ADVERTISEMENT

We have had a tough 3 years in athletics at Southern Miss

KICKING TEE

BGN Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Oct 28, 2002
the best thing we can do at this point is to go forward. We all have our ideas as to what we have to do to move forward. There are some on here satisfied with the status quo. That is obvious,but I think the majority on here want us to do much better. As of know we have 3 projects on the board plus the new Eagle. The academic center,and the locker rooms are the top priorities,the funding for these 2 projects are basically in hand.we need to move forward with these projects quickly as possible.the remodeling of Reed Green is our 3rd top priority,but we need to seriously make headway with this project this coming year. Our coaching staff is all lined up,for better or for worse. That brings us to finances,and to me our biggest area of concern.this is the area that I think,no I know,needs the biggest overhaul. Many great ideas have been presented to McGillis,and so far he has used only patchwork to solve the problem.He has move 1 employee from another department to help,and is thinking about another.We are doing the same old,same old,but only with more bodies,and we expect the results to change.Ain't going to happen. This coming year we have a great opportunity to have a tremendous increase in ticket sales and a better football team that may even go bowling,basketball is going to have to get past the NCAA troubles to really do well,but I am anxious to see what kind of team he puts on the floor,and that brings us back to baseball. Scott Berry will be our coach. We will see what changes,if any,that he will make.. I am ready to put these last years behind us,and I look forward to,and expect great improvement over the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News