• Yes

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

sprint-draw gandy!

All American
May 30, 2004
Throw the timing out of it. Just generally, do you want him fired or do you think he is the answer for this football program?

He doesn't have the FBS skillset. He is a good FCS level coach, decent FBS coordinator, but not good HC material. If USM is lucky, he will be eventually hired away as a coordinator somewhere. Even HWSNBN was hired away by Auburn.

Personally I like the guy and his coaching ability but we struggle so much financially. We cant afford good asst coaches. We dont even have what we need in a travel budget. We evearn offered some JUCO players based on film and without a visit due to financial constraints. Could another coach do better? The right one could. Just gotta find that one. I see this year of our 15 commits that 11 are juco. That may be a quick fix but it will come back to bite us in 2-3 years

Throw the timing out of it. Just generally, do you want him fired or do you think he is the answer for this football program?

We should hire the offensive coordinator from OSU!! That seems to work! No, don't fire him unless you have a replacement lined up and ready to go. If he turns out to be a Fedora or a Monk, at least we will be good for 4 years or so. I would rather have them recruited away by other schools/NFL because they are so good, than being stuck with 7-5 coaches who are not gonna leave voluntarily EVER, because they can't do better. Right now, 7 wins is about the best you can hope for. Start looking and get a commitment from an ambitious coach who wants to move up to head coach with a winning program who has ambitions for bigger things down the road. I would rather have a 12-2 record once every 3 years than the current status quo, and have to replace a successful "former" coach who has been recruited away.

Money is the issue. We can't afford to fire him. We can't afford to hire better or hire better assistants. We are bleeding donors and potential fans in the student base who would be donors by sucking now. Seems like a major catch 22 we are in. Feels like we blew our chances in early 2000's when we had teams and ability to get into BCS games then choked at the end. And no vision to move to better things till all of the teams we used to beat the crap out of regularly moved on and passed us by.

I believe he has one more year on his contract. Lets chalk up another mediocre season but look for a head coach because we don't want to be scrambling at the end of next season for a new coach.

Money is the issue. We can't afford to fire him. We can't afford to hire better or hire better assistants. We are bleeding donors and potential fans in the student base who would be donors by sucking now. Seems like a major catch 22 we are in. Feels like we blew our chances in early 2000's when we had teams and ability to get into BCS games then choked at the end. And no vision to move to better things till all of the teams we used to beat the crap out of regularly moved on and passed us by.

Amen. Tulane has passed us by. A new low.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT