ADVERTISEMENT

One of the worst game we've played...

Oct 31, 2002
in a while. When we stank, we knew we were bad. We are better now and expect to win. We couldn't do anything tonight against a sunbelt team. Troy out played us for sure but the defense didn't show up, we had no offensive line, special teams was weak and Nick looked like he just learned how to play. That was not our team and we better wake up now!

Last edited:
Discipline F 16 penalties
Special Tean F -
Offense C- with the first quarter and most of the second quarter an F-. Nick hit is mark and when he did the receivers could not catch.
Defense a C at best they did well a good bit but missed assignemets gave up too many big plays. And our line backers are too small. If the running back got past the D line he carried our LBs on his back for 8-10 yards. That was embarrassing. Can't blame this staff for our undersized front but they are recruiting smaller guys than the ones we have now. The game is shifting back to be more balance with power running up the middle. Size matters.

They were still celebrating that win over a really bad Kentucky team and that cakewalk against Savannah State Middle School. Combine that with them reading their own press and you get a team that wasn't prepared for a pretty good Troy team.

That was why I was saying this was Troy's bowl game. USM wasn't ready. I knew this might happen it is the history of USM football. But it isn't a conference game so we are still in control of our destiny!

Still don't understand the reluctance to concentrate on the running game after Smith gouged them in the 2nd half. We had them on their heels at that point. But hindsight is 20/20 as they say....and BTW I'd pitch in on an eye exam for our QB.

I really think Troy is that good. I also know USM made a lot of penalties that cost.

I tend to agree with this. I honestly don't think we overlooked this team. Troy could have/should have beaten Clemson. They looked VERY GOOD versus that team. Hopefully....HOPEFULLY Troy will go on to win many games this year and we'll look back and say....hmmm we lost to a really good Troy team....as pathetic and sad as that sounds.

I tend to agree with this. I honestly don't think we overlooked this team. Troy could have/should have beaten Clemson. They looked VERY GOOD versus that team. Hopefully....HOPEFULLY Troy will go on to win many games this year and we'll look back and say....hmmm we lost to a really good Troy team....as pathetic and sad as that sounds.
Troy is not as good as we are bad and we should not try to justify our ineptitude by making them out to be some powerhouse. We look to be in a bit of trouble. Opponents will aim to dampen our run and shake our interception vending machine of a QB. Hope we solve.

Troy is not as good as we are bad and we should not try to justify our ineptitude by making them out to be some powerhouse. We look to be in a bit of trouble. Opponents will aim to dampen our run and shake our interception vending machine of a QB. Hope we solve.

You may be right but it's too early to tell. Lots of craziness early in the season right now. Lots of teams have lost to teams they shouldn't have...ie State to South Bama. Ole Miss is the First Half Kings.....but they now sit at 1-2 wondering WTF is going on. They might implode now. Just saying Troy's not a bad team...but who knows. I'm as embarrassed as anyone but nothing we can do now but look ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT