ADVERTISEMENT

You know what?

InsuranceEagle

BGN Pro Poster
Jan 25, 2006
Recently, I have anguished about the situation at our beloved University's athletic program, and it's future. Most of you know how much I love Southern Miss. It's in my blood, it's part of me.

For the last 8 months, I've been sicker than a dog. The sickest I've ever been, really coming to grips with my mortality. Wondering at 61 about a lot of things.....how time flies, what's next with the next treatment, surgery, new procedure, etc. And, then the other stuff comes into to play: My precious wife, and my great kids and grandchildren. Will I go back to work next year, after dedicating almost 36 years to working for Mutual of Omaha. Will I go to work for another company?
I mean, I've hit a serious bottom. Really down, and wondering what in the heck is going to happen?

But, let me say this to all of you!
Life is precious. A day at a time. Live and let live. Today has been the best day for me this year. I have HOPE! I may be around for a while (great visit with my Ochsners Doc). I feel strong, and confident. My Faith is solid, and I'm not scared as Hell, like I use to be. HE has absolutely taken care of me. I'm ok with whatever happens. I feel good.

I walked for the 5th day in a row, met some new friends out at Big Bay, who love USM.
For those that don't know: Big Bay is a development by the Tatum family and Bennett York. It is absolutely amazing. 1200 acre lake (largest man made lake) in the state. It is beautiful. West on highway 98. What's happening in Hattiesburg will blow your mind. Building everywhere, Everywhere.

I swam in our neighborhood pool with my baby, and relaxed. First time in a year. We needed a break, and we got it!

Then, it hit me. I truly feel we are in good hands. We have us a good "down to earth" football coach, at the "end of the day", Jay Hop, who just might stick around for a while. Maybe this is the man who will lead us back. The High School coaches around the state love him. No doubt, he is doing an outstanding job with our recruiting.... He get's it. He knows how to recruit "Southern Miss" type players.

We have us a stand up President in Rod Bennett.
"I BELIEVE!!" HE IS going to get it done with the IHL. It is the only thing that makes sense. We have to have their support, or we will not make it. I like who we have trying his best to insure we are going to survive. I'm not talking about this current AD. I'm talking about the President and his understanding of our situation, "our culture!" I believe he get's it.

Our president is working hard with the IHL (hopefully help is on the way) to keep our proud History and tradition alive. I believe he will get it done.

Let's all get behind him.

We will survive, like I plan on doing.
That's what we do here.....we are tough as IRON NAILS!

SOUTHERN MISS.....
Thank you.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News