ADVERTISEMENT

I am more patient about our basketball program than most, always looking

scotteagle

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2002
for the silver lining etc. But I really cannot understand how we don't try to defend the three pointer, and we haven't in a long time. Yes, DT screwed us, and yes it'll take a while to get back to .500, and yes our talent is d-2, d-3, and NAIA level...but how talented do you have to be to at least contest 20 and 25 footers....at least some token defense. I hate it for Doc, but if we win 10 games this year I'll be shocked.
I do think Rowe and Davis and Cortez show some promise as young guys. My guess is that unless Doc takes an NBA end-of-the-bench coach job of his own volition we are stuck with him 2 more years.
If he does go, 'Spoon takes the job for chump change on an interim basis to dig us out of our financial hole.

I might be a prisoner of the moment, but I can hardly believe how bad we are. At least the James Green teams that couldn't shoot a lick would play defense. I know having Price back will help the offense some, but I might just get him a medical red-shirt and try again next year, this year looks lost....unless....CUSA is really, really, really bad....worse than ever. Geez.

uh basketball is toast. There isn't any "maybe if he comes back" or "what if this or that." It's over.

Me too, a lot of good teams played in Reed Green every year....Louisville with Denny Crum, Ga Tech, FSU, South Carolina, Memphis, Tulane was good and UAB was good back then....Va Tech was among the best as you have posted....man, who knew 30 years later we would not even be a good NAIA program, losing to Willie Carey last year and barely beating Tougaloo this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT