ADVERTISEMENT

Obama Vacations

Lamareagle2

BGN Pro Poster
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2002
Michelle and the kids went to Africa last year on "official business". In order to make it legal to carry her girls, Malia and Sasha were listed on the passenger list as "Senior Advisors". The whole entourage cost the US taxpayer $424,000.00 just for airfare. Food and hotels were a lot more.

They also got to go on an African Safari. I wonder what "Official Business" has to do with a Safari. The White House refused to release this info to the Smoking Gun and other sites like it and they had to sue in order to obtain this information.

The White House did not want to release this info because of the high unemployment and did want to be seen as "extravagant". The media was more than happy to help them keep all of this low key.

Originally posted by Lamareagle2:
Michelle and the kids went to Africa last year on "official business". In order to make it legal to carry her girls, Malia and Sasha were listed on the passenger list as "Senior Advisors". The whole entourage cost the US taxpayer $424,000.00 just for airfare. Food and hotels were a lot more.

They also got to go on an African Safari. I wonder what "Official Business" has to do with a Safari. The White House refused to release this info to the Smoking Gun and other sites like it and they had to sue in order to obtain this information.

The White House did not want to release this info because of the high unemployment and did want to be seen as "extravagant". The media was more than happy to help them keep all of this low key.

You ARE my mother-in-law's emails.

I can play the game too.......

Those who criticize the cost of Obama’s Christmas vacation don’t want you to know that George W. Bush spent at least $20 million taxpayer dollars just on flights to his ranch in Crawford.

The right wing has been outraged at the four million dollar plus price tag for Obama’s family Christmas vacation, and they constantly hold George W. Bush up as an example of how thrifty a president should be when going on vacation.

The problem is that W. wasn’t thrifty. He was the most expensive vacation president in US history. Not only did Bush spend more days on vacation than any other president, but he used Air Force One more often while on vacation than any other president.
In response to growing criticism that the president was on vacation too much, the Bush administration adopted the Rovian tactic of scheduling, “work events,” while the president was in Crawford so that they could claim that President Bush’s vacations were working vacations. During his infamous pre-9/11 August vacation, the AP reported that, “Using the ranch as a base, he will promote White House initiatives in Rocky Mountain National Park, Denver, Albuquerque, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh and San Antonio.”

Bush’s “working vacations” cost taxpayers a small fortune in travel costs because President Bush and his staff would make day trips on Air Force One all across the country in order to counter the criticism that he was on vacation too often. For eight years, Bush essentially used Air Force One as his personal vacation taxi service.

This post was edited on 1/11 4:15 PM by taavie55

Originally posted by bamassippi:

You ARE my mother-in-law's emails border="0">

roll.gif

All the politicians are wasting taxpayer dollars. Both political parties are guilty of that.

OK guys before you blow a fuse.

This was originally posted on the Loyalty Board in response to a political thread about Barbours pardons. I asked that the thread be removed to the HUB. I was told it was USM related (?). It was not moved and I told them that was fine just don't move my Obama thread if politics is now acceptable.

Well the Barbour thread got moved finally to the HUB and my Obama thread got moved to the District. Go figure.

I was only proving a point. Go check out the thread on the Hub about Barbours pardons if you doubt my word. Also I would like to point out that the Barbour pardon thread was left up for 2 days without being removed. For the record I am fully against political threads on these boards.
This post was edited on 1/11 9:42 PM by Lamareagle2

Originally posted by Eagleholic:
All the politicians are wasting taxpayer dollars. Both political parties are guilty of that.
This. i wish people would figure this out instead of playing red vs. blue. Red vs. Blue keeps you robots.

Another thing i've never understood. Why do people get so mad when politics are posted? Just don't click on the topic. Sheesh. This applies to the real world too. There's always somebody that gets mad if you bring up politics. Some of my friends would have friendly arguments and one would get mad that we wouldn't change the subject even though none of us were mad. Never could understand what he got so mad about.

Because only a very few people can discuss politics without getting upset and wanting to fight.

Originally posted by anonymouseagle:
This is not The Hub. I was under the impression that this was a sports forum.
Take the politics elsewhere, please.

See, this is what i'm talking about. Why does it bother you that this topic is here? i'm not trying to fight. i really want to know. i have always wondered this as i stated above. It clearly says Obama on the subject. All you have to do is not click.

"it's a sports board!" Off topics do not hurt or hinder it from being a sports board. It could say Bar-B-Q, Castle, Montana, or Obama and you just select the topics you are interested in.

Because only a very few people can discuss politics without getting upset and wanting to fight.
Well, i'm part of the few then.

Since no one can explain why it bothers people i have a theory to put out there:

The people who get mad seem to be the people who don't follow the subject. So, maybe they feel inferior thus angry at people who are knowledgeable enough to discuss the subject.

Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!!

Got that DUMBA$$
chairshot.gif

And I say this for a reason. Just because you see another political post that doesn't get taken down doesn't mean you should put one up of your own. That makes you a lemming.
This post was edited on 1/12 12:44 PM by geopcp

Geo I guess you are a DUMBASS Obama jerk wad! Unless you read the post on the Hub don't be critical of what I did. I made a point. You identified yourself as a real DUMBASS.

(I'm guessing this will work also)

Originally posted by geopcp:
Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!! Sports board!!

Got that DUMBA$$
chairshot.gif

And I say this for a reason. Just because you see another political post that doesn't get taken down doesn't mean you should put one up of your own. That makes you a lemming.
This post was edited on 1/12 12:44 PM by geopcp
Once again i ask, why does it make you angry specifically?

Do you go into Wendy's, see a chicken sandwich on the menu and cry...hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place,hamburger place

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT