ADVERTISEMENT

UK

UK has a lot of talent on offense. In fact the receivers and running backs are SEC level along with the defensive secondary. Really just the defensive front seven is the glaring weakness. If USM runs the ball well then it could be a long night for UK unless the offense can keep pace. I expect a high scoring game that UK eventually loses. However a UK win wouldn't surprise me.

I expect Southern Miss to roll over Kentucky. I think that vegas has this game completely wrong. If you want to make a quick buck put it on USM to win and cover.

I see where sprint draw Gandy is over there downing our coach

well, you can learn a lot about a coach by listening to the team he use to coach (see EJ / USM). hopefully my suspicions of SD are wrong but they only confirmed them. considering it should be hard for any coach to screw up Mullens (knock on wood) and that Coach Hop is a tough no nonsense type guy (I get the impression anyway), then we shouldn't experience the things they described about SD, for the most part (knock on more wood). however, the play calling, QB coaching and general attitude of SD could be a concern if they are correct.

I expect Southern Miss to roll over Kentucky. I think that vegas has this game completely wrong. If you want to make a quick buck put it on USM to win and cover.
UK has a talented offense that can rack up points. Southern Miss will not win in a blow out. In all honesty I expect it to be a close high scoring affair. UK has a decent secondary so if southern miss runs poorly then UK will likely win.

I believe Coach Dawson's demise at UK is two fold.

1. Coach Stoops is still learning to be a HC and needed a OC that was experienced.

2. Coach Dawson is still learning the ropes too. He needed an experienced HC to mentor him.

Both seem to have gotten what they needed. UK got an experienced OC in Gran and Dawson got an experienced HC in Hopson.

Dawson had an issue with not being able to make half time changes. It got to a point where even the fans knew what play he was going to call. Ended up being a run up the middle for little to no yards. Hopefully Coach Hopson will correct him and get him to where he needs to be as a OC.

And if he runs the up tempo offense, USM will need to make sure their defense can get 3 and outs. If not the defense will always be on the field and give up easy points in the second half.

I believe Coach Dawson's demise at UK is two fold.

1. Coach Stoops is still learning to be a HC and needed a OC that was experienced.

2. Coach Dawson is still learning the ropes too. He needed an experienced HC to mentor him.

Both seem to have gotten what they needed. UK got an experienced OC in Gran and Dawson got an experienced HC in Hopson.

Dawson had an issue with not being able to make half time changes. It got to a point where even the fans knew what play he was going to call. Ended up being a run up the middle for little to no yards. Hopefully Coach Hopson will correct him and get him to where he needs to be as a OC.

And if he runs the up tempo offense, USM will need to make sure their defense can get 3 and outs. If not the defense will always be on the field and give up easy points in the second half.
Incorrect

iu

In honor or BDR.

im a UK fan, so do with this what you will...and i know nothing about Southern Miss other than yalls tradition and apparently reputed strong qb. Our offense will be fine. The O-line has maybe one weakness that i believe is corrected. All skill positions are conference level with QB being the only question. Word is he is SEC Calibre - he'll need to prove that. Defense, however, is another story. The Dline has serious, well known, and obvious short comings. The linebackers are deep and reportedly talented, but as a group very young. The secondary is conference-class, with safety being the only potential weakness, and by weakness I mean not as strong as CBs.

If y'all come in and establish your rhythm and make us bring the house in order to get qb pressure, i see a very close game that UK could easily lose. If, on the other hand, our defense can get pressure without a bunch of ridiculous sell out plays, then i trust our CBs to keep your qb in check and bring home a good win.

Best of luck after our game, guys, and here's to an injury free game!

In theory the Air Raid Offense regular less of great skill players by them choose one responsibility which opens up another. Mutiple options that attack the weakness of a called defense. AL has great cover guys but always has trouble with those type offensive. Where USM has had trouble was big corners that did not allow the WR to get into their routes.
I went back and watched UKs last game and I am not sure what was going on with SD offense. It was l thought dis functional and disjointed. Really good running game, they would try to go vertical at times but it did not seem that anything meshed. It in no way resembled TM, offense which is funny because we have been told Our offense will look a lot like it did last year.

im a UK fan, so do with this what you will...and i know nothing about Southern Miss other than yalls tradition and apparently reputed strong qb. Our offense will be fine. The O-line has maybe one weakness that i believe is corrected. All skill positions are conference level with QB being the only question. Word is he is SEC Calibre - he'll need to prove that. Defense, however, is another story. The Dline has serious, well known, and obvious short comings. The linebackers are deep and reportedly talented, but as a group very young. The secondary is conference-class, with safety being the only potential weakness, and by weakness I mean not as strong as CBs.

If y'all come in and establish your rhythm and make us bring the house in order to get qb pressure, i see a very close game that UK could easily lose. If, on the other hand, our defense can get pressure without a bunch of ridiculous sell out plays, then i trust our CBs to keep your qb in check and bring home a good win.

Best of luck after our game, guys, and here's to an injury free game!

Thanks for the objective insightful post. Mad respect for any P5 program that sees the value in a home & home that gets them to the Pine Belt. Lots of kids to recruit down there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT