot of USM alums (more than 10 - the lame USM has 10 fans joke) who feel the way I do. Our school means something to us. It's really disgusting that we have alums that took USM for granted and have become hung up on SEC schools instead.

Last edited:
Before any one makes fun of hattiesburg, i have actually seen the western sizzlin in Starkville closed between semesters.

Anyone who says Starkville has more to offer than Hattiesburg is delusional. I grew up in Meridian, so I'm familiar with Starkville. Hattiesburg has way more to offer when it comes to shopping, restaurants, & night life. Starkville doesn't even compare in those areas.

I really don't understand why State fans make fun of our campus, either. USM has a beautiful campus. We do have a smaller stadium, but comparing it to a high school is ridiculous.

Oh well - they can get a good look at what all our campus has to offer when they tailgate on September 5th. I walked through "The Junction" whenever we played State last year, and wasn't really impressed.

Reactions: SosoDude
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT