ADVERTISEMENT

I am like everyone else who holds their breath when Keon runs, or when

scotteagle

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2002
he throws deep. But I read a good many personal attacks aimed at him. I find these unfortunate. The 'daddy ball' attack against him and Hopson also makes no sense at all. He plays him because he did more in practice, and held more promise than Griggs throughout the preseason. Griggs has proven to be the better player thus far, and would be playing now if he could. Griggs is clearly the man but Keon is what we have until Griggs can go. I wish the fans would get off his case. I am sure he has friends and family who read fan pages and some of the criticism crosses many boundaries.
As far as the third QB, the kid from Florida, when he is ready he'll go. But he is not ready according to people who actually know...finally, LaTech is coming hard at us this week. Friends over there say they circled this game after last years beat down. I don't see us wining the west with UTSA choking against UNT Saturday but beating Tech this weekend will go along way moving us from mediocre to pretty good. If we can put it all together this weekend we could run the table.
Go Eagles! Beat Tech

Reactions: JonesCountyEagle
Well said Scott!! Keon Howard doesn't deserve the high amount of criticism he gets on here and other boards! I look for Griggs to be back for LA Tech and I will support Griggs and if it's Keon at QB I will support him too! Hey I'm disappointed in Keon's fumbling but I also see some really good throws, his 4TD passes, and good runs and leader on the team!

Well said Scott!! Keon Howard doesn't deserve the high amount of criticism he gets on here and other boards! I look for Griggs to be back for LA Tech and I will support Griggs and if it's Keon at QB I will support him too! Hey I'm disappointed in Keon's fumbling but I also see some really good throws, his 4TD passes, and good runs and leader on the team!

3 turnovers were attributed directly to him. He cost us at least 3 games last season due to fumbles. This is 100% unacceptable. You might can beat a winless team with many turnovers but you will NOT beat a decent team with that amount of turnovers. See Kentucky game earlier this year of which turnovers contributed to that loss. He's a liability.

Keon is 2-0 in last two starts too. He was never supposed to be on the field last season but due to injuries to Mullens and Parker Adamson he was forced into the fire last season. Kid is a leader on and off regardless! Y'all are quick to jump the gun when he makes a mistake but never talk about dropped passes, long run he made that had phantom call by refs, and his TD pass. I totally get it, he's been prone to fumbles in his young career.

he throws deep. But I read a good many personal attacks aimed at him. I find these unfortunate. The 'daddy ball' attack against him and Hopson also makes no sense at all. He plays him because he did more in practice, and held more promise than Griggs throughout the preseason. Griggs has proven to be the better player thus far, and would be playing now if he could. Griggs is clearly the man but Keon is what we have until Griggs can go. I wish the fans would get off his case. I am sure he has friends and family who read fan pages and some of the criticism crosses many boundaries.
As far as the third QB, the kid from Florida, when he is ready he'll go. But he is not ready according to people who actually know...finally, LaTech is coming hard at us this week. Friends over there say they circled this game after last years beat down. I don't see us wining the west with UTSA choking against UNT Saturday but beating Tech this weekend will go along way moving us from mediocre to pretty good. If we can put it all together this weekend we could run the table.
Go Eagles! Beat Tech
I'm not familiar with the term daddy-ball. But looking down this board, I don't see any personal attacks on K. Howard.

Reactions: scotteagle
This board is not the site that uses 'daddy ball' or personal attacks etc. That's why I prefer this board.

3 turnovers were attributed directly to him. He cost us at least 3 games last season due to fumbles. This is 100% unacceptable. You might can beat a winless team with many turnovers but you will NOT beat a decent team with that amount of turnovers. See Kentucky game earlier this year of which turnovers contributed to that loss. He's a liability.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Kwadra the one that fumbled and had it returned for a TD in the Kentucky game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT