ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor McCrary's latest article - Its Game Week!

timsgolf

BGN Pro Poster
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this one, Taylor. Nice job!
I especially loved this paragraph:

But never the less, it's here, the game all Southern Miss fans have been waiting for.
You see, I grew up after the whole USM-UM, USM-MSU days. I never got to experience the beat downs that were handed to Archie Manning, or the time the Eagles downed MSU in Memorial Stadium in front of 64,112, which at the time was the largest crowd to ever witness a game in the state of Mississippi and probably the biggest game the state had ever seen.

I only got to hear the stories.

Well, like many others on this board, I DO remember. I WAS there in Memorial Stadium that record crowd day - myself, my new wife, and our 7 month old baby boy. It was beyond words. The fact that you can appreciate this kind of history even though it was before your time gets you a big Black-n-Gold star in my book!

I arrived in Starkville last August 31st with high hopes. There were a few highlights early, then scattered about through the remainder of the game, but overall as everyone knows, it turned out to be an extremely frustrating experience on the field. Nobody, excepting a few of us diehard optimists, expects a much better outcome than 2014.

This Saturday night though, it's well beyond the high hopes of last time. We're much better! We're at The Rock!
There's something in the air - and it just might be Eagle Fever!

Hopefully the series will continue, but as of right now, this one is it. It could be THE last time. This game is not to be missed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News