ADVERTISEMENT

So, does Nick play on Senior Day?

Mao Tse-gore

Key Reserve
Nov 20, 2002
Will I get attacked or thrown out if I wear a Trump hat?

What if I wear white to the blackout game?

What if I refuse to do what jumbotron tells me to do?

What If I make the sign of the cross at eagle walk?

Reactions: Karen85
No shit. Maybe you should wear a Trump hat to the game.....maybe then the media would give us some attention. Noboby is going to leave their family on Thanksgiving to watch that debacle......NOBODY.

If he's medically cleared, I guess you give NM the opening drive. After that you have to go with Howard. Every snap/rep he can get is important for next year. Football is a game you have to play to get better.

You play the best players that gives you the best chance to win the game. Period
We are playing a regular season game, not a spring jamboree.

Last edited:
You play the best players that give you the best chance to win the game. Period
We are playing a regular season game, not a spring jamboree.

Yeah, sure, if this rinky dink, bad 3-a high school head coach hadn't burned the red shirt on your future at qb in week 10. It's not like the 2 other guys were lighting up the win meter. Howard needs live game reps. He's not getting better standing on the sideline with a baseball cap on and carrying a clipboard. It's time to look to next year.

YES, YES, YES, MAYBE, AND YES

I hope he can learn to hang to the football, for (our) sake.

He will get better at that. The more live reps he gets, the more different looks from defenses he sees, the sooner the game will slow down for him. The same thing happened with Nick. He was a turnover machine as a true freshman with the game speeding by him and defenses confusing him. He cleaned up the to's until this season.

2013 (Freshman): Named Conference USA All-Freshman ... Named to the 2013-14 Conference USA Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll ... Played in nine of the 12 games on the season, starting the final six games as a true freshman ... Made collegiate debut on the road at No. 22 Nebraska ... Earned first collegiate start against North Texas ... Had a season-high 370 yards passing in the Golden Eagles' 62-27 victory over UAB in the season finally ... Against the Blazers, recorded a season-high five touchdown passes, while adding a rushing TD ... Had three touchdown passes against Middle Tennessee, while adding two TDs in the air against East Carolina ... Also had touchdown passes against North Texas, Marshall and Louisiana Tech ... Had 323 yards against Marshall, while adding 298 against Louisiana Tech and 289 against Middle Tennessee ... Added a rushing touchdown against Florida Atlantic ... As a starter, was 124-for-253 for 1,659 yards and 11 touchdowns ... Had at least one passing touchdown in five of six starts ... Was 51-for-86 for 659 yards and eight touchdown passes in final two games of the season ... Named Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week on December 2.

Absolutely ruined by the current coaching staff, sad.

However, he gets the start against LATech, with a short leash.

Last edited:
Absolutely ruined by the current coaching staff, sad.

However, he gets the start against LATech, with a short leash.

This is his 3rd OC in 4 years which is tough on any Qb. NM is a system Qb plain and simple. Nothing wrong with that. Chip Lindsey's system fit NM. NM has a limited skill set and a weak arm. I don't think the staff ruined him, they don't use him properly.

Lindsey's system and play calling was tailored to NM strengths, along with having wr's who ran crisp, sharp routes and were where they were supposed to be and on time. The timing has been off almost all season.

M. Thomas leaving was a bigger blow than alot of people thought. Not only could he take the top off of a defense with a deep route, he ran sharp, crisp mid range routes and he usually took a safety with him opening up areas for others to work into. Staggers can be the next M. Thomas, but, he has to learn to run routes better and consistently get off of the line of scrimmage w/out being jammed off of his route.

Either way, they have to go with Howard. He is the future. Every snap he takes now speeds up his progression for the next 3 years. Once the game slows down for him, he limits the turnovers, his upside is awesome.

This is his 3rd OC in 4 years which is tough on any Qb. NM is a system Qb plain and simple. Nothing wrong with that. Chip Lindsey's system fit NM. NM has a limited skill set and a weak arm. I don't think the staff ruined him, they don't use him properly.

Lindsey's system and play calling was tailored to NM strengths, along with having wr's who ran crisp, sharp routes and were where they were supposed to be and on time. The timing has been off almost all season.

M. Thomas leaving was a bigger blow than alot of people thought. Not only could he take the top off of a defense with a deep route, he ran sharp, crisp mid range routes and he usually took a safety with him opening up areas for others to work into. Staggers can be the next M. Thomas, but, he has to learn to run routes better and consistently get off of the line of scrimmage w/out being jammed off of his route.

Either way, they have to go with Howard. He is the future. Every snap he takes now speeds up his progression for the next 3 years. Once the game slows down for him, he limits the turnovers, his upside is awesome.

I disagree about who should play. You play the qb that gives you the best chance to win. Period. A win gives you a bowl birth. Hes paid to win every game. Not just some next year. Tomorrow's game shouldn't be treated like a glorified practice scrimmage. His ass could be canned midway through next year if hes not careful.

Reactions: Aub Bry

Speaking of....found this hat graphic on another board. Do 'em in black and gold and I bet you could sell quiiite a few.
1456.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT