ADVERTISEMENT

Uniforms

Hockey Eagle

Redshirt
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2015
"Now, I understand we've got to do it on the field. It's not about the uniforms. But you feel good, you look good, you play good. We've got some really neat designs. We're working with Russell (Athletics) and Rodney Richardson (RARE Design). You can expect us to wear a lot of black with some gold accents. Simple, clean, traditional that represents Southern Miss."

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but new uniforms will be great for this team. I've always been somewhat of a uniform nerd, so the term look good, feel good, play good (close enough, Bill) is something I believe in. I'm really excited for our guys to sport some new threads when they play in front of a sold out crowd against State. Once that new logo gets on a helmet, we could have a really sharp look. Also, I think it's safe to assume that we won't have to worry about anything too loud (example: two toned pants). The simpler we keep it, the harder it will be to screw the new uni's up. Nike did them right. I'm sure some of you couldn't care less about what we wear, but kids like to wear good looking stuff and it's not just football. Side note: I designed some USM hockey jerseys when I first got here to try to spark some interest among people to start a club team. Got great reviews on the jerseys, but not so much for starting a team. Maybe Bill should just let me take care of these new uniforms ha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News