ADVERTISEMENT

Will's coaching hires,

eagle ron

All Conference
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Surely he will hire a new strength and conditioning coach. Does anyone know if and who he might hire?

He said today on Bo Bounds t0hat he already has a staff picked out, I am trying to figure out who that is. Was going to write a story about who his assistants may be, then heard what he said today, lol.

He said today on Bo Bounds t0hat he already has a staff picked out, I am trying to figure out who that is. Was going to write a story about who his assistants may be, then heard what he said today, lol.
With what he said today that leads you to believe this has been in place for a little while. If not, how could Will have “handshake’ agreements with his staff?

With what he said today that leads you to believe this has been in place for a little while. If not, how could Will have “handshake’ agreements with his staff?
I think he had been thinking about a HC job for years and had a staff set in his mind. When he was hired he simply made calls and I suspect he heard the wood “yes” a lot. This guy is methodical.

I was playing with this today. The question may be how many assistants he’s poaching from Liberty? Freeze likely knows he’s leaving in a year at most, so he may willing to let them go without a fight knowing he can hire whoever he wants at big P5 program (I’d put money on Freeze hiring Kane Wommack at his next job). Gregg is a no brainer, and reports of Lindsey and Kennedy make sense. If Symons comes, Aldridge and Hundley likely come with him. I would be very surprised if Chad Williams isn’t on the staff. While it’s still speculation, these are all really good high character coaches and recruiters. Significant upgrades over what we’ve had on staff the last couple of years.

Reactions: blackjack2
Coaches have always had agreements that if someone takes a HC position at an FBS school, and said coaches are available, they will come on as an assistant. Will has many guys he hs coached with in the past. He has had no issues with putting a staff together. It is all up to signing contracts now.

Roll it on out there boys. Lamont: Specifically what is offensive about this.
We know that LaMont was Fred Sanford’s son. He was not dumb, inept, or anything derogatory. LaMont’s character was the most level-headed, logical and relatable character in the show.

I’d like to read exactly what has you fellers deep in your feelings.

I want to be offended, too. I am desparate for any of you to help me make this racist, sexist or misogynistic or in some way offensive. Please, May I join the club?

God help us had Eagle70 started calling him Grady instead of Lamont.

We are so desperate to be “virtue signalers,” we have forgotten what actual racism looks like. It’s ok to acknowledge our individual differences. Ask yourself, what do I know to be offensive vs. what just feels like it might be? Critical thoughts and logical behaviors should win the day. Need a good example to follow? Consider the Lamont character from 1970’s sitcom, “Sanford and Son.” He handled the surrounding buffoonery extremely well.

Social justice warriors need to take a break from living the selectively offended life on behalf of an aggrieved people. It must be exhausting.

God help us had Eagle70 started calling him Grady instead of Lamont.

We are so desperate to be “virtue signalers,” we have forgotten what actual racism looks like. It’s ok to acknowledge our individual differences. Ask yourself, what do I know to be offensive vs. what just feels like it might be? Critical thoughts and logical behaviors should win the day. Need a good example to follow? Consider the Lamont character from 1970’s sitcom, “Sanford and Son.” He handled the surrounding buffoonery extremely well.

Social justice warriors need to take a break from living the selectively offended life on behalf of an aggrieved people. It must be exhausting.
Post of the year.

If you can’t show any more respect than that let me know where to send you the money and I will pay to get your ass off this board. Are you really a Golden Eagle supporter?
MailEagle, you aint got enough money to get me off this board. lol SMTTT

Post of the year.

Totally disagree this was inappropriate/ “close to racist” post. Why? Because you called a black man, who name you know, out of his name. Why wasn’t he called Richard, Bob, or Dustin? No, he was called out his name with a name that is usually associated within the black race.

It would be the same if I saw you at a tailgate, don’t know you but said hey Bob, can I have hotdog? You would ask why did I call you that? I would say you look like a Bob.
I hope I broke that all the way down and address the elephant in the room. Now can we get back to Southern Miss Football?

OMG! The nickname Lamont is because Dr. Bennett resembles the actor that played Lamont! Are y’all really that stupid or just grasping at straws to make something racist that is not?
Justify it however you want, but it’s still bullshit! He knows his name and purposely called him another name and it wasn’t meant in a good way.

Justify it however you want, but it’s still bullshit! He knows his name and purposely called him another name and it wasn’t meant in a good way.
Doesn't change the fact that Bennett has done a very good job of making the university and its athletic program irrelevant. He shouldn't get a pass for sub par job performance and should be held to the same standard as anyone else.

OMG! The nickname Lamont is because Dr. Bennett resembles the actor that played Lamont! Are y’all really that stupid or just grasping at straws to make something racist that is not?

My bad, I could have swore Lamont was about 5’9 with an Afro while President Bennet is about 6’4 and bald..I guess that is easy to confuse.

My bad, I could have swore Lamont was about 5’9 with an Afro while President Bennet is about 6’4 and bald..I guess that is easy to confuse.
I am pretty sure we are talking resemblance in the facial features not height and hair style.. I am curious how tall is cousin Eddie and does he have a similar hair style to Dan?

Doesn't change the fact that Bennett has done a very good job of making the university and its athletic program irrelevant. He shouldn't get a pass for sub par job performance and should be held to the same standard as anyone else.
I am pretty sure everyone knows Dan Mullens name but he is still called cousin Eddie at times. A year ago nothing would have been said about this. I think it is a bunch of crap that just because he is African American that he can not be given a nick name. Kind of like when Obama was President he never made a single bad decision it was the perfect presidency.. We will never see equality in this country as long as these double standards exist. Should be able to poke fun at all or none!!!!!!!

We should use good decorum when we address other people. Unless we are minority musicians whereby we can call women "bitches and whores" as well as use an inappropriate name for black people. I know this can all be confusing, so this is my best understanding of how things work. Oh I forgot, we are able to use disparaging words toward a sitting president and our men in blue as that is acceptable use even by the media.. I may have missed something but this is my current understanding of the social order.
I have been confused lately as I have been digesting the new policy which will take place under Title iX (designed to protect women's rights in sports) that now under our President Elect, will allow for formerly men athletics who now view theirselves as women athletics the right to use the women's facilities for showering and bathroom purposes. So men, by medical standards, are now benefiting from what was the rights for women by medical standards. So much to learn and digest in this new world order.
I am glad I'm not a young dad today. I see on the commercials that "dads" should be able to make cute clothes for their children. I guess that is the standard for an ideal dad today. Glad my dad took me fishing and hunting, coached me in sports and told me to respect women. Besides I don't think he could sew.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT