ADVERTISEMENT

WHAT in the HECK is the Conference Doing................

Our leaders are just waiting on everyone to realize the shear amount of genius inside our conference offices before they all go take a poop so that they can, at that moment, begin a concentrated study for the long term benefits to CUSA of having one game a week on a channel that no one can find unless you have the household cat wrapped in antenna wire running circles on your roof while Uncle Elmer hangs out the window and hooks the garden rake to him at the same time everyone else in the house stands up and points toward Mecca so that you can see at least one third of the screen digitized out.

At least our university finally realizes that RGC Coliseum is a problem. No significant changes have been made to it since the Beatles came out with Rubber Soul. Our conference has done nothing to help our school either. This bird has flown....

I do not know the exact payoff but the vast majority of the coverage is online via ESPN+ and there are relatively few actual TV games. The other factor that is not fully known yet is what nights football will be forced to play for TV. I remember a lot of complaining about the middle of the week games when Southern Miss had to play them. Another article that mentions money is attached. Each school is supposed to get an increase from the 100,000 per year they get now. How much of an increase is not stated but I would be surprised if the amount is doubled.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...conference-signs-8-year-deal-with-espn-030118

I do not know the exact payoff but the vast majority of the coverage is online via ESPN+ and there are relatively few actual TV games. The other factor that is not fully known yet is what nights football will be forced to play for TV. I remember a lot of complaining about the middle of the week games when Southern Miss had to play them. Another article that mentions money is attached. Each school is supposed to get an increase from the 100,000 per year they get now. How much of an increase is not stated but I would be surprised if the amount is doubled.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...conference-signs-8-year-deal-with-espn-030118
PERCEPTION
the perception is that the SUN Belt is a better conference than CUSA due to this deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT