ADVERTISEMENT

It's hard to overstate how big this win is to this team and our program.

scotteagle

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2002
A lot of folks on message boards mock this win, as if they prefer we lose, but to these players, their families, the coaches and everyone who donates to and loves this university this win means a great deal. We were in free-fall, everyone from the modest fan to the head coach himself was mystified at what was happening. It was just a matter of time, I thought, until many of the recruits began to switch off of us. We were about to lose 15 extra practices and a bowl game. We were just about to say good bye to one of the better QB's in our history with little to show for his efforts. The list goes on....
And after we had an extra-point blocked, the worst snap on the punt team I have ever seen, and two trips into the red zone by Tech we didn't fold. The defense held. It was HUGE.
Finally, I think LaTech is the second best team on our schedule. They had revenge on their minds, and they had 2 weeks to prepare, and we beat them soundly. We beat 2 of the 3 best teams we played. Now let's beat "whomever" we play in the 'whatever' bowl game we go to but make no mistake, this win was big.
This was a huge win.

I noticed the Eagles didn't quit. I'm very proud of them. One player said a few weeks ago that the team just wasn't taking some of the games seriously. Whatever the reason, this win is big and I'm especially glad it was over LA Tech.

SMTTT

Reactions: scotteagle
Agreed. The dike was about to break and something stuck their thumb in it. Had we not been bowl eligible it would have been used against us in recruiting. Bouncing back like this and being one of long time rivals makes it that much sweeter. This makes us 15 and 9 over the last two regular seasons which is amazing considering we were 4 and 32 the previous three seasons. Eagles! win the bowl game and recruit a good class. Keep rolling!

Have not seen any post mocking this win and not sure why someone would. We just beat the nearest thing we have to a rival. Team could have mailed it in but instead played thier first complete game of the year

Big win. More practices is the biggest thing. good for moral and coaches as well. Losing both QB's for a couple of weeks didn't help in that 3 game skid.

A lot of folks on message boards mock this win, as if they prefer we lose, but to these players, their families, the coaches and everyone who donates to and loves this university this win means a great deal. We were in free-fall, everyone from the modest fan to the head coach himself was mystified at what was happening. It was just a matter of time, I thought, until many of the recruits began to switch off of us. We were about to lose 15 extra practices and a bowl game. We were just about to say good bye to one of the better QB's in our history with little to show for his efforts. The list goes on....
And after we had an extra-point blocked, the worst snap on the punt team I have ever seen, and two trips into the red zone by Tech we didn't fold. The defense held. It was HUGE.
Finally, I think LaTech is the second best team on our schedule. They had revenge on their minds, and they had 2 weeks to prepare, and we beat them soundly. We beat 2 of the 3 best teams we played. Now let's beat "whomever" we play in the 'whatever' bowl game we go to but make no mistake, this win was big.
This was a huge win.

it was la tech dude. la tech. you act like we just beat bama. this is a huge win like LSU beating us was a huge win for them. calm down man.

it was la tech dude. la tech. you act like we just beat bama. this is a huge win like LSU beating us was a huge win for them. calm down man.[/QUO
Context is everything, if you don't get that, too bad. I bet you wouldn't walk into our locker room and tell Will Freeman or any other player on that team it was "only LaTech" and to calm down they didn't just beat LSU.

It was a big win because of the losing slide, the moral boost for the team and the fans, and that it was against a good team. And it got us into a bowl game is really nice too. Hope it's the N O Bowl. Can't wait to go back there for food, fun, the game, and maybe even a drink or two. SMTTT

It's a big win because they are a top C-USA team and we're not, at least right now. It's a big win because they are the closest thing we have to a rivalry in this shit show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT