ADVERTISEMENT

Miss. State Is Still Flying The State Of Mississippi's Flag. Only Thing I Like

I hope one day you can find that person. If you look at your history on Southern Miss message boards, that's been damn near impossible.

You just don't know when to quit. Time to go to bed and hug your life sized Obama doll while you cry yourself to sleep.

Alessandra-Ambrosio-Bikini-Photoshoot-2015-06-300x420.jpg

It's not that big of a deal to me, either. But where does it end? The PC police are stripping away all of America's history. They keep taking away more and more things from people, but it does nothing. They just find more to get offended about. It has gotten to the point where it's just absurd. Now they don't want you to say "hard worker" because that's an insult to slaves. We've become a nation of wusses that expect everyone to kiss our asses and stroke our egos. Pathetic.
Who is they

The color of my skin doesn't mean much to me, in fact it means nothing at all. It plays zero part in who I am or what I believe. I don't hate myself because I am white nor do I love myself because I am white. I just love myself.

My grandfather and grandmother were immigrants from Germany and Itaty. The German flag has changed many times over the years. At no time did that change history or strip me of my heritage.

Blacks find the state flag offensive the same way Jews find the Nazi flag offensive, and for good reason.

Yeah, the Democrats are doing so well in Memphis, Detroit, Baltimore, and California. Oh, and Jackson too. :rolleyes:

Yeah and the most right wing GOP states (Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, etc) are killing it.

There's a reason the states at the top of most lists (income, employment rate, etc) are almost exclusively Democratic.

Reactions: TDuncan06
It's not that big of a deal to me, either. But where does it end? The PC police are stripping away all of America's history. They keep taking away more and more things from people, but it does nothing. They just find more to get offended about. It has gotten to the point where it's just absurd. Now they don't want you to say "hard worker" because that's an insult to slaves. We've become a nation of wusses that expect everyone to kiss our asses and stroke our egos. Pathetic.

Yeah, come to school with orange hair and tattoos but dont fly a flag or preach religion.o_O

Blacks find the state flag offensive the same way Jews find the Nazi flag offensive, and for good reason.

No they don't. Most black people have no opinion one way or the other, unless some race-bating activist tells them they need to be offended. In fact, what few decent, "hard working" black folks who don't listen to the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons et al, see the Confederate Battle Flag as nothing more than a part of the history of Mississippi and the struggles they overcame.

All of this is nothing but a ploy by the manipulators and users to further their positions of power for money by racial division, then stepping in to say "follow me and I'll set you free". Yeah, right. And the liberal do-gooders who are useful idiots all say "me too".

J-Eagle is a truly deranged individual who probably is/was a member of the Klan.
More of the highly-informed liberal thought here. Liberal Democrats continue to prove that they are the most hateful and narrow minded people on the planet.

The problem with a topic like the flag is that there are multiple sides to the issue. The keep it because it's our heritage; the take it down because it's offensive and the I don't give a rat's butt one way or another side. The question you have to ask is what the flag is to represent. I would assume that it would be to represent the pride in one's state. So ask yourself these questions - Is it worth having something that a large enough segment of the population finds offensive? Would the state not be better having something that all citizens can be proud to wave?

I think all of us were passed down the same character traits as southern men and Mississippi men in general - stand strong and resist others telling us what to do. I think that came about because as the losers of civil war our forefathers found what it was like to have others dictate to us our future. We were raised to stand tall for our heritage. But I'm also reminded that we are to treat others as we want to be treated. So doesn't finding a compromise to make all Mississippians proud of the flag something that we should want?

Words and symbols have a way of changing over time. Some things meant for one purpose have been warped into other meanings. Those seniors on this board most likely learned the "Meet the Flintstones" theme song with the ending lyric of "We'll have a gay old time". Some folks hearing that today might think it references a Fred/Barney or Betty/Wilma sexual relationship going on. Different times and different meanings. The point being is that what once represented southern pride has changed and for many it only represents oppression. Being the oppressor nor the oppressed is where anyone would want to reside. So maybe a compromise that would elevate all would be one that shows leadership. Mississippians showed their grit and determination post Hurricane Katrina.....why not show it again for the good of all Mississippians.

As a side note: I disagree with Bennett taking the state flag down. I believe that state property should have the state flag. I do think change should be considered to make a compromise for all but until that time then the current flag should fly. We still live in a democracy and if that democracy decides that the majority should rule then so it shall be. But that doesn't make it right, only lawful....as the saying goes might doesn't make right.

Treating someone (or an issue) with the thoughts and reasoning of the "Golden Rule" is not a left or right wing issue. It IS the issue. Our Lord and Savior asks us to do our best to behave in a manor to honor Him by judging each situation with this litmus test: "If you were in their shoes, how would you feel?" Lord only knows that I will be the first to admit that I failed at this many times in my life, but since October 9, 2011 (my newest birthday) I pray that I can follow Christ's lead in every way...especially this one.

BTW, I am a registered Republican, but I pledge to the Christian Party first. God bless you all. SMTTT.

Yeah and the most right wing GOP states (Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, etc) are killing it.

There's a reason the states at the top of most lists (income, employment rate, etc) are almost exclusively Democratic.

Actually that is not true. Mississippi was the only state that showed negative growth for 2012 and 2013. The 2014 numbers aren't out yet. The other southern states, except for Texas (petro chemicals) were in the lower 1/2 of growth. The real growth is in the great plains, mountains, California (yep still growing) and New England.

Actually that is not true. Mississippi was the only state that showed negative growth for 2012 and 2013. The 2014 numbers aren't out yet. The other southern states, except for Texas (petro chemicals) were in the lower 1/2 of growth. The real growth is in the great plains, mountains, California (yep still growing) and New England.

When I said that those states were "killing it", I was being sarcastic. I'm with you.

Treating someone (or an issue) with the thoughts and reasoning of the "Golden Rule" is not a left or right wing issue. It IS the issue. Our Lord and Savior asks us to do our best to behave in a manor to honor Him by judging each situation with this litmus test: "If you were in their shoes, how would you feel?" Lord only knows that I will be the first to admit that I failed at this many times in my life, but since October 9, 2011 (my newest birthday) I pray that I can follow Christ's lead in every way...especially this one.

BTW, I am a registered Republican, but I pledge to the Christian Party first. God bless you all. SMTTT.

You've managed in four years to get John 13:34 into your life in a way that allows you to exemplify Christ's love. If only more would stand on their beliefs as you have we would find more ways to do what is right for others. Psalms 1:1-2 is a good verse for thought and understanding.

Actually according to the Wall Street Journal out of the top ten best performing state economies 8 have Republican governors and 2 have Democrats. However I'm sure there are other economic list ranking different things that show different results. This is just one!

yep

Lanny please lock this post or remove it. It has nothing to do with Sports. Besides, someone might be looking to join, biggoldnation, but the main topic is on Mississippi flag, I doubt they would sign up

Last edited:

Actually, all 10 of the states with the fastest growing economies are RED states, while 14 of the top 15 welfare states per capita are BLUE states. I'd say that RED states are doing pretty well. And when you talk poorly about southern states, look at who is dragging their statistics down. Look at the ethnic makeup of those states, and then realize that it's the Democrats that are dragging them down.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/06/12/10-states-with-the-fastest-growing-economies/
http://www.cnbc.com/2009/07/21/The-Biggest-US-Welfare-States.html

No they don't. Most black people have no opinion one way or the other, unless some race-bating activist tells them they need to be offended. In fact, what few decent, "hard working" black folks who don't listen to the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons et al, see the Confederate Battle Flag as nothing more than a part of the history of Mississippi and the struggles they overcame.

All of this is nothing but a ploy by the manipulators and users to further their positions of power for money by racial division, then stepping in to say "follow me and I'll set you free". Yeah, right. And the liberal do-gooders who are useful idiots all say "me too".

I find it amusingly ironic after the way you have presented yourself on this subject that you pretend to speak for black Mississippians.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT