ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane

Southern Miss was favored over South Alabama and Louisiana Tech. I am for trying not being favored if it will result in the win.

Actually Southern Miss was the underdog in the Armed Forces Bowl back in January. I do agree with you that I do not like it though.

Other than that, it was probably 1998 when Shaun King was the quarterback and they went undefeated and snubbed by the polls.

The 1998 Tulane team was totally shafted. 1998 wasn't as good a year for USM, but Tulane had a special year yet got stuck going to the Liberty Bowl.

I remember picking up the newspaper every weekend and seeing an unblemished mark. One of my coworkers joked" Tulane stands for 2 and 9" and couldnt believe what was happening. That team just kept winning and had the biggest screw job in the end. Anyone who says otherwise is a BCS SEC cartel supporter.

The 1998 Tulane team was totally shafted. 1998 wasn't as good a year for USM, but Tulane had a special year yet got stuck going to the Liberty Bowl.

I remember picking up the newspaper every weekend and seeing an unblemished mark. One of my coworkers joked" Tulane stands for 2 and 9" and couldnt believe what was happening. That team just kept winning and had the biggest screw job in the end. Anyone who says otherwise is a BCS SEC cartel supporter.
I still say that they paved the way for teams like Utah, Boise State......etc to get in the mix.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT