ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting class

garynada

Starter
Jan 18, 2009
White GA
247 has our class ranked 80/80 out of 100. 4th behind the FL schools and UTSA in CUSA. We are 3rd based on average player rating. I don't think it was updated to include the late 3 star signee. Not sure how that would move the needle It has us with 23 signees. Scout had us 84 with the same teams above us. Good old rivals has us at 72 with UTSA below us. A good number of AAC team below us. Memphis did really well.

Last edited:
Rivals now has us at 66, better than half of the AAC. Considering our current conference, etc., I think we did very well - give 'em a B.

Reactions: One putt
Rivals now has us at 66, better than half of the AAC. Considering our current conference, etc., I think we did very well - give 'em a B.
Agreed I think Hop and crew rolled the dice on a few guys a some months ago. How those guys are graded pulled us down some but if the coaches are right and the graders are wrong it could be a really good class. In some cases it will depend on the guy being able to add a lot of weight/strength and still be able to perform. Sometime adding the needed weight moves a player past his genitic performance sweet spots. At that pointOn a few of those guys I think it may be a bridge to far but in some cases they may be able to switch positions and contribute. Also I don't remember this many PWOs. It would be nice to have 2 or 3 Sammy Winders in that group!

Went back and looked at previous years. We were 53 by rivals in 2010. We bounced back and forth beween the 90s and Mid 70s since then. Some of that was he who will not be named. Mid 70s last year. They have us tied at 71/72 this year would be roughly equivalent to the 2016 class.

Last edited:
Extremely pleased by this class. The way the coaches closed was absolutely amazing. The only downside was early on when we did not get the JC QB and OT we wanted. I guess I could also add that while the top 80 % is amazing, the bottom of the class is a question mark also. We have some who Hop liked, but not with a lot of offers. Time will tell how they turn out, and for now I will trust our coach. Can't wait for next season. SMTTT

Extremely pleased by this class. The way the coaches closed was absolutely amazing. The only downside was early on when we did not get the JC QB and OT we wanted. I guess I could also add that while the top 80 % is amazing, the bottom of the class is a question mark also. We have some who Hop liked, but not with a lot of offers. Time will tell how they turn out, and for now I will trust our coach. Can't wait for next season. SMTTT

Who was the OT and QB?

Voldemort?
No but his last name would be another name which would be the same as the first name of former head of the Eagle Club (who was also one of my ROTC instructors). If you need a better hint go to the urban dictionary and start entering our previous coaches last names. Start after LF and before TM.

Last edited:
Pretty accurate. Coaches feel great about the class other than losing the JUCO QB and the OT. Very pleased with where they are. But hey, everyone is a winner on signing day. The lowering of the out of state tuition will allow for a few more PWO's

Last edited:
There were a few JC OT's we offered and missed out on. As to the QB's we targeted the one that went to Old Mess and the main one was the one that went to SMU. Both considered us strongly and the one for SMU was really close.

Thanks for the info. Odd that a JUCO qb would sign with Ole Miss this year. Patterson will be the starter for them for a couple more years and the JUCO guy would never touch the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT