ADVERTISEMENT

Pitching is decimated...

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
Being a realist, our season is doomed because of pitching injuries, and I don't see them working themselves out this season. This program can really go far, but not without more pitching. The 2011 fell flat in the regionals because a couple players decided not to make the grade at the worst time and there was NO pitching beyond the starters,,,

Very glad team won.....just hate to have to win it playing gorilla ball...curious to know if Cockrell is coming back this season....

Very glad team won.....just hate to have to win it playing gorilla ball...curious to know if Cockrell is coming back this season....
Hopefully it's something that will get better with rest. He's had a problem for at least a month. Velocity was down in his start against MTSU, but seemed to be better against Rice.

Just wanted to say, 2011 was fine even after the pitchers got kicked out. We didn't get slammed ever. We just couldn't score a run to save our lives.

The resurgence in hitting has been remarkable. I know the change in bats lead to a new "dead ball era", but then things really improved this year, despite the bats. Munz tweeted earlier this year that the team only had something like 12 HR(or a number close to that) in 2012. I also read somewhere that in 1974 that our own Wilson Plunkett(one of Corky's teammates?) had that many using a wooden bat and only about half the number of games and lead the nation in HRs.

The change in bats really cut down on a lot of homers a few years ago, but it is good to see the long ball once again.

The resurgence in hitting has been remarkable. I know the change in bats lead to a new "dead ball era", but then things really improved this year, despite the bats. Munz tweeted earlier this year that the team only had something like 12 HR(or a number close to that) in 2012. I also read somewhere that in 1974 that our own Wilson Plunkett(one of Corky's teammates?) had that many using a wooden bat and only about half the number of games and lead the nation in HRs.

The change in bats really cut down on a lot of homers a few years ago, but it is good to see the long ball once again.

Change to a lower seamed baseball similar to a minor league ball prior to last year really helped restore some balance. A lot more runs and home runs across the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT