ADVERTISEMENT

Does USM fly the Mississippi State flag?

The Leftist politically-correct Mafia, DEMAND that you surrender to them on every issue...freedom of speech, your Christianity, your guns, flags, greenhouse gases. You must surrender anything dear to you including your history and your respect for your ancestors and great Americans who fought against invasion by the jealous North.

They will cow you sheep, into surrendering by threatening you with their label of "hate-speech" and making it a crime punishable with Prison.

You MUST exercise "freedom of navigation" and push back or be prepared to lose everything to them.

I will not surrender my conscience, my freedom of speech, or ANY of those rights implied by our Bill of Rights etc to the Totalitarian, Pinko, Leftists!

Join the SCV.
Fly the flag next to your American flag and laugh in their fanatical, raging faces.

CNW4275.jpg

In what year did the USM flag represent slavery and divisiveness? Bennett is an idiot taking down the school flag as well.

Agree.

Reactions: TDuncan06
Now that I think about pretty sure it's disrespectful to flag any flag as high or higher than US flag.

EDIT: US flag and state flags can fly at equal heights. Couldn't find anything about US flag and university flags. Willing to bet though the removal of USM had something to do with how to properly fly US flag.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it. We need to take down banners that recognize coaches like Pie Vann and others who didn't recruit black players. They represent a terrible time so they must go off the walls of our stadium and such. They are a symbol of a racist past and am sure they didn't want any black players. Also, we need to quit playing "are you from Dixie" because that song represents the days of the South. It needs to go to. What else can we take down????

Reactions: neeagle
Our society is going down a deep wormhole and it won't stop until everything is wiped clean and we as a country have no history or dialogue.

Yeah, it should down. That vote was back in the 90's, this is a whole new Era now. I agree with all of the institution, that have spoken up about this matter. Bring it down. While some see it as pride others see it as shame. It's pitiful how those in the politics do not have the courage to remove it. Glad the South Carolina governor had the courage to take it. She is not playing politics like Failure Phil. I do believe it has block some companies to the state but not all. Hell, Mississippi will be the last to take it down if it ever comes down. The state is last in just about every category for the wrong reason.
The governor of South Carolina didn't take down their state flag. She took down a Confederate battle flag that was part of a memorial on the SC state capital grounds and only did so after the state legislature voted. The current South Carolina state flag is the same flag that was unfurled over Fort Sumter when it was captured by the Confederates.

Reactions: swac12
Changing a flag does not change history nor erase it.

Good freaking grief.
You're right it does not change or erase history, but it certainly influences the future. Are you happy with the direction this state/country is going?

The governor of South Carolina didn't take down their state flag. She took down a Confederate battle flag that was part of a memorial on the SC state capital grounds and only did so after the state legislature voted. The current South Carolina state flag is the same flag that was unfurled over Fort Sumter when it was captured by the Confederates.

I lived in Charleston for nearly a decade. Quite proud of how they reacted. They showed true southern spirit.

The SC flag was never used as a symbol of hate by white hate groups long after the civil war was over. Wasn't even used by Dixiecrats. Doesn't have the same symbol in the same corner of second and third official flag of the CSA.

No I am not.

How does changing that flag influence the future?
It's not really about the flag itself that I meant. It's more about the decision to cave to the people who have this false sense of entitlement and empowerment that they can say or claim whatever they want, no matter how false it is, and gain victories. The more victories they get, the more it fuels the fire the the freedom of speech act has been blazing in recent history. That in itself is creating this divisiveness. Then again, when you have a nation of such diverse cultures, you're never going to get away from this, especially in today's age of news juggernauts and social media domination.

To me, I am more perturbed at the false implications that have fallen on that symbol and the idiocy people have expressed in associating it with racism. So any time someone is either passively/aggressively forced to remove the symbol or take it down by caving, it just makes me shake my head.

That and the fact that Bennett broke protocol by removing the flag prior to a vote to remove it. This is a STATE institution, and one that has already voted on this very issue and voted to keep it. At this point, there are no plans to vote again, so I know it's a round-about way to look at it, but Bennett is essentially disowning the state by removing it. It affects me because I am loyal to the state (militia status aside) NO MATTER what banner is flying above it, and Bennett pulls this move for sake of political correctness and "unity," when actually it is creating more disparity and enlarging the divide.

Reactions: swac12
We probably agree more than we disagree nceagle. But....the whole give them an inch and they will take a mile thing...can't let that prevent you from doing the right thing. Giving them the inch is not the problem. ALLOWING them to take the mile is the problem.
Never understood why conservatives don't form their version of the ACLU. It's not like they don't have the money. Fight back.
What I don't understand more is how ANYONE can look at the flag and not see the hatred in it. Read more than once the "false implications" statements but nobody wants to detail what those are. Probably because they don't have a leg to stand on.

We probably agree more than we disagree nceagle. But....the whole give them an inch and they will take a mile thing...can't let that prevent you from doing the right thing. Giving them the inch is not the problem. ALLOWING them to take the mile is the problem.
Never understood why conservatives don't form their version of the ACLU. It's not like they don't have the money. Fight back.
What I don't understand more is how ANYONE can look at the flag and not see the hatred in it. Read more than once the "false implications" statements but nobody wants to detail what those are. Probably because they don't have a leg to stand on.
You are right, and as for not letting the inch and mile thing prevent from doing the right thing... well the same can be made for the opposite argument. There is a "right" way of doing the "right thing." What Dr. Bennett and other institutions and even people in other states have done is the wrong way of doing it. That is them taking the mile, or attempting to. I'm not going to stand in front of a tank to prevent the flag from being changed (even though I 100% disagree with changing it at all), but it should be done the right way. Can you imagine if some federal institutions or agencies, disagreed with some things that America (or its leadership) stood for, and as a result, decided to remove the American flag? They still have the death penalty for that. I am not going to say that the same extreme is needed here, but essentially these state institutions are abandoning their states over disagreement and embarrassment of what the flag [allegedly] stands for. Not only that, but Dr. Bennett took it upon himself to speak for the entire University, all of its faculty, students AND alumni and made the decision. Yes, he is in a position with the power to do that, BUT he did not have justification to do that. THAT is why he has lost my support and my financial feedback. From here on, the only thing the school will get from me is ticket money. And before you ask, yes, I have made that known to the appropriate people.

Reactions: Etowah
Well one can only assume he took the correct action because no group or organization has opposed it's removal.

Well there is a pro flag rally today...we will see how many show up.

Probably not many. The left has learned that they can get their way on anything by shaming the opposition into silence with chants of of "racism". Until people start fighting back against their lies, the majority of Americans will continue to get pushed around by fringe groups of nut jobs.

Reactions: neeagle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT