ADVERTISEMENT

One more post on MSU and tickets.

blue noodles

BGN Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2002
We have fought hard to keep the Rock black and gold for this game. First off, I'd like to thank and congratulate everyone for a good job. I think the AD had a great plan, fans have stepped up very well for 4-32, and the ticket office has been honestly better than expected.

Secondly, I want to remind everyone of who we are. We pride ourselves on our winning percentages and our on the field prowess. But we also consider ourselves to be top class supporters of a top class institution.
I feel we have always been gracious hosts. I'd like to think that we emulate Nebraska in the way we treat our guests. Let's be at least that gracious with MSU. Many of their fans might be enticed to return to the Rock for other games. Lots of them live in the 'burg, or close by, and you never know how many will begin to trickle into our games on off weekends, etc., if they have a positive experience. Know this: if we treat them the way we are treated in Nebraska, most of them will develop the beginnings of respect for Southern Miss.

I know about the bad fans, and the events of the past. I'd hope we can avoid generalizing and painting the whole MSU fanbase with that broad brush. I remember a sign hanging on campus in the '80's before an MSU game. It said "USM vs. MSU "Culture vs. Agriculture"". Let's show them our culture.

** I know I don't normally talk like this on BGN, but I can actually be an adult at odd times. **

Beat State
SMTTT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News