ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

is it normal that we would only have one commitment by this time? Marshall and Rice have 3, La Tech with one.
It's very early at this point. I would say our recruiting might be going better than it ever has right now. Our staff has put out more offers to more highly sought after recruits than ever. It is unbelievable how many offers are going out and how much of a territory they are covering. Add to that the fact that there are many highly sought after recruits who have USM in their list of top 5 or 6 schools along with Alabama, FSU, Auburm, UCLA, and other schools. We are being extremely well received by the players and the high school coaches. Of course all the offers and positive feedback have to turn into commitments, but we have lots of really big time talent saying they are planning to make a visit this summer to USM. This staff is certainly not backing off the big time talent, and they are also getting in early and making the first offer on those they believe in too. I expect big things because of what I am seeing. SMTTT

I was think we had more commitments than 1 by this time last year and that was selling a 3 win team. I am not sure number of offers is a metric that has any meaning. Yes our couches are working hard but is true of all FBS teams.

I was think we had more commitments than 1 by this time last year and that was selling a 3 win team. I am not sure number of offers is a metric that has any meaning. Yes our couches are working hard but is true of all FBS teams.
There is working hard and there is more than one way of getting results. Of course the best way would be to have 10 great commitments right now. The fact is we have a new coaching staff and it is making new inroads with schools and recruits who have never had contact with USM in many cases. They have to check us out first. Which means coming to campus and hopefully the camps. This happens over summer. That's when more commitments will come in. The coaches are not just working hard. They are getting us looks and kids who want to come see us of the caliber and number like we have never seen. Now of course the next step has to happen with closing the deal. This staff has more respect in the high school ranks than anyone we have ever had. I'll be very surprised if this is not one of the top classes we have had. Hope I'm not putting too much presure on Hopson in his first full recruiting year. SMTTT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT