ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back DT when he is cleared by NCAA to USM

Jan 16, 2016
When Donnie Tyndall is cleared of all allegations by the NCAA Southern Miss needs to hire him to get the men's program rocking again!! Who is with me??

Reactions: KS CUBs
There is a good chance he could be cleared!! He had a great impact the two years he was here at Southern Miss!! Competed the first year for the CUSA title and won it the second season. We were beat by WCU this year

He won't be cleared. No thanks to the cheater. We were beaten by William Carey because of Tyndall's doings...

Reactions: SosoDude
He won because he cheated. This guy has put us into two years of (forced) postseason probation with the NCAA's decision still pending on what they'll do to us. Hiring Tyndall back would pretty much tell the NCAA that we really don't care anything about the seriousness of the cheating he did and they'll be on us forever.

Just say no.

I disagree totally!!! If he gets a fair hearing from the NCAA!!! Another excuse by the current men's coach as to why you get beat by William Carey!!!

Reactions: KS CUBs
I disagree totally!!! If he gets a fair hearing from the NCAA!!! Another excuse by the current men's coach as to why you get beat by William Carey!!!

If he gets cleared by ncaa, and I know some think he will . Give him a 10 yr contract. If he doesn't, then can't do it.

I read the NCAA allegations. I don't see how he could possibly be cleared....but, if he was... Come on. He is a great coach and could have won without cheating if he had been more patient. Best "last two minutes of the game" coach I have ever seen here. MO

When Donnie Tyndall is cleared of all allegations by the NCAA Southern Miss needs to hire him to get the men's program rocking again!! Who is with me??

First, he won't be cleared, second he cheated in every place that he has been. No!!!!!

BevisButtheadThreadSucks.jpg

Tyndall cheated. What he did to this university and to the student athletes is disgusting. There is no way he will be cleared. The harm he did to our program will last for many years. .He lied and has to pay for it. Sad thing is we are paying for it too.

Honestly, We didn't have much of a "program" to do harm to. It wasn't like we were making the sweet 16 every year and then all the sudden it stopped. Our program was in the basement...and still is. He had a couple of bright seasons, but that's about it.

DT was only here 2 seasons and competed for the championship!!! I think folks need to take a look at the facts!! I understand the hearing was today. We shall see in 60 days. It's ashame southern miss fans are buying the bill from the current coach.

Tyndall kept things going after Larry E left. I mean he's a good coach and probably better than Doc but Doc has had a rough time convincing recruits. He deserves another two years after this season. I think Doc can keep us in the top half off the conference but we need a new arena. It's embarrassing playing in The Yurt.

Mrs. Tyndall is that you?
No this is not Mr or Mrs Tyndall. I am a Hattiesburg resident that has followed southern miss basketball for over 30 years. Everyone speculates on what will happen but remember DT has a gag order I bet or DT would address these accusations. He has never surge coated anything in his career. Only time will tell!!! As far as anything on Southern miss. All that has been done to them have been self imposed!!! Plus their compliance officer left after DT went to TN. Not sure DT was the bad guy here. Time will tell

No this is not Mr or Mrs Tyndall. I am a Hattiesburg resident that has followed southern miss basketball for over 30 years. Everyone speculates on what will happen but remember DT has a gag order I bet or DT would address these accusations. He has never surge coated anything in his career. Only time will tell!!! As far as anything on Southern miss. All that has been done to them have been self imposed!!! Plus their compliance officer left after DT went to TN. Not sure DT was the bad guy here. Time will tell
Listen Mrs. Tyndall, yes he did sugar coat a lot here. He lied more than Bill and Hillary. He was the one that did the academic cheating and gave out the money, not Southern Miss(although we will have to take responsibility for it because he was our coach). So you can sugar coat it all you want for your husband, but it is his responsibility to tell the truth and not cheat.

Drink that Kool aid. Whatever makes you sleep better. He's a good basketball coach. He's a lousy cheater. He'll never be hired back.

Reactions: Eagleyed
Well then stick to the typical Southern miss mentality of just having descent seasons of basketball. I lived in Hattiesburg all my life and with the exception of the NiT championship team I haven't seen that type of excitement except when DT was here. Until the final decision I still place him up there with Coach Turk!! Remember it's only allegations until proven.

Well then stick to the typical Southern miss mentality of just having descent seasons of basketball. I lived in Hattiesburg all my life and with the exception of the NiT championship team I haven't seen that type of excitement except when DT was here. Until the final decision I still place him up there with Coach Turk!! Remember it's only allegations until proven.

It's pretty proven.

So, how's that going for ya? Was there ever any real doubt? 10 year show-cause penalty aka the ban hammer.

Yep, it's proven. Tyndall could coach, but he also cheated. He is responsible for the downfall of our basketball program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT