ADVERTISEMENT

More Recruiting tidbits:

lanny mixon

Oct 28, 2002
Here's a few more tidbits:

- I have reason to believe that Southern Miss is no longer recruiting Highland (Kan.) CC WR Troy Grant. I believe that a condition of his offer was for him to be a mid-year transfer. I am taking him off the commitment board.

- I also believe Rummel (Lou) OL prospect Larry Robinson will be a late enrollee if at all. Sources, in Louisiana, tell BGN that he may be an academic casualty. As of now, he is going to remain on the board, but I am not sure I am going to count him in my head as a commit. I am not 100% convinced that Harrison Central (MS) DL Jordon Beaton ends up signing next month, he could end up a greyshirt.

- In addition to Richthofen, I think an in-state sleeper that may be getting a strong look at OL is West Harrison (Gulfport, MS) OL Josh Oatis. Other late OL prospects include Jamahl Jelks, Darta Lee and Chandler Anthony.

- There are two in-state OL that are committed elsewhere that I am not convinced will actually sign with the schools that pledge them. Eli Johnson from Lafayette (MS) County and Gentle Williams from Florence (MS). Johnson is pledged to OM while Williams is committed to Cal. Do not be shocked if one or both of those guys end up on a USM visit list before NSD.

- Quarterback commitment Jared Sparks supposedly has a vist to Purdue on 1/15. If he takes the visit, I won't be shocked to see Southern Miss bring in other QB prospects on 1/22 and 1/29. A guy that has popped up late on the radar is Spartenburg (SC) Austin Scott. He is the 2015 Gatorade Play of the Year in SC this year and a MaxPreps 1st Team HS All American. When I watch his video he's a carbon copy of Nick Mullens.

- The next commitment on the Southern Miss board could be Starkville (MS) DL Lorenzo Dantzler. He has a visit set for 1/22.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News