ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers requested ahead of Hurricane Harvey....

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
I have a plan in place and will carry it out to keep my family safe. It looks like the storm will make landfall somewhere north of the Corpus, but its effects will be felt in a large area. Pray that the Good Lord will tear this thing apart before landfall.

Evacuated almost to MO. The storm is that bad. This could be as bad as Katrina.
Stay safe our brother. I have just added you on to my prayer list right under a cousin and two personal friends. It doesn't look like quite the initial hard power as Katrina, but the possibility of it hanging around for 2 or 3 days at hurricane strength is extremely bad. FWIW, they are all bad if your in the direct path, don't matter if its a 1 or a 5.

I rode out Ike(109 mi/hr) in 2008 in a Houston hotel. It tore up the Bolivar Peninsula, Crystal Beach, and had a 15 foot storm surge. With the way Harvey will stall, it could rival tropical storm Allison for the flooding. The models are mind boggling.

PRAYERS FOR YOU MY BROTHER, for you and all in harm's way.

As a precaution I would be long gone with as much a four feet of rain forecast. Please don't take any chances.

DCT_SPECIAL29_1280x720.jpg

New Orleans 2005/Houston 2017. My family and I evacuated FAR away in anticipation for this to my relatives in NW Arkansas. Please pray for everyone still there and that the storm will move away. It just needs to move on.

The water is absolutely mind boggling. I swear I'm having Katrina flashbackswith the Coast Guard rescues and interstate boat ramps. I hate to say it but it may have benn better to take a Cat 5 hit than this. It is like there are broken levees around Houston except it is the overflowing bayous. I have been told my home is okay save a fence but areas fairly close are under water. Friends arent as fortunate though. One thing we all have in common is Katrina Ike and now Harvey experiences. The good news is that resources are coming in though a lot more will be needed.

I posted on this board a valuable lesson 12 years ago staring down Hurricane Rita...never wait for the govt to tell you need to leave...it has saved my family multiple times.

AMEN !!! The Holy Spirit leads, we follow.

I know there are many concerns, but your most precious thing, your family is safe. The Lord will provide, Amen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT