ADVERTISEMENT

Pulling For Ware

Just tweeted. 87 ballots have been verified. 33 accepted, 50 rejected, 4 held for review. That leaves 28 remaining.

This post was edited on 6/5 3:06 PM by jshenderson4

This post was edited on 6/5 3:36 PM by jshenderson4

This post was edited on 6/5 3:46 PM by jshenderson4

This post was edited on 6/5 3:51 PM by jshenderson4

Race won't be decided tonight. Envelopes won't be counted until morning. Only 38 out of 103 have been accepted.

Ware just got screwed! First "validating" absentee ballots now leaving the doors to city hall open!

I still think there were/are some shady things going on. Dupree looked defeated until the most unorganized precinct in the city comes through for him and then all of these absentee ballots. I really think they need to check for people voting twice and for some deceased people voting.

Hopefully, there will be a strict recount done with an accurate result. Every ballot needs to be scrutinized by a bipartisan commission.

Originally posted by roscoe60:
This election has recount written all over it.
Ummmm Yeah! The fact that people are having to go to City Hall to make sure their affidavit ballot was counted and twice now this has happened and the ballot was originally rejected because the poll worker forgot to sign it...and both were people who I believe voted for Dave Ware....

Does anyone know who the man is at the counter(video) that has some type of confrontation with one of mayor depree handlers?

Originally posted by O.G. Eagle:
Unofficial...Dupree by 37 votes.....
That is the same difference as before they counted the affidavit ballots. This whole thing stinks of corruption. I hope the Atty. Gen. and Sec. of State get involved.

295589_10200701951663453_2099955822_n.jpg

This post was edited on 6/6 2:14 PM by Finn_Finn

Combine that with City Hall being unlocked for the night - and the vault open? Probably never get to the bottom of that.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I really just think Dupree cheated. Had inside pull waiting to do what it took to win. I'm coming from a USM perspective on this board, and USM is WAY better off with Dave Ware mayoring Hattiesburg.

They need to bring the FBI in on this. Ohh and I have secured the rights to the book and the movie because you can't make this stuff up.

WDAM reporting Dupree the winner by 37 votes. I anticipate a recount. DW is keeping it classy. Compared to the margin of victory the past 12 years, this is huge.

City of Hattiesburg is ready for a change.

To me this is HUGE, and further demonstrates how corrupt Johnny Dupree and Fairley are. These rotten SOB's should be run out of Hattiesburg. They have both damaged this town, University and many of it's citizens.

Complete and utter POS!! They have halted the growth of Hattiesburg because of their politics

There will be more stuff coming out soon concerning Dupree's wife going down to the jail and securing more than 100 afidavit votes for her man from prisoners. This is gonna be ugly on a nation wide scale. Embarrassing for Hattiesburg and Mississippi.

Wow!

If they were convicted Felons that would be a huge No-go; might could have the whole thing thrown out if so.

hate to say it but dupree will be the next mayor of the burg just my opinion

That's the same kid who got busted trying to steal my buddy's bike on campus and as a result has been banned from campus. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

DW's campaign went out into the community to talk about issues and moving forward. Many voters who traditionally would have supported a Democratic candidate switched to vote for an Independent candidate this year in several wards this year. The exception? Ward 5, specifically the Rowan voting place, which has had irregularities reported for several elections....same person voting several times for others, voters bussed in, and now affidavit votes from jail.

Everyone in this city knows that irregularities occurred. Dupree camp says "we won and now move on". The rest of us say that we want a fair election process and will not roll over again like 4years ago.

No matter the outcome, Dupree is a lame duck mayor if he serves this term. No more. Hattiesburg will not tolerate these tactics/cheating to go on again.

Enough is enough. Those Dave Ware signs need to stay up for 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT