ADVERTISEMENT

Now that we have reached the stretch run of the season its gets harder

scotteagle

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2002
and harder to see how we host a regional. Point of fact, we won't. I am not so burdened by losing to Ole Miss tonight as much as the little league play I saw. Outfielders who repeatedly looked bewildered not knowing where to throw the ball. Infielders who seem to be lost in deep thoughts, like Jack Handy. Or how about pitchers who get the yips and can't throw across the plate?
First of all, Ole Miss is good They look like a lock for a super-regional and probably are headed for Omaha. Having said this, they are a pretty good plumb-line for us and we are not ready for prime time. We knew we had pitching problems before the season, attrition and injury, but we have a staff full of guys who can't throw and NOT all are freshmen.( 12 or so are upper class men) But typically, game in and game out, we hit well. Alas! Baseball comes down to pitching and defense and we are not proficient at either.
Berry and staff will have to work some real magic to save the season. I think we look like a third seed in Oxford, then will say goodbye to Luke and Nick to the pros, and try to rebuild. I think winning CUSA looks like realistic goal and much beyond that will be gravy.

I am praying that Sandlin heals quickly and that others heal as well. In the Name of Jesus, Amen!!!

Reactions: scotteagle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT