ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Sirk

You obviously haven't heard Dawson or Hopson talk about Howard or Griggs. You always make contact with a good caliber 5th years graduate if they can help your team too.

You obviously haven't heard Dawson or Hopson talk about Howard or Griggs. You always make contact with a good caliber 5th years graduate if they can help your team too.

Come on Jones. The writing is on the wall. This guy is a 6th year senior with good starting experience. He wouldn't be coming to sit the bench. They would be signing him to be the day one starter. Dawson has said Mullens could pick teams apart with his passing ability and we don't have someone like that anymore. Sorry, I am just a realistic guy and want USM to win. I hope our coaching staff is wrong about Howard/Griggs and one of them works out for us.

Dude if The QB from Duke came he would start and Keon would redshirt. Hell that ain't a knock on Howard who got his redshirt Year taken from him from two freak injuries on our QB's and Griggs on academic probation last season. I'm all about experience, competition, and the numbers at QB position.

We are obviously frantic, chasing damaged goods - Sirk and Tate. Means we are probably in deep trouble at the position.

Donovan Tate from Cartersville, GA. Tate was a 4 star QB out of high in school in 2009 and a UNC commit that had offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Florida, Georgia, Miami, Michigan, and USC out of high school in football! He was the #3 overall draft pick of MLB by the San Diego Padres and got 6 million dollar signing bonus!

Thanks for the info. Can't blame him for taking the 6 million and passing up football. Brandon Weeden still made it to the NFL after his baseball career was finished. Has Tate made a decision?

Tate has narrowed it to Aizona, Auburn, and Southern Miss. The Padres are paying for the college of his choice.

Like Sirk, Tate has had injury problems, but with the bonus of substance and attitude issues.

I am sure Sirk could at least survive the first game. Then we have Southern, ULM and a BYE to prepare the next guy. Ha

East Carolina offensive coordinator was the OC at a Duke when Sirk was there early In his career at Duke.

Tez is probably going to surpass Payne and be our #2 RB. Wildcat formations with Tez at QB could be in the mix too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT