ADVERTISEMENT

Tyndall

NCAA is meeting with Tennessee officials on Thursday to discuss Findings.

I would assume we already know what we are facing from NCAA.

Looks like the other shoe is about to drop or not.

Tennessee fans on other boards are not very optimistic and early speculation that he will be let go.

This is all just speculation though.

Why would the NCAA report its findings to Tennessee before Southern Miss?

If he is indeed gone, the violations must have been pretty extreme, which does not bode well for USM.

Could we already have received our notification, and agreed to wait for TN to be notified before releasing a statement? That doesn't sound likely.

Originally posted by Heisman426:
It is a done deal.. He is gone from UT
And you know this, how? My UT sources tell me that he has built strong relationships with the AD at UT. The fans love him and feel he over achieved based on his situation.

Originally posted by og4life:
Heisman is prob drunk. He starts early
Everyday.
shock.r191677.gif

Just speculation but maybe the NCAA sees us as more of a clueless accomplice instead of the brains behind the alleged wrongdoing.

Twitter is blowing up with DT is gonna be fired tonite tweets....some from sports reporters.

Originally posted by 80's eagle:
Twitter is blowing up with DT is gonna be fired tonite tweets....some from sports reporters.
lets hire him back... i kid i kid, kinda

Tyndall is the roundball equivalent to EJ... IDK why anyone that is a USM fan could still have any love left for him. It may have taken him longer (2 seasons instead of 0) but he took us from national prominence to a joke. And those who say he did so much while he was here, he took a tournament team to the NIT. That's what he did, then he left us, and all the while he was cheating just to get us to the NIT... he's a joke. Screw him

Originally posted by sabo21:
Tyndall is the roundball equivalent to EJ... IDK why anyone that is a USM fan could still have any love left for him. It may have taken him longer (2 seasons instead of 0) but he took us from national prominence to a joke. And those who say he did so much while he was here, he took a tournament team to the NIT. That's what he did, then he left us, and all the while he was cheating just to get us to the NIT... he's a joke. Screw him
Wow....most fun and exciting basketball and fan support I have seen at Reed Green since the Spoon days. Sure was a hell of a lot of fun to me.

most fun was going to the tournament. I give Neil and the players all the credit for any fun had during the Tyndall era

DT brought the fans back. I'm sure there are those that will ignore what the atmosphere was like while he was here, but it was damn exciting to watch his players fight for every loose ball. The fans responded. His total impact to the program will be determined after all of the NCAA penalties are handed out. I expect them to be serious and if so, I will lose some respect for his tenure at So Miss. But not yet.

DT aint gone from Tenn. Aint gonna happen. You can take that to the bank SMTTT

I still want this explained and it will be a heck of a note if we get punished worse than the SEC. What is his defense USM Made me do it.

Originally posted by Eagle 70:
DT aint gone from Tenn. Aint gonna happen. You can take that to the bank SMTTT
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12567695/tennessee-volunteers-fire-basketball-coach-donnie-tyndall

Well i just got home from the bank, and they told me that Eagle 70 should chill on his guarantees when he doesn't know what he's talking about.

You know that isn't even close to a fair comparison, sabo. EJ disrespected everything about the school from the moment he was hired. It didn't take him long to lose the team or the fan base.

No one expected the team Tyndall inherited to amount to much. Yet they were one point away from going to the NCAA tourney. Should have been in the tourney twice. He was ready to get the ball rolling as soon as he was hired. even though we still don't know what it is, obviously he did something wrong and is paying the price. Sure he did some damage to the future of the program. But I also think we made a hire to replace him that wasn't the right fit. He wasn't ready to come here and it took him losing half his team for him to quit tweeting scouting reports to Iowa State.

Donnie stepped on the wrong toes when he got to UT. Justice isnt Donnie getting fired. Justice is Southern Miss getting off scott free just like UNC basketball, Kentucky basketball, Memphis basketball and the entire SEC. But we all know that won't happen.

Isn't that something, some are defending Tyndall who took the win at all cost mode and is going to pay for it as well as us, and are criticizing Sadler, who had to follow in the muck and mire that Tyndall left us with and had his team playing respectable ball at the end of the season. All you can do is shake your head...

I don't think it's an unfair comparison at all. Guy can't win without cheating. I'm sure there's tons of coaches line that, but at least they know how to cover tower tracks. Bottom line, this guy cheated getting guys eligible who shouldn't be, and paying rent for players that he wasn't allowed to play, and STILL the best he could go was the NIT. Guy is s joke, our basketball program is in almost as bad of shape as EJ left football. It's truly mind boggling to me that he has anybody defending him

Originally posted by sabo21:
I don't think it's an unfair comparison at all. Guy can't win without cheating. I'm sure there's tons of coaches line that, but at least they know how to cover tower tracks. Bottom line, this guy cheated getting guys eligible who shouldn't be, and paying rent for players that he wasn't allowed to play, and STILL the best he could go was the NIT. Guy is s joke, our basketball program is in almost as bad of shape as EJ left football. It's truly mind boggling to me that he has anybody defending him
See my post in the other thread. I know you worked in compliance, so maybe my experiences were just different, but none of those allegations really shocked me at all based on experiences as a small-school recruit more than 10 years ago.

I agree that we should be frustrated with the potential negative consequences for our program, and in that sense, yes, he's comparable to EJ....though I'd still argue not QUITE as bad.

But everyone is attacking the guy personally....I just don't see it. Seems to me that he potentially cut some corners - but they are the same corners that schools all over the country are cutting.

Maybe I'm just overestimating the prevalence of these problems, so feel free to set me straight based on your experiences.

Originally posted by USM 75:
Just speculation but maybe the NCAA sees us as more of a clueless accomplice instead of the brains behind the alleged wrongdoing.
Because the NCAA looks kindly on cluelessness...

We're getting hammered.

At least TN covered their bases by having a clause freeing them from financial responsibility any NCAA issues came to light. Want to bet we didn't do the same?

It's a myth that people who do bad things are uniformly nasty people who set off warning bells as soon as you're around them, that they're the ones who don't shake your hand or look you in the eye, who can't make a joke, etc.

Not the case. The worst of the worst are charming people you just love and want to be around. That's how they do their work.

Screw Donnie Tyndall. He took an NCAA-quality basketball program and left it in ruins.

It is an unfair comparison. At least DT was trying. EJ is the worst thing to happen to Southern Miss Athletics. Bar none. Not even close. I can't believe we still have "fans" that make light of what he actually did and how he disrespected the program.

It is obvious DT did something wrong or else he would not have been fired from UT after their briefing with the NCAA. Yet, you spent a good paragraph writing about how poor a hire Doc was...wow. I guess Doc is to blame for whatever DT did.

Some of you either lack the mental capacity to get the point or you just weren't paying attention. Doc did nothing to better his situation here once he was hired. Recruiting was suspect. This was before anything NCAA related came out. Most of the players obviously didn't like playing for him. The majority of his tweets were ISU related until the bottom fell out. One reporter even said Doc was watching ISU games and sending back scouting reports, and this was during our season. He didn't take this job seriously until he had to. He did inherit a mess from Tyndall but most of it he brought on himself. He is not a good fit here. At all.

I'm trying to stay positive this morning...

Our Lady Eagles are in the Elite 8 and we are going to have 5,000+ at Sunday's game. Great girls, great character, great coaches.

After a disasterous 2012 football season, TM and staff are righting the ship and have us pumped for 2015 football.

Great softball hire in Coach Wendy who will continue to build back this program.

Men's Basketball? LE's last few teams got me involved again, and DT's teams got me really excited. DT's exit disappointed me, because I totally bought into the hype. Looks like we will pay for that. Doc is going to have to rebuild this program much like Todd has done for football...which is a bit harder because I didn't see the NCAA investigation and potential sanctions coming.

Doc's mission is much like TM's....get good character kids in here who love the game and love Southern Miss. Over time, it will reap rewards.

SMTTT!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT