ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis fans

They can offer a bit more money, but its NOT a step up. Not a chance either coach goes there. I just read the link on that Memphis message board. Delusional if they think Monken or Brohm would go to Memphis. Sort of funny.

Memphis fans have always been delusional. Jokers. They might be able to offer a little more money, but would Saban leave Bama for USA for an extra $500k? I don't think so.

Memphis fans have always been delusional. Jokers. They might be able to offer a little more money, but would Saban leave Bama for USA for an extra $500k? I don't think so.
To be honest Memphis was offering Fuente north of 3 million. Can Southern Miss even offer that kind of money to Monkon?

Memphis has came up since being in the AAC. We got facility upgrades and ESPN exposure. We have even became a prime canidate for Big 12 expansion with the commitment to football. Not the same Memphis from CUSA days.

Also it has been said that Brohm and Monkon were smokescreens fed to the local media. I wasn't even looking at Arizona State's OC. Norvell was the countries 3rd highest paid OC and top recruiter. I think they are paying 1.9-2.5 million with a large budget for assistant pool.

You can pay your coach however much you want... but in the world of college football you are either in the "have's or "have nots". Memphis, like Southern Miss, Boise State, Arkansas State, etc... are in the have nots. If you can ever make it to the Big 12 and start winning football games on a regular basis like TCU then come back and talk to us.

I would argue that Memphis, because of their basketball tradition, is much closer to a "have" than any of those you listed. Combine that with a new commitment to football and their location and I wouldn't be shocked at all to see the Big XII come knocking.

Sure, they have a great shot at eventually getting an invite to the Big 12. Better chance than Southern Miss, Arkansas State, and Boise. And that's simply because they've got the 3 things that matter in conference realignment... 1. Large Market; 2. Geography; 3. Large Market

But, until they get that invite they are just another "have not". Being a strong potential invitee to a P5 conference means very little until you actually step on that stage.

Memphis had no shot at Monken or Brohm. It would make little sense career-wise for either coach. Its the same reason Hudspeth at ULL didn't want to come to USM (despite a pay raise). All of these guys at G5 schools have aspirations to make it to P5 schools. Taking a lateral-level job at another G5 school doesn't add up.

Sure, they have a great shot at eventually getting an invite to the Big 12. Better chance than Southern Miss, Arkansas State, and Boise. And that's simply because they've got the 3 things that matter in conference realignment... 1. Large Market; 2. Geography; 3. Large Market

But, until they get that invite they are just another "have not". Being a strong potential invitee to a P5 conference means very little until you actually step on that stage.

Memphis had no shot at Monken or Brohm. It would make little sense career-wise for either coach. Its the same reason Hudspeth at ULL didn't want to come to USM (despite a pay raise). All of these guys at G5 schools have aspirations to make it to P5 schools. Taking a lateral-level job at another G5 school doesn't add up.
Monken wasn't a real canidate either. What the media was saying and what the AD was doing were two different things. Memphis was either going to try and get Barry Odom or a young P5 OC. The AAC is becoming a P5 stepping stone anyway.

Memphis problem might be solved when deregulation is voted on for the Big 12 and ACC. It is likely going to be turned down and they will be force expand. TV partners want to expand east and Memphis and Cincy fixed their geographical problems along with strengthening basketball brand, SEC and Big 10 territory, tv market, and CCG. It was said on the radio yesterday that Cincy and Memphis were working together and FedEx was a major player in this.

To be honest Memphis was offering Fuente north of 3 million. Can Southern Miss even offer that kind of money to Monkon?

Memphis has came up since being in the AAC. We got facility upgrades and ESPN exposure. We have even became a prime canidate for Big 12 expansion with the commitment to football. Not the same Memphis from CUSA days.

That is great are you still waiting to win a conference championship before you ask us in your league (HA) For those of us who used to watch Memphis football and admire the ones of you who would go to those game every week good for you I am so glad you had this season. But anytime you feel froggy just tell your AD you want a game with USM

That is great are you still waiting to win a conference championship before you ask us in your league (HA) For those of us who used to watch Memphis football and admire the ones of you who would go to those game every week good for you I am so glad you had this season. But anytime you feel froggy just tell your AD you want a game with USM
We won the conference last year fwiw. Finished 10-3 last season. We could finished 10-3 this year if we beat Auburn in the Birmingham Bowl.

That's a lot of "if's" and rumors. Fact of the matter is that you ended up with some coordinator from a team that finished with a LOSING record in their conference. That should have been a nice reality check for you delusional morons, but it looks like you're still full of yourselves after the first good football season in your program's history.

I would argue that Memphis, because of their basketball tradition, is much closer to a "have" than any of those you listed. Combine that with a new commitment to football and their location and I wouldn't be shocked at all to see the Big XII come knocking.

Doubtful. The AAC didn't even want Memphis. They only took them as last resort when the Big East blew up, and their previous expansion plans with Boise fell apart.

That's a lot of "if's" and rumors. Fact of the matter is that you ended up with some coordinator from a team that finished with a LOSING record in their conference. That should have been a nice reality check for you delusional morons, but it looks like you're still full of yourselves after the first good football season in your program's history.
He doesn't control their defense lol. Arizona States offense was still top in the country. We got one of the hottest cooridinators out there. The only reality check is our offense gets more explosive schemes to it.
The Sun Devils are 6-6 this season and 34-18 in Graham's four seasons with four consecutive bowl appearances. Under Norvell, ASU is No. 23 nationally in total offense this season and No. 40 in scoring offense. In the two preceding seasons, ASU was No. 10 (2013) and No. 16 (2014) in scoring offense.
We hired the guy in charge of their offense not defense or HC lol. Bad troll attempt LE

He doesn't control their defense lol. Arizona States offense was still top in the country. We got one of the hottest cooridinators out there. The only reality check is our offense gets more explosive schemes to it.

We hired the guy in charge of their offense not defense or HC lol. Bad troll attempt LE

Still a ho-hum hire after all of your big-shot, big-mouth talking about all of the money you have, and your claims about being on your way to the Big-12. Doesn't matter. You're Memphis. LIke UCF, you will eventually figure out that you're down near the bottom of college football. After losing your coach, QB, and most of your defense, I suspect that will happen sooner rather than later. I suppose it's not unusual for fans that have never experienced a winning football program to get a big head after 1 or 2 years of being decent. Hope you enjoyed it. But you may want to check your ego, or else the fall is going to really hurt.

We won the conference last year fwiw. Finished 10-3 last season. We could finished 10-3 this year if we beat Auburn in the Birmingham Bowl.

Yikes didn't' know that congrats . Now that you have the banner tell tem you'll want to add us to the conference it will be just the boost AAC (we will have to work on name) to add a quality football and baseball program to what you have. I know w don't have as many TVS as conn but we play much better football. ,

Yikes didn't' know that congrats . Now that you have the banner tell tem you'll want to add us to the conference it will be just the boost AAC (we will have to work on name) to add a quality football and baseball program to what you have. I know w don't have as many TVS as conn but we play much better football. ,

Memphis, who never even came close to being competitive in football in CUSA, won a title and was in the hunt again this year. That tells you how weak that league is. It's made up of a bunch of teams that we have dominated on the field.

Memphis has really improved. I think we will see them move on up ala Louisville. The Big 12 is going to have to make a move to 12 teams. Look for Cincinatti and Memphis along with BYU to be the top 3 candidates for those two spots. I always liked our rivalry with Memphis, particularly the Black and Blue Bowl in football.

I hate that all of the expansion now is based primarily on geography. For that reason alone, Southern Miss will never advance beyond G5.

Memphis, who never even came close to being competitive in football in CUSA, won a title and was in the hunt again this year. That tells you how weak that league is. It's made up of a bunch of teams that we have dominated on the field.
You can't be serious? You bring up the past to compare to compare to the future? Memphis is playing on another level than years past right now with better players and they are getting coaches that we never did in CUSA. Norvell wouldn't give us even a blink if we were who we were in CUSA. Our leaders have a vision for the future.

Pretty sure a new update will be in next year with the IPF and new practice facilities being built this year.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Brady Davis is willing and capable to lead the offense next year. He will have a veteran offense to lean along with a more mature defense. Paxton didn't have that help when he took the offense. He also will have the same OC along with a head coach known for his explosive offensive schemes. We will be fine for the future.

You can't be serious? You bring up the past to compare to compare to the future? Memphis is playing on another level than years past right now with better players and they are getting coaches that we never did in CUSA. Norvell wouldn't give us even a blink if we were who we were in CUSA. Our leaders have a vision for the future.

Pretty sure a new update will be in next year with the IPF and new practice facilities being built this year.

Keep dreaming that this year was anything more than a fluke.

Memphis has really improved. I think we will see them move on up ala Louisville. The Big 12 is going to have to make a move to 12 teams. Look for Cincinatti and Memphis along with BYU to be the top 3 candidates for those two spots. I always liked our rivalry with Memphis, particularly the Black and Blue Bowl in football.

I hate that all of the expansion now is based primarily on geography. For that reason alone, Southern Miss will never advance beyond G5.

Excellent cinder blocks and cellulose ceilings! lol

I have a feeling Brady Davis is willing and capable to lead the offense next year. He will have a veteran offense to lean along with a more mature defense. Paxton didn't have that help when he took the offense. He also will have the same OC along with a head coach known for his explosive offensive schemes. We will be fine for the future.
Pride, Memphis had a good season this year and you lost your coach. I wish you and the Tigers the best. Good luck and good luck to the folks going to your games in Memphis. Last one I attended a shootout broke out just off the parking lot that scared the poop out of me. Has that all changed too???

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

6-6 Auburn - 31
Tiger High - 10

Busted.

It gets even worse for Memphis. After the game, one of their players went over to the Auburn sideline, tackled the ball boy and ran off with the ball while flipping everyone off. This wasn't even the first time he did it. You can't fix stupid. Memphis responded by kicking him off the team even though he was a senior and had just played his last game.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...is-ball-takes-football-auburn-birmingham-bowl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT