ADVERTISEMENT

Serious soul searching to be done...

lanny mixon

Oct 28, 2002
There is some serious soul searching that needs to be done, and it can't wait until after the season even if that is today. Something has gone terribly wrong and I won't pretend to know exactly what it is or what it will take to fix it.

I know many of you think you know where this post is going, so let me take a quick right turn. The soul searching that is most immediate dosen't need to take place in the Department of Athletics, or in the football program but right here on BGN.

We as a community of friends have to to take a step back, a deep breath and look at ourselves not at others around us for a few moments.

I don't know what has gotten us here, maybe it's the disappointing football season, maybe it's the way we feel that Southern Miss is portrayed by media in and out of state. Maybe this previous election cycle corderized us to common courtesy? Maybe some have challenges outside of their interest in Southern Miss sports that carries over? Maybe it's different for everyone...

But, what I do know is that this board has become toxic over the past two months. A poster can't even make a positive post without two or three more running in and telling him how wrong he is.... We have members of this community who will only post after a loss, we have members who have not posted one single positive post about anything in months.

This can't continue, it can't it's not health for the community or any poster as an individual.

I want everyone who reads this just to take a moment and step back and ask yourself one question. "Are my words and actions making the situation better or worse?"

There is little doubt that there is a small group that I really feel want things to be worse and I am not sure why. Maybe being right is more important than USM being successful, I don't know. But, the vast majority of folks who are just down and disappointed don't feel this way.

Happy Thanksgiving and Let's Go Bowling!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News