ADVERTISEMENT

USM flips Louisville safety...

NueDaeEagle

Key Reserve
Jul 9, 2012
PRCC safety Tavarius Moore, a Louisville commitment, has flipped to USM. He wanted to stay in state. He will enroll in January and will have 3 years to play. He is 6'2" and 190 lbs, and is very fast. Through the first 6 games he has 38 tackles and one interception, and is averaging 40.5 yards per kick off return. Good pick up for us. SMTTT.

Reactions: SethManKA1
PRCC safety Tavarius Moore, a Louisville commitment, has flipped to USM. He wanted to stay in state. He will enroll in January and will have 3 years to play. He is 6'2" and 190 lbs, and is very fast. Through the first 6 games he has 38 tackles and one interception, and is averaging 40.5 yards per kick off return. Good pick up for us. SMTTT.

Not sure that this would really qualify as a flip. He was supposed to sign with Louisville in May, but didn't for some reason. He's also a sophomore so he'll only have two years of eligibility remaining.

Not sure that this would really qualify as a flip. He was supposed to sign with Louisville in May, but didn't for some reason. He's also a sophomore so he'll only have two years of eligibility remaining.
From Munzly "Moore verbally committed to Louisville in February, but flipped to Southern Miss recently." We will see about how many years he has. Just going my what I saw reported somewhere else.

From Munzly "Moore verbally committed to Louisville in February, but flipped to Southern Miss recently." We will see about how many years he has. Just going my what I saw reported somewhere else.
Just because Munz wrote it doesn't make it accurate. He was no longer committed to Louisville for whatever reason. In an interview with him on another site he stated his only current offers were USM, UAB and Houston. This is definitely his second year at PRCC so there's no doubt he only has two additional years to play.

Munz has done a good job reporting on USM. He has been a major improvement over the past. I find him to be accurate and thorough.

He was committed to UL. UL got the 4 star Green from D'Iberville, so they may have pulled the offer but regardless they were in pursuit. Regardless of what the circumstances are this is a good pick up. We need a good Juco CB to replace Kalan Reed. Two years is two more than we otherwise would have had. Many think we should have got this guy out of high school. Congrats to Monken and Co., this guys stats are outstanding at PRCC.

SMTTT!

Munz has done a good job reporting on USM. He has been a major improvement over the past. I find him to be accurate and thorough.

I agree with that 100%. I think Munz has done a tremendous job covering USM athletics.
He was committed to UL. UL got the 4 star Green from D'Iberville, so they may have pulled the offer but regardless they were in pursuit. Regardless of what the circumstances are this is a good pick up. We need a good Juco CB to replace Kalan Reed. Two years is two more than we otherwise would have had. Many think we should have got this guy out of high school. Congrats to Monken and Co., this guys stats are outstanding at PRCC.

SMTTT!
Seems to be a pattern with Loserville. They had several long time commits last year that they pulled offers leading up to signing day.

Just because Munz wrote it doesn't make it accurate. He was no longer committed to Louisville for whatever reason. In an interview with him on another site he stated his only current offers were USM, UAB and Houston. This is definitely his second year at PRCC so there's no doubt he only has two additional years to play.

If he redshirted one of those seasons he'll have three years left.

So he we gotten so deep in going the JUCO route, with the constant turnover every two years of players, that we are going to have to stick with it? Is it getting past the point of getting JUCO players to fill in at weak spots to where the roster is built around them? Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but there is a tipping point where you are going to HAVE to recruit them heavily every year if you get too many on your team.

So he we gotten so deep in going the JUCO route, with the constant turnover every two years of players, that we are going to have to stick with it? Is it getting past the point of getting JUCO players to fill in at weak spots to where the roster is built around them? Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but there is a tipping point where you are going to HAVE to recruit them heavily every year if you get too many on your team.
Our current commitment list is heavy on high school players. I think what we saw this past year was necessary to speed up the rebuilding process, but doubt we see that many JUCO's and transfers again from Monken.

4 of the 8 on the two-deep of our starting secondary are Sophomores, Three are Juniors and one is a Senior. That is a good mix. With the talent level so high at the MS Jucos, a program like ours would be foolish not to take advantage of it. The secondary is one of the most difficult to transition from high school to college. We should sign a mix of Jucos and HS players in the secondary every year, but with that many young guys getting so much playing time now, we will deep there for years to come, and sign an redshirt some guys. DBs are like RBs. You can never have too many good ones.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT