ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile ....

Dothan Eagle

All Conference
Oct 29, 2002
Schools like Troy announce a 24.5 million dollar football stadium expansion. Sit at 8-1 with their only loss by 6 points to the #2 team in the country. On the verge of cracking the top 25. Guess they made the right hire in Neal Brown.

It is so sad what has become of our football and basketball programs. Sorry, just venting frustration and dissatisfaction.

We have completely incompetent, derelict, and negligent leadership from the top down and it is ruining our University athletically and academically.

Reactions: BR Eagle
Schools like Troy announce a 24.5 million dollar football stadium expansion. Sit at 8-1 with their only loss by 6 points to the #2 team in the country. On the verge of cracking the top 25. Guess they made the right hire in Neal Brown.

It is so sad what has become of our football and basketball programs. Sorry, just venting frustration and dissatisfaction.

What will be the seating capacity when Troy completes the expansion? I believe I read that 24 luxury box suites are being built.

I couldn't agree more. I laid into jay hopson and his staff at the game this weekend. They heard me load and clear about how they have all this talent on the team and they are runnning the program in the ground. One of the assistants turned around and told me to go f myself and that I was embarassing myself. to this I replied you just lost two games to Charlotte and ODU. Now who is the embarassment. He then challenged me to jump over the fence and fight him. This is our staff folks. This is what the people at the top put in charge.

Which coach? Good for you letting them know how important this team is to us. They should have won at least 9 regular season games this year with the players we on the roster.

I couldn't agree more. I laid into jay hopson and his staff at the game this weekend. They heard me load and clear about how they have all this talent on the team and they are runnning the program in the ground. One of the assistants turned around and told me to go f myself and that I was embarassing myself. to this I replied you just lost two games to Charlotte and ODU. Now who is the embarassment. He then challenged me to jump over the fence and fight him. This is our staff folks. This is what the people at the top put in charge.
The coaches are who they are and in reality they are working hard at predictable levels for low teir FCS coaches that packed up shop and jump to FBS. My problem is with the dreamer decision makers that thought that approach would work in the first place. Now we are in this mess the will take some hard choices to get us out. We have a good linebacker coach but he is coaching RBs. We have a linebacker/DC coach that needs to go back to D2 or the SWAC. Shannon needs to bring in an offensive guy for his RB coach. I think Hop needs another young dynamic fire breathing D coach and he needs to run the D. Standing pat would be bad but I also think starting over again would be bad. Jay and Shannon are FBS level coaches but there are too many Asst. that are not. Fix the Defense and we are competitive

The coaches are who they are and in reality they are working hard at predictable levels for low teir FCS coaches that packed up shop and jump to FBS. My problem is with the dreamer decision makers that thought that approach would work in the first place. Now we are in this mess the will take some hard choices to get us out. We have a good linebacker coach but he is coaching RBs. We have a linebacker/DC coach that needs to go back to D2 or the SWAC. Shannon needs to bring in an offensive guy for his RB coach. I think Hop needs another young dynamic fire breathing D coach and he needs to run the D. Standing pat would be bad but I also think starting over again would be bad. Jay and Shannon are FBS level coaches but there are too many Asst. that are not. Fix the Defense and we are competitive

JH was a mediocre at best FBS assistant coach. Nothing remarkable or stands out about it. IMO, he took the SWAC job because it was the only viable coaching job he would have.

Shannon Davis, who knows. 1 year at Kentucky as OC and fired. Nothing about UK offense stood out in 2015 with 2 very talented Rb's, 1 hoss WR, and a decent Sr. Qb. He did 3 years at WVU. Big deal, it's Dana Holgersoms offense and DH called the plays.

The committee dropped the ball on this hire. The braintrust was hell bent on finding some schlub who will stay for decades and would come cheap. Typical Southern Miss small time thinkers.

What will be the seating capacity when Troy completes the expansion? I believe I read that 24 luxury box suites are being built.
ShortBob the capacity did not increase much.Just the seats in the Luxury boxes. about 410. The capacity before any work is 30,000. The enclosing the north end zone adds luxury boxes, sports med facility, training facility, etc. Pretty impressive area. On their sports web site is a 34 minute presser that is pretty impressive. you probably can find it.

Now all that is said they had their own TTT moment last weekend. Break Top 25 and get beat by an inferior team. they must have caught a bug when in Hattiesburg and had a breakout against Arky State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT