ADVERTISEMENT

NFL makes mockery of Kalan Reed...

Houston Eagle

BGN Pro Poster
Aug 11, 2005
Like in the Ten Commandments when Pharoah gave Moses the old stick to rule his kingdom, I hope Kalan throws it back in their face.....
BTW about 25 years ago there was a "Mr.Irrelevant" drafted by the Dodgers named Mike Piazza....

Last edited:
That is so stupid. How many players did not get drafted. What are they supposed to be. ESPN sucks and we all know it. How about their SEC Channel rigged Heisman winner who went into the 2nd Round before he got a sniff.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29820440/broncos-set-select-their-first-mr-irrelevant-heres
That is so stupid. How many players did not get drafted. What are they supposed to be. ESPN sucks and we all know it. How about their SEC Channel rigged Heisman winner who went into the 2nd Round before he got a sniff.
It is a tridation that goes back to when the last pick was number 400+. He gets a parade and a trophy. This was not started by the NFL but I think it dates back to 1979. The link has some of the history.

Last edited:
Like in the Ten Commandments when Pharoah gave Moses the old stick to rule his kingdom, I hope Kalan throws it back in their face.....
BTW about 25 years ago there was a "Mr.Irrelevant" drafted by the Dodgers named Mike Piazza....
It's not a mockery of Reed. It was started privately and is pretty big deal. They give the player a week in California with a parade and all kinds of good stuff. Just about anything he wants to do. It's not an insult and is actually a great idea.

Doesn't bother me at all. Somebody has to be taken first and someone else has to be selected last. Why not have some fun with it? He may have been drafted last, but he was drafted by the NFL. That distinction is not bestowed on a whole lot of people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT