ADVERTISEMENT

Dupree-Ware Trial

Originally posted by EagleRaider94:

Originally posted by Catfish:
DuPree's attorneys now asking for a mistrial because the jury hasn't come to a verdict after only 3 HOURS of deliberation!!!!
I think its common when the jury says they can't reach a verdict to move for a mistrial.
No doubt. Very common after the jury comes back deadlocked.

What I didn't realize is that DuPree's attorney's weren't simply making that request because of late hour. They did it in response to the jury telling the judge they could not reach a verdict.

Looks like he's going to keep the jury in there a while longer before recessing. This might be a hopeless cause, because it appears the jury came back very quickly to suggest they could not reach a decision. That likely suggests the two camps in the jury room are adamant about their positions.

This post was edited on 7/30 5:29 PM by Catfish

Politics in Hattiesburg directly effect the University. While most of the time athletics are the main topics other things are discussed. If there is a thread that you don't like ignore it. It is that simple.

Originally posted by USM97:
Eagle rock, I am a grown man and pay to be here so I can open whatever I want to. This is one of the many reasons why we are where we are. Thread just open up opportunity to be decisive.
It's divisive (I assume that's what you meant) to want fair, legal elections?

If so, then go ahead and put me down under the "dividers" column.

But you're right about one thing -- this is one of the reasons we are where we are. We've allowed a bunch of inept local officials to run Hattiesburg into the ground for far too long.

Jury just came back with a verdict -- THEY DECLARE DAVE WARE THE WINNER OF THE ELECTION!

This is nuts! The jury came back with a 9-3 verdict for Dave Ware, then the judge polled the jury 3 times to ensure the verdict was correct. The jurors kept coming back 8-4. Judge then sent the jury back in to confirm.

DuPree's attorneys immediately started asking for the judge to declare a mistrial, saying that the jury was hopelessly deadlocked. That's clearly not the case, because they had enough in the jury room to render a verdict.

It seems that one of the jurors switched their vote when they had to sit in open court.

There's some real monkey business going on down there. Stay tuned.

Yep sounds like jury intimidation. One doesn't want their vote known in open. Judge should give the obvious answer for them.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Clearly, there is a juror voting for Ware that is afraid to be publicly outed. That is clearly what the judge is dealing with right now. They need to protect these jurors and poll them individually.

Don't let intimidation keep these crooks in office!

Originally posted by blue noodles:
Why should a juror have to publicly announce their vote?
Possibly to prevent jury tampering. Personally, I think the jury should be polled in public with only the judge and one representative from each side knowing what the actual vote was for each juror.

I predicted a MISTRIAL earlier and felt the vote would be 7 - 5.....I was wrong on the vote is was 8 - 4 but it still is a mistrial.

Disgusting-disgusting-disgusting.

And the Hattiesburg Saga continues. It should be obvious that some form of voter ID should be required in all future elections.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT