ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I'm just curious, with the impending gun law changes

Wasn't going to go there, but I've had a couple of scotches. What I think is coming is very like what I've lived with for 25 years in the Peoples Republic of Illinois. In Illinois, you must have a Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) Card issued by the Illinois State Police to possess ANY firearm or ammunition of any kind (even antiques). If you purchase from a dealer you must in addition to the federal requirements present your FOID card. Your number is always recorded. If you do a private purchase/sale you must exchange FOID Card numbers and keep the records for 10 years. There are accounts of a homeless Chicago guy who lived in a cardboard box on Lower Wacker Drive (it's a double decker street) for more than a year being prosecuted for not presenting the FOID sales/purchase records from when he owned a home and sold a firearm. If you do a private sale at a gun show you must call the State Police, give them the your FOID number and the buyer's FOID number and receive an approved transaction number (if they give it to you) whch you must keep with your records. If you don't receive the transaction number you cannot do the sale. Waiting periods are one day for long guns and three days for handguns. Most gunshows are so frightened that they require EVERY sale to go through an FFL dealer. I think these are the types of restrictions that our current president likes, since they are the law in his home state. There is no concealed carry and the state is fighting legal decisions that they must permit it. Do I feel really safe here? No. Bad guys can still get firearms easily. It's just honest citizens who cannot. Do the people in Chicago feel safe? They are told that they are safe, but statistics show otherwise. I would feel much safer in MS, where the bad guys don't know who is carrying. Just my opinion.

CO is great. There's a gun show within driving distance of my house every weekend. Great selection. You can buy anything you want with about a 15 min background check. I bought a 7mm Rem Mag at one a few months ago, and the transaction took maybe 20 minutes. It's been a couple of months since I've been to one, but ammo is also cheap and plentiful. You can buy large canisters of bulk ammo. .223 was still plentiful last time I went. May have changed in the last couple of weeks though.

Originally posted by laureleagleson:
Send this bullshit to the Hub where it belongs

It's got about as much to do with USM sports as engagement announcements.

Originally posted by nostereagle:

bwahahaha!!!!
sign0081.r191677.gif

How many of BHO's proposals would have PREVENTED, the shootings at Sandy Hook, or the theater in Colorado?

Originally posted by nostereagle:

Lol! Oh... Well I guess you got me there, chief. Haha. Fair enough. I promise never to post another engagement announcement on the Loyalty Board. Feel better? Good for you.

Originally posted by Satsuma Eagle:
test..
This post was edited on 2/4 9:23 AM by Satsuma Eagle
Jump in, honed my skills on the Camel and Wally, too bad ole J.B. can't/ won't sign up..... Black/ Gold

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT