ADVERTISEMENT

Questioning expectations for next season

IRON-EAGLE

BGN Pro Poster
Dec 21, 2001
many on here are thinking we are loaded up for a big time run next season. I'm personally boy so sure. Even before Monk abandoned ship there were some huge question marks with this team after some key players have graduated. Starting with offense we will likely be starting two new tackles that have never taken a D1 snap. That is a recipe for disaster right there. Regardless of how good those guys are it will take at least half the season before they start to acclimate to the guys they play next to and the speed of the game at this level. Then you take out our leading WR and the QB's safety blanket in Casey Martin. Richard was a also big time for us.

Defensively we lose the heart of our D in Mike Smith, Bolton, and our MLB. All three of these guys had huge senior seasons. Then throw in the loss of your best corner. I'm not convinced that this years team will be as good as what we were last season. I see no way the Oline could be as good with the issues at tackle. Hope I'm wrong but I don't see enough talent to be making any historic statements. I do see 7-8 wins and a bowl game.

Reactions: Greene King
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News