ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread Tx St.

Wow imagine that number 8 isn't on the field. Truly should be benched for the year. Call it dumb luck

Will this game ever end?! The longer it goes on the more we seem to be willing to give it away.

Monken does not have room to trash the fans after that performance. Ugly. Gotta be able to close.

I don't think the hit by Truly was as bad as everybody made it out to be. At what point is a receiver no longer defenseless? He had caught the ball, taken several steps, lowered his hips to make a move to avoid Truly, and then Truly hit him. Also, it appeared Truly tried to get low, but naturally the lower you get the more forward your head goes. I think it was just a perfect sequence of events and a hard hit that led to the call.

I don't think the hit by Truly was as bad as everybody made it out to be. At what point is a receiver no longer defenseless? He had caught the ball, taken several steps, lowered his hips to make a move to avoid Truly, and then Truly hit him. Also, it appeared Truly tried to get low, but naturally the lower you get the more forward your head goes. I think it was just a perfect sequence of events and a hard hit that led to the call.

I felt the same way. The only replay I've seen of it was during the game, but it seemed to me like the receiver caught the ball, took several steps, and himself leaned forward naturally as a runner does to gain momentum. Truly came in to make the tackle and naturally lowered his head and shoulders the way any defender would to make a tackle. To make a good tackle you don't remain standing in a vertical position. Their helmets inadvertently came close together during the impact. I don't believe it was an intentional move on Truly's part. Perhaps whether or not it was intentional doesn't matter. But it seems any defensive player could be called for accidental targeting if a runner lowers his head and their helmets collide.

Great offensive performance, but my goodness that defense is bad. I could hardly believe how bad they were.

Team is better than last year. This much is certain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT