ADVERTISEMENT

Does Donnie Tyndall get a Get Out of Jail Free card from FBI...

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
Since the FBI is finding the NCAA at minimun culpable, could he say to the NCAA go jump in a lake?

Apples & oranges. The FBI had nothing to do with the investigation of Tyndall, recruits, and academic fraud, and, worst of all, lying to the NCAA in his termination letter. NCAA was not culpable in Tyndall's case.

Yes. He could tell NCAA to go jump in a lake.

No. He cannot coach for 10 years without suffering penalties / sanctions AND without any NCAA school which may hire him to also suffer severe penalties / sanctions.

The NCAA may not be around to matter. Tyndall is a snake in the grass no doubt, but had he been coaching at UNC or Bama, he would have skated. The big picture is the NCAA needs to be put on probation or given the death penalty for their " lack of institutional control". If I were Tyndall, I would sue the NCAA for fraud, breech of contract or whatever for hand picking winners and losers. Both are in the wrong so both should be held accountable.

The big picture is the NCAA needs to be put on probation or given the death penalty for their " lack of institutional control". If I were Tyndall, I would sue the NCAA for fraud, breech of contract or whatever for hand picking winners and losers. Both are in the wrong so both should be held accountable.
1. The NCAA is not even a thing. It's a collection of members. The NCAA will not put itself on probation. The NCAA will not give itself the death penalty.

2. Anyone can sue anyone. This is Tyndall's career. If he has a case, he will plead it. Let's see if that happens.

Your right the NCAA governing body, association, club, et al will not police itself because it would not be in its best interest when it or they have too much to gain. That is why the FBI, the IRS, the SEC( not the conference) should investigate, sanction, threaten, etc to break up this cartel, monopoly, etc known as the NCAA. Start off by cutting their funding, etc.

Your right the NCAA governing body, association, club, et al will not police itself because it would not be in its best interest when it or they have too much to gain. That is why the FBI, the IRS, the SEC( not the conference) should investigate, sanction, threaten, etc to break up this cartel, monopoly, etc known as the NCAA. Start off by cutting their funding, etc.
Not a cartel. Not a monopoly. It is a non-profit organization made up of its members...the schools. The people who run the NCAA are representatives of the schools.
If the NCAA did decide to dissolve the non-profit organization, the first thing that would happen is that the biggest 4 or 5 athletic conferences would kick the rest of us to the curb. There would be no more sharing March Madness money...for the little guys, anyway. The rich would get richer, and the rest would be forgotten, much like the lower divisions of the NCAA today.

The NCAA has been no friend to USM and other schools of the like. If they did dissolve perhaps the aforementioned would occur. The fact of the matter is the NCAA has picked and chosen when to enforce rules/regulations inconsistently. What is tbe answer to this? I don't know, but a ham a sweatsuit cannot be judged as severely as say rampid cheating, fraud, etc. The wealthier schools with more money will get away with more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT