ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Illustrated Bowl Projections...

The Hoosiers have a former UAB rb that at least started off on fire. Speaking of IU, I thought the Big XII was going to the HOD Bowl this year?

How ironic isn't Heart Of Dallas the bowl we should have taken after Liberty Bowl fiasco that led t the revolt.

The Hoosiers have a former UAB rb that at least started off on fire. Speaking of IU, I thought the Big XII was going to the HOD Bowl this year?

I checked the bowl website and you're right that the opponent is from the Big 12 this year. The person who wrote this wasn't doing their homework. One thing this conference is seriously lacking is a designated quality bowl for the champion to consistently play in. The practice of waiting until the end of the season to decide where to send the champion is "small time."

Not sending our 2011 championship team to Dallas to play Penn State was the biggest bowl blunder we ever did. Instead Houston, who we defeated in the championship game, played them and won. After having played Penn State over several years and losing every time, it would have been nice to play them again with the opportunity to put them in our win column.

How ironic isn't Heart Of Dallas the bowl we should have taken after Liberty Bowl fiasco that led t the revolt.
I was thinking it was The Military Bowl, but I easily could have it wrong.

EAGLES !!!

I checked the bowl website and you're right that the opponent is from the Big 12 this year. The person who wrote this wasn't doing their homework. One thing this conference is seriously lacking is a designated quality bowl for the champion to consistently play in. The practice of waiting until the end of the season to decide where to send the champion is "small time."

Not sending our 2011 championship team to Dallas to play Penn State was the biggest bowl blunder we ever did. Instead Houston, who we defeated in the championship game, played them and won. After having played Penn State over several years and losing every time, it would have been nice to play them again with the opportunity to put them in our win column.

The projections are assuming the Big XII won't fill all their bowl slots. Big 10 is the backup in the HOD.

Someone STILL needs their @$$ kicked over that Hawaii Bowl TTT fiasco!

The projections are assuming the Big XII won't fill all their bowl slots. Big 10 is the backup in the HOD.

After reading what you said about the Big 10 being the backup, I looked into it. I don't believe they are the backup, unless they are lucky enough to qualify so many teams that the Heart of Dallas Bowl could pick up a stray as an at-large team. That's highly unlikely. The Big 10 is slated to participate in alternating years between the Heart of Dallas Bowl and the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth as part of a six year contract. This bowl arrangement is the very last in the selection process for the Big 10. If a team that far down is bowl eligible they have to go to the Armed Forces Bowl in 2015.

What the Heart of Dallas Bowl would likely have to do if a Big 12 team is not available is find any at-large team. So it could possibly be a team from a power conference, but it could also be a 6-6 MAC or Sun Belt team.

I hope that is not the case about Ohio(nothing against them personally,) and yes I know I'm being picky.KSU has a tough remaining schedule, and it looks like the BIG XII may only have 5 bowl eligible teams if KSU can't win 3 more games.Indiana still has to win 2 more games(likely Maryland and Purdue), but I wasn't aware of the Fort Worth Bowl agreement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT