ADVERTISEMENT

Pulling For Ware

14-14 reporting in. Ware leads DuPree 4478-4330

583 absentee ballots to be counted.

Wow, anybody have any idea on the absentees?
Am assuming both sides worked hard on this so theoretically I would expect that vote to be similar to the vote today.

I would guess ware would have the edge on absentee but what do i know

Dupree would have to get almost 75% of the absentee to change the outcome, that would be an anomaly.

Hopefully, many Dave Ware supporters are on vacation and voted absentee....

This post was edited on 6/4 10:40 PM by c7well

In the old days that would have been a safe assumption.
Very limited reasons for voting absentee.
Am not sure that is the case anymore.
Just don't have the knowledge any more since I have been gone so long.

583 absentees, 115 affidavits an 50 paper votes to count, and recount ....

WDAM.com reports 100% of precincts reporting, Ware 50%,, Dupree/Fairley 48%, but WDAM news says they are counting absentee ballots now.

Doesn't a candidate need go get 50% plus 1 vote to avoid a run off? If that's the case, we're looking at 9,698 total votes with 748 uncounted. The winner would need 4850 votes to win without any run off. That means Ware would need 372 of the 750 uncounted votes or nearly 50%. Dupree would need 520. I doubt Dupree will get there, but Ware getting 50% isn't a gimme.

Originally posted by Istrahan2:
Doesn't a candidate need go get 50% plus 1 vote to avoid a run off?
Not when you take into account that there were multiple independents in the race, this is a high man takes it.

Girl from wdam tweeted that Dupree is claiming to have won whatever that means

That doesn't add up...for the final count to be what it is means there were 659 absentee ballots or that number includes the affidavits. Btw that was a 420-239 swing in Dupree's favor...that seems a bit fishy...

You can bet no matter who wins, there will be alot of attention on these absentee ballots. Even last night there were picture tweets of the city elections officals "reviewing questionable absentee ballots".

According to my math, if it is right here is the breakdown;

Ware had a 780 vote lead with 1 precinct (Rowan), Absentees, and Affidavits left
Rowan voted Ware 93 and Dupree 725
Absentees voted Ware 239 Dupree 420
Affidavits??

Before Rowan Ware had 55%-45% lead over Dupree with one precinct reamaining. A 10 pt lead with one reamaining, and poof its gone. Hmmmm...makes one wonder

Percentage points aren't the best indicator when the total volume is this low.

Affidavits need to swing Ware, but not by much.

There is definately something fishy going on here, like in past elections. Questions of irregularities taking place last election as well, so I think DW was prepared for this.

This may have the potential to blow up politics in HAttiesburg.

If some one fairly wins, so be it. If irregularities are confirmed, all gloves off!

How come the last precinct has almost 10% of the total vote? And by my count the Rowan precinct along with the absentee and affidavit ballots made up approx. 1/7 or just over 14% of the votes in this election.Maybe that is normal, but seems a bit high to me.
PhiAlpaEagle, could you chime in since you have a few years experience working elections?

Originally posted by canebrake7:

Is Ware a better choice for USM? I know the city has ever been a great supporter.
Yes he is a better choice for USM.

Originally posted by Lanny Mixon:
Originally posted by Istrahan2:
Doesn't a candidate need go get 50% plus 1 vote to avoid a run off?
Not when you take into account that there were multiple independents in the race, this is a high man takes it.
Yes. But that shouldn't be the case. A candidate should have to have more than half the votes to win. If there are more than two candidates in the general election, a runoff should be a possibility. This is just another way that our "democratic" elections have been hijacked.

Originally posted by glcpnut19:
3000 registered voters in Rowan, only 447 voted in 2009
Stat of the night right there.

Rowan had 818 votes and of course Dupree got 89% of them. That is a turnout of 27% compared to 15% in 2009. I would be interested in comparing that to city wide turnout and additional years of historic turnout for Rowan.

My question is how many registered voters are there in the Rowan precinct ? Then what percentage of turnout did they have compared to the other precincts.

Just saw on twitter by searching #haelex that 53 of 115 affidavit votes have been verified. Of the 53, 19 were accepted, 30 rejected, and 4 held for review.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT