ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Butler as USM defensive quality control coach?

Munz just tweeted this...definition please...
Good question. found this, - "the QCC doesn't really do much coaching at all. They spend all day multitasking, breaking down film up to five weeks in advance and analyzing data. They work all hours, in hotel lobbies, on airplanes and at their team's headquarters producing reports for their Head Coach. They do get to do some coaching though. The QC coaches often run the "Scout" team in practices. From their extensive film work and breaking down plays, the QCC can be a great help preparing their team because they know the tendencies of their opponents. They make sure the Scout teams give the starters an accurate look at what they'll face on Saturday in practice during game weeks."

If I'm not mistaken isn't this what Chip Lindsey was doing at Auburn before Monken hired him as our QB coach and Offensive Coordinator? The difference being he was an "Offensive Analyst" instead of defense.

If I'm not mistaken isn't this what Chip Lindsey was doing at Auburn before Monken hired him as our QB coach and Offensive Coordinator? The difference being he was an "Offensive Analyst" instead of defense.
I think I read that somewhere...
I'm curious, did the athletic dept have at least a high school teacher's pay to hire RB? This seems like an out of the blue take advantage of a situation type hire...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT