ADVERTISEMENT

We are getting much bigger...

NueDaeEagle

Key Reserve
Jul 9, 2012
I am hearing great things about the new strength and conditioning coach. He may be one of the biggest difference makers this year. For instance LB Darian Yancey has added 20lbs. He was listed at 225, so that would make him 245? Yancey is now even playing some bandit end too. Add to that the really big transfers we have and this team will be one of the biggest we have ever had. The chances of this team being the one that gets us back to starting another bowl streak is going up. SMTTT

Why was the S&C coach last year let go? Poor results? I know that the former UAB S&C coach is supposed to be really good, but did last year's coach do that poorly?

Does this also mean that there won't be anymore comments about how "small and slow" USM players look? Or that we "look like we're playing soccer"....

Why was the S&C coach last year let go? Poor results? I know that the former UAB S&C coach is supposed to be really good, but did last year's coach do that poorly?
From what I've heard, Mark Smith was good at building bodies but too negative towards the players.
Size isn't everything. Norman Price has dropped 25 pounds while getting stronger and quicker since Woodfin took over.

From what I've heard, Mark Smith was good at building bodies but too negative towards the players.
Size isn't everything. Norman Price has dropped 25 pounds while getting stronger and quicker since Woodfin took over.
You are right, while the vast majority need to add bulk, there are some players who need to trim down. Price is one of them He is apparently really dedicated this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT