ADVERTISEMENT

opening line

norfolkeagle

Starter
Nov 25, 2003
Interesting that it opened up at 13 and quickly rose to 23-1/2. What are your thoughts on this. I have mu thoughts, just curious to other opinions.

I saw 20 points somewhere about a week ago. I think last year it was 30.5 and we lost 40 something to zip. So I'm hoping this year that we at least show up.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!

I am not sure why you responded with this jack assed post. Now I remember why I don't come to this board very often.

Thankfully we have the ultra informed elite such as yourself around to help out.
Its rude insulting posts like yours SSME that keep a lot of people away from here. We need many more classy posters like O G Eagle here.

Thank goodness this board does not reflect the true character of Southern Miss. I went there because of the friendliness and quality of the people. My second choice was Miss State. When I visited there I did not experience the same thing I did at USM. I had no desire to go to that cow school after my visit.

Someone told me that they had a prospective student over at their apartment and they had their computer on and BGN was up on the screen. I told them there was no way I would let a prospective student look at this site because of all the attack posts that are on here. It gives USM a bad name.

Gees, can't even have a decent discussion on this board. I truly believe that the odd makers know USM from their tradition but the casual college football fan knows USM from the past 4 years or so. This explains the sudden increase in the line to sway people to take the points on USM. I think it will be a much closer game than expected. you never know, we may just pull out a win.

Gees, can't even have a decent discussion on this board. I truly believe that the odd makers know USM from their tradition but the casual college football fan knows USM from the past 4 years or so. This explains the sudden increase in the line to sway people to take the points on USM. I think it will be a much closer game than expected. you never know, we may just pull out a win.
"I think it will be a much closer game than expected. you never know, we may just pull out a win" Yep, we will be way better than we were last year, and Mistake will not be nearly as good.

Reactions: norfolkeagle
I don't understand. Are you shocked that the line was only 13 points, or shocked that it moved 10 points when folks loaded up on Mississippi State? That's how it works. Either way, if you're opinionated enough to blast someone on a message board, then pick your side of the line and bet some money.

I don't understand. Are you shocked that the line was only 13 points, or shocked that it moved 10 points when folks loaded up on Mississippi State? That's how it works. Either way, if you're opinionated enough to blast someone on a message board, then pick your side of the line and bet some money.
Who was that directed to?

10 point swing is a lot. That usually happens when you lose you starting quarterback mid week. I was simply making a statement to see other opinions. As I said. I believe that the bookies had it correct in the beginning but the bets have gone on the State side because of recent years. I think taking the points is a wise choice t this point.

10 point swing is a lot. That usually happens when you lose you starting quarterback mid week. I was simply making a statement to see other opinions. As I said. I believe that the bookies had it correct in the beginning but the bets have gone on the State side because of recent years. I think taking the points is a wise choice t this point.

No one in particular. That's why I said "either way", meaning "whatever your opinion".

What I mean is, anyone who feels like the opening Vegas line is bad speculation should bet against it. Obviously a lot of people did, or the line wouldn't have moved 10 points.

Likewise, anyone who feels like the line moved too much should bet the other way. It works the same way for the guy who thinks we have a "lot of uninformed fans". He should bet the opposite of the people he sees as the uninformed fans who loaded up on MSU.

That was my point. Instead of throwing insults, simply place your bet.

LOL...wow. I think it is time for some football. Some are really reaching here. My original point was that there are alot of football fans in general....not OUR fans...that do not know the personnel improvements we have made here at USM, all they know about is the last three years here. Thus the loadup on MSU after the original line opened. How it came to throwing insults is beyond me.....

LOL...wow. I think it is time for some football. Some are really reaching here. My original point was that there are alot of football fans in general....not OUR fans...that do not know the personnel improvements we have made here at USM, all they know about is the last three years here. Thus the loadup on MSU after the original line opened. How it came to throwing insults is beyond me.....
me too, I was baffled by that.

I think we'll get at least a field goal this year. Can you imagine the deafening roar from the 6 USM faithful if we stick one through the uprights?! It's gonna be CRAY CRAY!!!

Its rude insulting posts like yours SSME that keep a lot of people away from here. We need many more classy posters like O G Eagle here.

Thank goodness this board does not reflect the true character of Southern Miss. I went there because of the friendliness and quality of the people. My second choice was Miss State. When I visited there I did not experience the same thing I did at USM. I had no desire to go to that cow school after my visit.

Someone told me that they had a prospective student over at their apartment and they had their computer on and BGN was up on the screen. I told them there was no way I would let a prospective student look at this site because of all the attack posts that are on here. It gives USM a bad name.
You are right NueDaeEagle. I should have kept my peace, not have said anything, and just let the post speak for itself. However, I will say that I see nothing "classy" in the posts he placed here. One about "uninformed fans", and another calling me a "jack*** " , neither of those do a thing for me. I believe there were perhaps two posts here when his first was made.

But in the interest of doing the right thing and seeing where it goes, YOU HAVE MY SINCERE APOLOGY O. G. EAGLE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT