ADVERTISEMENT

State fans need class in smack talking...

NueDaeEagle

Key Reserve
Jul 9, 2012
If the really pathetic posts from the State fans on here are any indication, then they really need a class in smack talking. Man their posts are really bad. It's almost like they are writing parody to make themselves look bad. So keep it up if that's the best you've got. I just hope fans from other schools are dropping by to take a look because they are making themselves looking silly.

Reactions: J.C.TTT7587
Well .. what is really more pathetic is a so-called 'Sports Board' that is absolutely paranoid about rival fans and refuses to even post anything .. you know .. sports related. It's just a Jr High 'put down' club.

I've tried to discuss your football team in several posts and 'nobody' can even answer even simple questions .. like, 'who' is going to start at QB .. Mullens or Matthews? Does Justice Hayes get some time at RB? How have the transfers looked? Any problems with some of those guys that left previous teams under a 'cloud' .. like Russell, Swain, or Mustafaa? How many of the JC guys start on Sat?

You know .. 'sports' questions?

Well .. what is really more pathetic is a so-called 'Sports Board' that is absolutely paranoid about rival fans and refuses to even post anything .. you know .. sports related. It's just a Jr High 'put down' club.

I've tried to discuss your football team in several posts and 'nobody' can even answer even simple questions .. like, 'who' is going to start at QB .. Mullens or Matthews? Does Justice Hayes get some time at RB? How have the transfers looked? Any problems with some of those guys that left previous teams under a 'cloud' .. like Russell, Swain, or Mustafaa? How many of the JC guys start on Sat?

Honestly, it's been fun, but this will be my last post here. You guys are just simply boring. The folks over on Eaglepost.net are way more fun to talk with. They will talk sports with you. This board here is your run of the mill, webels, mooU, Old Piss, CowCollege, Skanksville, "were gonna beat your booty Saturday", "wish my brother happy birthday",type place. Very genespagish but worse.

Been fun trolling you guys. I honestly think Southern will hang in there for at least a half. See you Saturday.

Honestly, it's been fun, but this will be my last post here. You guys are just simply boring. The folks over on Eaglepost.net are way more fun to talk with. They will talk sports with you. This board here is your run of the mill, webels, mooU, Old Piss, CowCollege, Skanksville, "were gonna beat your booty Saturday", "wish my brother happy birthday",type place. Very genespagish but worse.

Been fun trolling you guys. I honestly think Southern will hang in there for at least a half. See you Saturday.

QB- nobody knows...most speculate that both will play, but I think that Mullins will start...I am but one guy, though

Hayes- he is in the 4 deep rotation of RBs. He didn't leave Michigan to not play, so yes we will see him

Transfers- Swain, Peterson, Mitchell, Russell, Mustafaa are all listed in the published 2 deep

JCs starting- Marini for sure at TE, 2 OL, 1 DL, 2 DBs best I can tell

Sammich is just a Golden Eagle fan in disguise.
Sammich is a big poster in Sixpackspeak so I doubt he is a golden eagle fan but he is probably jealous bc we are the winningest program in the state and we hold the series record over them.

Last edited:

Somehow I've missed your questions, so I'll chime in on them too. Both QB's will play. Mullens will start though. Hayes is running second team right now. Bolton is first team, Russell, Swain and Mustafaa is second. Out of the JC guys Maraini at TE, Antoine at S, Foster at S, look to start. Several others will see playing time. However, the two deep chart is "fluid" and we will see what is real at game time. We will finally recover and have some real depth and have a full scholarship roster for the first time since Ellis Johnson destroyed our program. We look to be back on another bowl streak again. Thanks for your questions.

Here's a sports question, are you guys going to outdraw Alcorn here?

QB- nobody knows...most speculate that both will play, but I think that Mullins will start...I am but one guy, though

Hayes- he is in the 4 deep rotation of RBs. He didn't leave Michigan to not play, so yes we will see him

Transfers- Swain, Peterson, Mitchell, Russell, Mustafaa are all listed in the published 2 deep

JCs starting- Marini for sure at TE, 2 OL, 1 DL, 2 DBs best I can tell

Thanks .. finally some 'real' sports stuff.

Sounds like Monken is not going to announce a starting QB until game time. Might be a smart move. Mullens got off to a slow start last year but honestly, most was due to the lack of OL protection. Would be interesting to see 'who' is on the OL depth chart .. compared to last year.

State lost 3 starters on the OL but replacements all have some experience. Biggest surprise is Rufus Warren, former TE, who has taken over the LT position.

So, have y'all published a depth chart? Got a link?

And, thanks for the 'sports' discussion!

Sammich is a big poster in Sixpackspeak so I doubt he is a golden eagle fan but he is probably jealous bc we are the winningest program in the state and we hold the series record over them.

There is no 'Sammich' on SixPack that I know of .. what 'user name' does he use there?

Sounds like Monken is not going to announce a starting QB until game time. Might be a smart move. Mullens got off to a slow start last year but honestly, most was due to the lack of OL protection. Would be interesting to see 'who' is on the OL depth chart .. compared to last year.

State lost 3 starters on the OL but replacements all have some experience. Biggest surprise is Rufus Warren, former TE, who has taken over the LT position.

This is where everyone is getting it. Not a good look but its the best we have. Its the Hattiesburg American sports writer twitter account and he posted a pic of it. Just scroll down a bit after you go to the link. Some other good info there too.

https://twitter.com/munzly

Here's a sports question, are you guys going to outdraw Alcorn here?

Gosh, thought we were going to be playing the game at MM Roberts. MSU will have many fans in attendance and they quickly sold out the allotment provided by USM. Too bad the Southern Miss AD decided to hold his own fans hostage to purchasing season tickets. USM Twitter says there are still 2,000 tickets left as of this morning.

As a point of reference, last years game was a sellout .. 62,945 in attendance in a 62,657 seat stadium featuring a new $75M addition to bowl in the south end zone. Can't recall if USM sold their allotted tickets but apparently, all were sold.

But, where are your fans now? Ticket sales are open for all? I thought you guys were big time and traveled well?

We will finally recover and have some real depth and have a full scholarship roster for the first time since Ellis Johnson destroyed our program. We look to be back on another bowl streak again.

As a State fan, I feel really fortunate to 'finally' have a good football coaching staff. Believe me .. we have suffered through our share of bad ones.

I just never have understood 'how' Ellis 'destroyed' your program in one year. I met him a few times when he was the DC at State. To be honest, I thought he did an okay job under Croom considering what he had to work with.

His defenses were good at USCe before he came to USM. He had HC experience .. albeit at the Citadel. But, to go from an outstanding team to inept in 9 months is downright shocking. I haven't read much on the subject but posters continually say he ".. destroyed the program."

What did he do / how did he do that in one year? Why has it taken so long to recover?

There will continue to be 2,000 tickets left until all will be magically sold at the last minute and it will be a sellout game. I honestly don't even know who keeps tally of this thing, but at this point, I don't think they know how to count or disseminate information to the masses.
Gosh, thought we were going to be playing the game at MM Roberts. MSU will have many fans in attendance and they quickly sold out the allotment provided by USM. Too bad the Southern Miss AD decided to hold his own fans hostage to purchasing season tickets. USM Twitter says there are still 2,000 tickets left as of this morning.

As a point of reference, last years game was a sellout .. 62,945 in attendance in a 62,657 seat stadium featuring a new $75M addition to bowl in the south end zone. Can't recall if USM sold their allotted tickets but apparently, all were sold.

As a State fan, I feel really fortunate to 'finally' have a good football coaching staff. Believe me .. we have suffered through our share of bad ones.

I just never have understood 'how' Ellis 'destroyed' your program in one year. I met him a few times when he was the DC at State. To be honest, I thought he did an okay job under Croom considering what he had to work with.

His defenses were good at USCe before he came to USM. He had HC experience .. albeit at the Citadel. But, to go from an outstanding team to inept in 9 months is downright shocking. I haven't read much on the subject but posters continually say he ".. destroyed the program."

What did he do / how did he do that in one year? Why has it taken so long to recover?

There's not enough hours in the day to roll out credible evidence of his hatchet job to our program...he was not alone, but he was the ring-leader...kind of like Charles Manson....

The game will be a sellout. Less than 1000 tickets left. I was at two games in Starkville in the mid 80s and the stadium was half full (no exageration). I was not an Eagle fan then and could not believe how embarrassed the MSU fans were. It left an impression in my mind. So please don't lecture us about fan support. We know your history. We know that MSU has reaped the benefit of the TV age and being in the most marketable conference in the country.

Reactions: NueDaeEagle

I'll just give you a few of things then Ellis Johnson did and I hope it is put to rest.

He stopped recruiting in July and said he would let the SEC get what they wanted and then take what was left. The are high school coaches said they would see every school in the area except USM..

Along that line, college coaches are know to work long hours. He and his staff were gone home at 5:30 every day. Also, he was the most uni -involved coach ever. He would stand by himself during the game and have zero input and no contact with the players at all even to congratulate them on great plays.

He never had a good word to say about the players, only negative. In fact, one of our players, Jamie Collins, who went in the early second round of the draft, he said could not start for South Carolina. The same Collins who in his second year with the Patriots not only started for them but called their defensive signals and had the most tackles in the Super Bowl. They call him a freak of an athlete and say he is a future NFL star.

Only 10 of his 25 signees ever finished his time at USM. He ran off and injured so many players that the next year we played one game with only 54 scholarship players dressed out.

His strength and conditioning program was so bad the players couldn't hardly finish a game and there were so many injuries he should have been sued.

But I don't think he ever intended to stay here. A neighbor said his house looked aboandoned and not lived in the whole time he was here. He worshiped the SEC and when he did interviews to talk about USM he spent 90% of the time talking about the SEC, not USM.

I could go on and on. There is much more. Monken inherited a program that Ellis Johnson had destroyed in both talent and belief the themselves. He has done an amazing job in turning it around.

Reactions: O.G. Eagle
Ellis Johnson will go down as the worst head football in NCAA history...
You are right about that. I used to laugh at the ESPN dweebs announcing the Auburn games with him as the Defensive coordinator. They would start off singing his praises up and down. Then when the other team would start moving the ball up and down the field and running up 600 yard of O, you would never hear his name again. See the National Championship game against FSU for proof. Once FSU realized Johnson was stealing their O signals knew the plays, and they covered up, they rolled over Auburn's D. Johnson was never mentioned again on TV.

But, where are your fans now? Ticket sales are open for all? I thought you guys were big time and traveled well?

Right. Your AD holds up 'his own' fan base to increase season ticket sales .. waits til the last minute to release single game tickets .. for a 9 PM kick .. and now it's State's fault the game is not a hard sell out. Get real.

Right. Your AD holds up 'his own' fan base to increase season ticket sales .. waits til the last minute to release single game tickets .. for a 9 PM kick .. and now it's State's fault the game is not a hard sell out. Get real.
Disagree there. It was done mainly to keep the sales in the hands of Golden Eagles and not State fans. The sales were released to different groups as time went by such as Eagle club, alumni, and parents of students. And yes, of course, a goal was to get season ticket sales up too. The main thing which has hurt the sales is not the late release, but the 9 p m start. Those not in the Hatiesburg area have a hard time making it to the game. If your are in Jackson or Mobile for instance, you will likely get home at 3 to 3:30 in the morning. And there are no hotel rooms left. That simply does not work for most people. Many could make it to an afternoon game or a 6 or 7 p m game. We are held hostage by TV. That is what is causing the problem.

Double standard at work here. From the state site you could not order individual game tickets until 7/27 and then bulldog club members got priority. So is Kennny Banya holding up state fans also? The only difference i see is a couple of weeks.

Reactions: NueDaeEagle

No, just wondering where all the fans of this great national power were.

Double standard at work here. From the state site you could not order individual game tickets until 7/27 and then bulldog club members got priority. So is Kennny Banya holding up state fans also? The only difference i see is a couple of weeks.

Difference being .. MSU sold EVERY single ticket that y'all allotted BUT USM can't see what's left.

I'll just give you a few of things then Ellis Johnson did and I hope it is put to rest.

He stopped recruiting in July and said he would let the SEC get what they wanted and then take what was left. The are high school coaches said they would see every school in the area except USM..

Along that line, college coaches are know to work long hours. He and his staff were gone home at 5:30 every day. Also, he was the most uni -involved coach ever. He would stand by himself during the game and have zero input and no contact with the players at all even to congratulate them on great plays.

He never had a good word to say about the players, only negative. In fact, one of our players, Jamie Collins, who went in the early second round of the draft, he said could not start for South Carolina. The same Collins who in his second year with the Patriots not only started for them but called their defensive signals and had the most tackles in the Super Bowl. They call him a freak of an athlete and say he is a future NFL star.

Only 10 of his 25 signees ever finished his time at USM. He ran off and injured so many players that the next year we played one game with only 54 scholarship players dressed out.

His strength and conditioning program was so bad the players couldn't hardly finish a game and there were so many injuries he should have been sued.

But I don't think he ever intended to stay here. A neighbor said his house looked aboandoned and not lived in the whole time he was here. He worshiped the SEC and when he did interviews to talk about USM he spent 90% of the time talking about the SEC, not USM.

I could go on and on. There is much more. Monken inherited a program that Ellis Johnson had destroyed in both talent and belief the themselves. He has done an amazing job in turning it around.

Wait a sec. Ellis would then be responsible/get the blame for the 2013 signing class. Right?According to the 'How the 2015 Golden Eagles were Built' photo, there are still 21 - 2013 Freshmen Signees on left your team .. plus 3 walk-ons.

Dylan Bradley, Rod Crayton, Nick Mullens, Draper Riley, Devin Farrior, Jerry Harris, Tyler Sarrizin, Elijah Parker, Evan Osborne .. + plus others. You say he 'destroyed' the program .. yet MOST of the one signing class he is responsible for is filling huge spots.

Please show me what I'm missing.

Wait a sec. Ellis would then be responsible/get the blame for the 2013 signing class. Right?According to the 'How the 2015 Golden Eagles were Built' photo, there are still 21 - 2013 Freshmen Signees on left your team .. plus 3 walk-ons.

Dylan Bradley, Rod Crayton, Nick Mullens, Draper Riley, Devin Farrior, Jerry Harris, Tyler Sarrizin, Elijah Parker, Evan Osborne .. + plus others. You say he 'destroyed' the program .. yet MOST of the one signing class he is responsible for is filling huge spots.

Please read this again

"Only 10 of his 25 signees ever finished his time at USM. He ran off and injured so many players that the next year we played one game with only 54 scholarship players dressed out.

His strength and conditioning program was so bad the players couldn't hardly finish a game and there were so many injuries he should have been sued."

Any program that is besieged with a woeful S&C Program, dreadful leadership and inferior talent like So Miss was would be forced to rebuild over more than just one season. That's how bad it was. I realize that part of your continuing questions regarding the world's largest Nincompoop is for trolling purposes, so that does not bother me...Seriously, I want to make sure that you are indeed trolling. Otherwise, if you are not trolling and you are seriously trying to justify, rationalize, defend make sense of his time in Hattiesburg just because he was a great DC in the SE Conference for many years? May I suggest some therapy.....

Johnson didn't sign any of those players. Those are Monken's signees he got the month before signing day. Mullens' head coach in HS is now our OC. We didn't have any commits when Johnson was canned.

Be happy to. The only ones left from Johnson's class of signess are Kalen Reed, Jalen Richard, Wil Freeman, Oliver Bates, Brandon Farmer, D. J. Thomas, C. J. Perry, Jerry McCorvey, and Jerrell Aaron. The other you listed are Monken's players. Those 9 are very important Golden Eagles and I wouldn't trade them for your whole team. However, that's it for Johnson's signee class. We found out you can't play football with just a handful of players.

This doesn't even begin to describe that trainwreck. Don't try to inventory the trees. Simply look at the forest.

Ellis Johnson took a program coming off its best season in history, and one win away from the Sugar Bowl. With his superior leadership, knowledge, and hard work, he led the program, in only a matter of 10 months, to its worst season in history and the worst football team in the nation.

Is this hard to understand, Mississippi State fan, are do we need to break it down to a discussion of "proper pad level"?

If the really pathetic posts from the State fans on here are any indication, then they really need a class in smack talking. Man their posts are really bad. It's almost like they are writing parody to make themselves look bad. So keep it up if that's the best you've got. I just hope fans from other schools are dropping by to take a look because they are making themselves looking silly.

There's no hope...it's like asking Rosie O'Donnell to go put on something Sexy....won't work

Johnson didn't sign any of those players. Those are Monken's signees he got the month before signing day. Mullens' head coach in HS is now our OC. We didn't have any commits when Johnson was canned.

Okay. So, Johnson didn't recruit Bradley, Crayton, or any of the other 21 Freshmen signees? I find that hard to believe but will take your word.

I understand that Ellis was a horrible HC .. got it .. just find it incredible for a team to have one of the best seasons in their history .. followed by a ~23 game w/l difference .. and end up so bad.

There's no hope...it's like asking Rosie O'Donnell to go put on something Sexy....won't work
rosie-odonnell-exit-to-eden.jpg

Please read this again

"Only 10 of his 25 signees ever finished his time at USM. He ran off and injured so many players that the next year we played one game with only 54 scholarship players dressed out.

His strength and conditioning program was so bad the players couldn't hardly finish a game and there were so many injuries he should have been sued."

Any program that is besieged with a woeful S&C Program, dreadful leadership and inferior talent like So Miss was would be forced to rebuild over more than just one season. That's how bad it was. I realize that part of your continuing questions regarding the world's largest Nincompoop is for trolling purposes, so that does not bother me...Seriously, I want to make sure that you are indeed trolling. Otherwise, if you are not trolling and you are seriously trying to justify, rationalize, defend make sense of his time in Hattiesburg just because he was a great DC in the SE Conference for many years? May I suggest some therapy.....

Okay .. copy. So it breaks down to Ellis Johnson, solely, took y'all from one of the 'best' CFB teams to the absolute worse .. in 11 months. He took you from on of the 'most' talented to one of the 'least' .. in 11 months. Guess you had to witness it in person but I still don't see .

After reviewing your depth chart, looks like Monken is going to rely on many of the TR and a couple of the JC signees. Looking forward to seeing 'how' it works out on Sat. Hope it's a clean game with zero injuries. Also hope the bulldogs are focused. Cheers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT